Long Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 17, 2014
I can't believe there hasn't been a review in so long! Carver is awesome! It's small, tight knit community of teachers and parents really make it a special place. Mrs. Forrester is a fabulous principle you can relate to and approach with any issue. We feel so lucky to be a part of this school.

Posted December 10, 2010
Carver is a fantastic school! As a teacher, I recognize how lucky my own children are to attend this school and I would choose Carver over ANY school in the LBUSD. A small neighborhood school, strong academics, and caring teachers make this the school of choice.

Posted August 17, 2010
Carver is a great school with great teachers and principal. So glad my kids are at Carver!

Posted June 15, 2010
I cannot say enough positive things about this school. I love the small, family atmosphere and the ability to get to know the other students and parents. Carver has fantastic teachers that truly care about their students. Lots of parental involvement and our new principal is friendly and approachable. My two children have really excelled here. This year we received the CA Distinguished School Award. Carver is a great place to learn and grow!

Carver Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
The wonderful caring teachers, active parent support and administration and staff all have the best interest of each student in their sites.

Posted March 25, 2010
My daughter is a 1st grader at Carver and it has been another amazing year there. I love the teacher's I love the classroom sizes! Too bad that next year 2nd grade will have to increase but i'm sure the school will handle it. When I hear parents who are looking for a school I always recmomend Carver Elem!

Posted January 17, 2010
My child is currently a 3rd grade student at Carver. We've absolutely loved this school, its learning environment, and my daughter's teachers. Curriculum is strong, standards-based, and enriching for students. My daughter has experienced many rewarding activities that are unique to Carver. I won't be surprised when Carver is awarded Distinguished School this year!

Carver Elementary School 0

Posted August 24, 2009
Carver provides students with a challenging curriculum and postive atmosphere. The majority of the teachers have their Master's Degree and are continuing their education at the nearby university, taking courses to keep them current on various strategies and topics in teaching. Teachers at Carver are professional and care about all the students.

Carver Elementary School 1

Posted July 09, 2009
Carver is okay, but I wish I could have kept my child at Lowell. I find my child not being challenged enough, & not given enough homework. I'm still up in the air about him returning in the fall. He has also come home upset about fights in the bathrooms & the older kids kissing, I am assuming it's the older kids but it is upsetting considering this is a K-5 school.

Posted May 25, 2009
This is our second year at Carver. I have a child in Kindergarten and 1st grade. I was concerned about sending my children to a public school after being at a private religious pre-school. I have to say that Carver has been a truly wonderful experience. My children's expereinces so far have been very positive and have pushed them to challenge themselves. The Kindergarten staff is so loving and caring. They have truly helped to re-inforce our education foundation. I could not have asked for a better school.

Carver Elementary School
5335 East Pavo Street, Long Beach, CA  90808
Last modified Carver Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top