Bad
Good

All the teachers and staff love their jobs. You can tell the way they treat the kids.

Emerson is great with top notch teachers and wonderful parent involvement. Emerson is our school of choice and have we have been so happy with the outcome. It really takes administration, students, teachers and parents to have a great school and Emerson is that school!

Emerson's parents are what sets this school apart - it's a true community. Nearly all of the teachers are amazing, going above and beyond daily.

This is our 4th year at Emerson and we are very happy to be here. We got in through school of choice and have been very happy with our choice. The best part of it is the school community. The teachers are very dedicated and the parents are involved and we have a strong PTA who is constantly looking for new ways to enrich our kids academically, not just socially. Lots of school events means you get to know your classmates and their parents which makes it a better experience all around. We've had some bumps with allocating Charter money, but now that the school gave up it's charter, that seems to be moving in the right direction, while we have kept the tight knit community.

Emerson is a little jewel! It has many dedicated, long-time teachers, a very active PTA, strong parent involvement and a strong sense of community. Proud to be an Emerson Eagle!

Although the loss of the charter meant the loss of some families, the core of Emerson is still as wonderful as ever. The teachers are amazing leaders and the PTA and parent involvement make Emerson a great place to learn and grow. Every child is accepted on their own terms and their educational and personal growth are encouraged and celebrated. I highly recommend this school!

I love this school. It really feels like a family, from the teachers to other parents every one knows each other. The budget cuts have really affected class size and activities but the teachers have been amazing at adapting! I love Emerson!

I am proud to call Emerson Parkside Academy my children's school! It not only has teachers that care about our children, but it also has a wonderful group of volunteers that help create amazing memories & advancements for our kids. The programs that Emerson have are unheard of now days. There are several reasons why I call Emerson a "Great Place to Learn", but here is just a taste of what it is like to be an Emerson Eagle: -Though LBUSD is providing our children with a brand new computer lab, our PTA is also in the process of purchasing an iPad cart that can go to the classrooms! Our students will get the added computer skills to perform well on the new Common Core testing. YES, that means 2 COMPUTER LABS! -Our parents have also raised enough money to have the students go into their very own science lab, where they can get hands-on experience with the standards that they are learning in class. -Our PE program is amazing! The students are learning about nutrition and their bodies, as they are actively participating in lessons provided by our very own PE teacher. -Emerson teachers rock! The spend countless hours planning and implementing meaningful lessons for our children.

Total community spirit combined with unbeatable academics. We have it all! I have 2 kids that have both attended this school and we have been happy to be able to attend Emerson.

I have a second grader at Emerson and my husband and I have been impressed with the quality education he has received so far at Emerson Parkside Academy. Yes, six teachers retired, but teachers are free to retired whenever they deem that it is right for them. The teachers that have replaced them are first rate teachers. The Special Education teachers are incredible and they make sure that every child is getting everything a child needs to grow and develop as a learner. My child has not had any issues with bullying on campus, so please go and visit the school yourself. Don't buy into a couple of bad reviews posted on this site. I think you will see what I see, a school that is doing everything it can to provide the best education for every child in the school. I'm a believe and I think you will be too!

Last modified Emerson Parkside Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.