Long Beach, CA

Posted October 30, 2013
My child is currently at the 1st grade GATE program and the teacher is absolutely wonderful. My child is doing very well in the class and loves the teacher. Their class curriculum is geared towards GATE objectives and I strongly disagree with the comments made by the previous parent about the GATE program and the 1st grade GATE teacher. We are experiencing a wonderful school year here at Minnie GANT as we did last year with the great kindergarten programs and teachers at GANT. Go GANT GATORS!

Gant Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2013
Be careful what you wish for. Want a school w/ decent test scores and high parent involvement? Who doesn't? But the politics run very thick at this school and a lot of "involved" parents are pretty insecure and hyper-competitive. The GATE program is broken. The woman who ran the 1st grade GATE program is possibly the most inappropriate teacher I have ever run across...and she has been in that role for many years. I must say that many of the teachers we had were fantastic. But the overall environment there is, in my opinion, somewhat unhealthy for students and parents.

Posted August 05, 2013
Our family has had an excellent experience at Minnie Gant. Responsible and approachable leadership along with a high level of parent participation makes this school top notch! My daughter is a proud Gator and cheers everytime we drive by her school during Summer!

Gant Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Gant is a wonderful school. Between our kids, we've been at Gant for 11 years. We have had amazing teachers, we've had good teachers, and we've had okay teachers. We have experienced four principals during our time at Gant, the current principal is our favorite. Almost all of our experiences at Gant have been positive. Parent involvement is huge, but not in an unhealthy way. The only thing that we would change if we could, would be to increase teacher involvement in programming and activities. Your child would be lucky to attend Minnie Gant.

Posted August 01, 2013
My son attends Minnie Gant Elementary. I am involved in PTA and I couldn't be more happy with the education they have received and the work that the teachers, parents, and PTA have put into the school to keep Gant Great! Gant has so many great programs and activities that both my sons have participated in over the years. I still have one more that will be attending Gant in the future and we look forward to it. The teachers and administrative staff are incredible!

Posted August 01, 2013
Minnie Gant is a neighborhood school here in Long Beach, California. I graduated from Minnie Gant Elementary in 1990. While I was there I had teachers who took the time to work with their students and be very hands on. The PTA at Gant has always been one of the best in Long Beach always going above and beyond to make Gant great. Gant is the kind of school that teachers do not leave and where previous students aim to own homes in the surrounding neighborhood so their children can go there. I am one of those Gant alumni. My oldest daughter is going into the 1st grade at Gant in the fall and previously attended Kindergarten where we were lucky enough for her to have MY first grade teacher as her Kinder teacher. Like I said, teachers don't leave Gant. From community support, great parent classroom participation, awesome PTA, phenomenal teachers, outstanding principal, and gracious staff these are the things that make Gant GREAT!

Posted July 25, 2012
My children will be in 5th and 2nd grade this fall, both have been at Gant since K-garten. We love this school! The teachers are wonderful and have always challenged my children to their max. Mr.Wood, our principal is very involved and approachable. My children love that he always says hello to them by their name. Our PTA is one of the strongest, and although it does seem as though it's "ran" by the same circle of parents every year, MOST parents are extremely active in the classrooms and are willing to volunteer at the big events (jog-a-thon, book fair, carnival, etc). Having an excellent public school that motivates students scholastically and creatively is essential to all communities. We are proud to be a part of one of the very best in Long Beach!

Posted September 13, 2011
This school is better than almost all the private schools that I have physically visited. I could not more proud of the standard by which this school strives to obtain. This is obtained by a combined effort of the Principal, Teachers and the "EXTREMELY" active parents. As many of the teachers are extraordinary, a special thanks to Mr. Wood and Mr. K, for your "Over the Top" commitment to the children! Michael Blosser

Gant Elementary School 3

Posted July 02, 2011
It is my first time reading this website and I found it very interesting reading all the reviews about my children's school. Some of the reviews were very accurate and I absolutely agree that some of the parents, who unfortunately cannot afford private education, feel the need to be a little obnoxious and push their kids extra hard because of that insecurity. I have always believed that is why some people use their "volunteer" platform at public schools to be a little overbearing because of lack of success in their personal lives. However, all the teachers my children have had so far have been outstanding. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent. Your children will receive a wonderful foundation and a lifetime love of learning.

Posted June 19, 2011
My daughter went to Gant k-5.Every one of here teachers was outstanding! We are very sorry she is leaving (off to middle school). I have been a substitute teacher in the district and want to comment that there seems to be more diversity at Gant than at many other schools in the district. I have been to many schools where the entire student population is Hispanic. That is not diversity. Gant has a nice mix of ethnicity. Students learn about other cultures. It is a fantastic school all around.

Gant Elementary School
1854 Britton Drive, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Gant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gant Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top