Long Beach, CA

Posted November 02, 2013
I used to go to this school last year and one thing I can say is that this school was great all my 3 years ! The teachers and staff are really nice and helpful. During my sixth and seventh grade years , I really enjoyed and liked the 8 class block schedual but due to the budget cuts they had to make it 6 classes during my 8th grade year. Even with the budget cuts they still managed to entertain the students, like the 8th grade activity night and the Evening Dance. I've made many great and fun memories at this school which has made my middle school expierence great!

Hill Classical Middle School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
My daughter got worst grade since she entered in this school. Teachers don`t care much about children, and they don`t even get enough homework. I`m so dissapointed in this school.

Hill Classical Middle School 3

Posted January 27, 2013
I really appreciated reading the comments for the most part...my 12 years there building the Drama program and Outdoor club were amazing years... so sorry to have it all taken away by budget cuts and lack of administration support. The electives have been devastated because of staffs refusal to take on an extra period...it is not the same group that originated the Classical Model we started 10 years earlier...I have moved on but would go back in a heartbeat if we could bring back the eight period block and restore the reason why students/parents flocked to Hill the first 12 years of the 21st century -- meaningful and plentiful Electives!

Hill Classical Middle School 4

Posted April 05, 2012
When all is said and done, we are very happy at Hill, the teachers do a wonderful job,with what they have to work with (no budget) They spend their own money to make learning fun. It's a very diverse school and we came from a small local elementary nearby. Sure there are issues, but the Principal, Vice Principal and all the teachers care about all students. I am glad we have supported our home school thus far and that my son has done well, and integrated with students from all over Long Beach. Keep it up Hill teachers we are so very proud of you. Thank you for what my son has learned in and out of the Classroom. I know I couldn't do your job, and I am grateful you take pride in teaching and have made Hill an excellent Middle School...Kudos to all!

Posted February 22, 2012
I am currently a student at this school~and i love it! The other students here are very kind, and not to mention, perceptive. They have various clubs for all grades, including 2 i very much enjoy, the Outdoor Club and CJSF. The Outdoor club lets us take private trips to places such as an ice skating rink, a hill hiking trip, a rock climbing gym, and other very fun places yet to be experienced by your child AND you. CJSF is a club for students who achieve a 3.0 or higher GPA and are able to earn service learning hours with their friends. One trip they, and only they can go to is a PRIVATE PARTY at KNOTT'S going from 7pm to almost 1 in the morning! You can even bring friends not at Hill if you have a best friend not going to the same school. There are many other clubs your child might be interested in involving games like chess and Scrabble. They also have clubs with sports involved AND teams for those. Hill also has amazingly fun electives such as music, drama, art, foreign language, woodshop, computers, and other enjoyable things too. The teachers here are astounding and know how to really prepare you for the tests, using very a simple method. These are only some things i like, t

Posted February 07, 2010
i went to this school a couple of years ago and i enjoyed it very much. There are a lot of different classes to take and different activities. Great Variety of students and the teachers and staff are wonderful people.

Posted September 03, 2008

Hill Classical Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2008

Posted July 12, 2008
i went to Hill a couple of years ago and i had a great time!!!! Paying soccer, volleyball, acting, playin and instrument, and dancing!!!!!!! lots of fun

Hill Classical Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2008
I am a current student at Hill, and I like it a lot. I'm a very active participant in the Drama program. I like this school a lot. The academics are good, and most of my classes are challenging and the teachers seem to care. We hardly ever go on field trips, and our teachers have to pay for almost everything.

Hill Classical Middle School
1100 Iroquois Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Hill Classical Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hill Classical Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top