Long Beach, CA

Posted March 21, 2014
awesome LOVE this school teachers are really cool and nice also its not that far away from starbucks

Jefferson Leadership Academies School 1

Posted December 03, 2013
Jefferson It could improve by Having better funraisers.They should have school get to geteher in the atourtoriem for every funraiser they want people to go to

Jefferson Leadership Academies School 4

Posted September 02, 2013
Jefferson is an extraordinary school. Since some of those last postings our scores have increased dramatically, and continue to rise. Additionally, student and staff/teacher rapport have improved and there is much more involvement by students, parents and staff in all school activities since the implementation of JLA's PTO in 2012-2013. That's not all... Jefferson has made a huge stride in becoming a Green Long Beach School, cultivating a lot of Jefferson Pride from the entire Jefferson community. This empowers students. This builds leaders. This also develops problem-solving skills that they CHOOSE to take part in and can't be measured by any exam. Although there is still a lot of work to do, with parent involvement and a continuation of students choosing to meet goals we will get there! Welcome to Jefferson... things are truly looking up!

Posted September 02, 2013
A year ago, when I found out my son was going to be going to Jefferson, I hated the idea. I had heard many things about the school, and non were positive. I didn't want my child to go to such a terrible school and tried my hardest to switch. After one year at Jefferson, I LOVE this school. They have a grant to have small class sizes, self contained 6th graders, awesome teachers and staff. All the teachers I have had experience with are all willing to go above and beyond to help their students. Parent involvement needs to make an improvement, but its easy for parents to get involved and over all the school is a great place for kids to learn.

Jefferson Leadership Academies School 4

Posted April 26, 2012
My child has been going to this school for 2 years and the teachers that she has and have had are very involved. The teachers work with the parents and help the students strive to the best of there ability. My daughter is in honors classes and i must say she is challenged everyday.

Jefferson Leadership Academies School 3

Posted June 03, 2011
The only supportive teacher throughout this school was Deborah Sowells a 7th grade Language Art teacher. I went from Basic to Advance when I had her. [: Besides JLA having a 3 for me, I give her a 10 out of 5 because she's that amazing.

Posted November 03, 2009
my kid goes to jefferson and i think it is a very advanced school

Jefferson Leadership Academies School

Posted November 03, 2009
i go to jefferson and i think it is fun and it teaches you a lot

Posted June 05, 2008
its a safe and nice school for young adults

Posted May 27, 2008
I am a student at Jefferson and I think it is a great school. Teachers and staff are very supportive and treat students with respect. This school has great programs like A.V.I.D which gets students motivated to attend college and obtain a career. Academic wise, Jefferson offers an outstanding learning environment as a result of its single gender configuration. The professional and dedicated staff and teachers at Jefferson are always willing to help students out with any extra help they may need. Overall, staff tries their best to maintain the school campus clean and safe for students. Jefferson is not a school for dummies as some parents think; it is an excellent school that offers a great education for those students that take advantage of it. Personally, I am very proud to be part of the student body at Jefferson.

Jefferson Leadership Academies School
750 Euclid Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90804
Last modified Jefferson Leadership Academies School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Leadership Academies School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top