Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 3,589

Jordan High School 1

Posted October 31, 2011
Its good to hear that the school has improved over the years. When outcast, Gary Graves, became vice principal at that school, it began to go downhill. In fact, the regular school principle was every bit as wimpy as he looked which meant they didn't care about having a professional staff overall.

Posted April 14, 2011
Jordan High School of Long Beach has so much to offer all students - don't listen to the "hype". Rumors of violence and safety issues are COMPLETELY FALSE. The environment is nothing short of perfection... students really CAN learn in their "own" comfort zone. At Jordan, students are praised for their efforts and achievements, motivated for higher learning. J-Town, (as Jordan is fondly referred to) is # 1, and so is the lady who makes it all happen - Principal Rosalind Morgan.

Jordan High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Great students who really want to learn and be treated with the respect they deserve.

Posted January 26, 2010
I am a parent of a senior and I have to admit I was one of those going crazy when my daughter didn't get accepted to any other high school.in my mind there was no way my daughter was going to Jordan! I had heard so many bad coments & not a single good thing about it. I did everything I could to get a transfer and put her on every waiting list but it was impossible. Well to make things short, Jordan is not any diferent from any other school it actually has less violence then the so called good schools and academicly offers very good programs. The students succed if they want to and if the parents are involved if not it doesn't matter what school they go to. I'm now proud to say my daughter goes to J-Town and it is not ghetto!!! It's the real world!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2009
I am a senior at Jordan, and I have to say that my 4 years at Jordan have been great!!! Jordan offers an awesome international program called International Baccalureate, which I am a part of. It is widely respected by top universities, and many countries offer this program at their schools!!!

Jordan High School 4

Jordan High School 2

Posted December 28, 2007

Jordan High School
6500 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90805
Last modified Jordan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jordan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top