Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Kettering has been great for us, love the teachers, the staff and of course Mr G. Grace is great, always willing to help and assist in any way.

My son is in second grade here. Kettering is amazing little school with great staffs, teachers, and principal. The new principal Mr. G is very nice and involved. We really like him. My sons first grade teacher Ms. Cordeiro and second grade teacher Mr. Wille are wonderful wonderful teachers that my son looked up to. He LOVES Mr. Wille and the violin program they have here for second graders. . He is very happy here.

I have a daughter in 2nd grade at Kettering and I absolutely love it there. Her teacher, Mrs. Spencer is an absolute angel and is very friendly and well versed in teaching. So far this year, my daughter has done a school enrichment project every month, and has daily homework in math, spelling, and reading. The second graders are also taking free violin lessons and have a cool computer lab that they use weekly. Mr. Gutierrez, the school principal, is very professional and friendly and he always keeps us parents involved and updated on what is going on. The PTA is very involved and has raised thousands of dollars on school enrichment projects. The school is in a quiet safe neighborhood, and I just couldn't ask for a better school. We are very happy here!!

Kettering has the best teachers! They are amazing! They are all classically trained. My child has excelled at Kettering!

I don't know why I have waited 6 years to post a review about Kettering. My best guess is that I've been so happy with the school that it hasn't crossed my mind to give a review. Today, I am looking for reviews on Middle Schools for my daughter and I thought it would be so helpful to those who wanted a review of Kettering, so her goes. My daughter has attended Kettering for all 6 years and I am writing this review with tears in my eyes because I am so sad to leave. This is the kindest, gentlest, safest, most compassionate little school I know of. My philosophy is that my children are going to get a good education at a number of schools, but what might hinder their great school experience is the environment in which they learn. From Grace the secretary, to Mrs. Snow the lunch lady to Mrs. Anderson the Principal, to all the wonderful teachers, you don't find any better. My daughter has had Mrs. Burner, Ms. Mitchell, Mrs. Cousino, Mrs. Dahl and Mrs. Luzod. She has thrived and excelled in this gentle, caring, nurturing environment. You would be a fool not to choose Kettering to send your child if you have the chance. Good by Kettering, we will miss you!!!

I have 2 kids in this school and I just love it here. The teachers are just amazing! They work hard, so hard for our kids and I can't imagine being in any other school. The kindergarten teachers set the foundation for learning and listening. It is not an easy job getting 25 5 year olds to listen and learn 100 sight words in 2 months time. I also thought that maybe the kinder teacher was a little distant in the beginning to my child. What was actually happening was that she was observing my child and noticed that she had a learning disability that went undiagnosed through all her years of preschool. We were able to begin treatment and therapy immediately and now she's thriving! Only an experienced, dedicated teacher would have noticed it so early on and she did. Also ,the after school activities are endless from piano, science club, art, basketball, skateboard you name it they have it. From PTA and other staff, this school is great and has it all :)

Both my daughters attend Kettering. Community is a great one. Lots of amazing activities and programs. PTA / parents very active and involved. Sad to hear that the reviewer before me is unhappy with our kinder staff. I love our teacher and both girls have been in her classroom. She is very involved and concerned with the getting the kids ready and at the learning level they need to achieve. If you are approachable, she is approachable. She's not warm and fuzzy but she's a great teacher and I guarantee that your child likes her even if you do not. The entire staff is wonderful with the exception of one of the current 3rd grade teachers. Not a fan of the current principal at all. I still highly recommend this school and am very fortunate to have found this gem in Long Beach.

not happy with this school only because of the kindergarten staff so far...i have heard the rest of the teachers are great but unfortunately, not having a great experience with the kindergarten teacher...very unapprocahable, doest ever smile, makes you feel uncomfortable when talking to her, very disciplined with the kids..not nurturing or warm...very cold personality...looking for other schools now because of the experience with this teacher. :( otherwise pta is great and other staff seem good! but not much of a playground for the children to climb and be involved in other activities.

This is a fantastic school with great teachers in all grades. Parents are involved and the students are engaged. We have 2 kids that have gone through the school and could not be happier with their experience.

After starting Kindergarten at a popular charter school fall of 2010 and having a less than positive experience, we switched our son to Kettering, our home school. Best decision we could make. He, as well as my husband and I, instantly loved the school. We were welcomed warmly by other students, families, teachers, principal and all support staff. He is now in 1st grade and we have a new principal who is terrific, as was the former. Both Kinder and 1st grade teachers are super. We feel very lucky to be part of this amazing school!

Last modified Kettering Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.