Long Beach, CA

Posted December 06, 2013
While talking with a parent, I met the principal of Lafayette and witnessed their interaction. I was impressed with the principal's knowledge of the parents and students, her warmth and her obvious drive to help her students be a success. Being a former teacher, I know that a good principal sets the tone for an entire school, and that principal is setting the bar very high for her staff. It's the students who will benefit.

Posted June 05, 2013
This school has exceeded my expectations. They have achieved an API score of 860. My daughter is in the 4th grade, excel program and absolutely loves her teacher Ms. Gault. I happy that she is enthusiastic about learning.

Posted October 16, 2011
Lafayette Elementary School API is 860 for the 2010-11 academic year. The Long Beach had the goal that all elementary schools score at least 800 on the AP on the 2010-11 academic year. Lafayette elementary scored 811 in 2008-09 academic year, followed by a score of 855 in the 2009-10 academic year and this last year 860. Parents at Lafayette are very proud of the student success on the API test.

Posted September 23, 2009
They are hardly substandard. they reach and meet for the best.

Posted June 07, 2008

Lafayette Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2007
Some of the teachers are great yet the the other part are very poor. the housekeeping of the school is poor.

Posted June 27, 2007

Lafayette Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2005
Low to average academic programs with big room for improvement. More parental involvement is definitely required.

Lafayette Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2005
The school personal has very low expectation for students therefore, they do not provide or care to provide students with a challenge curricula so tha students could succed in school and for their future. The students who need help are place in classrooms where the rest of the students are struggling to fail.

Posted July 28, 2004
I have twin boys at lafayette in first grade. At first I was worried that they had so much homework in kindergarten, their teacher expected so much from them. But I learn that kids at a young age are smart and the more they learn the more they want to know. One of my boys is now in their excel program and the other one always get happy faces.Lafayette has wonderful teachers that are very qualify for teaching. I specially thank MRS. Bunting for being the best kindergarten teacher.My only complain is that they don't have enough supervsion in the playground but I do understand their is lots of kids to look over. I suggest we as parent take one day of the week to supervise our kids either in the morning or in the afternoon. I do it everday and I work I know another parent can do it too.

Lafayette Elementary School
2445 Chestnut Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90806
Last modified Lafayette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Lafayette Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top