Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted February 06, 2016
The principal Christi Granado called me at 230pm on a Friday so that I can come by and register my kid for middle school. She said it was the only day to register and if I don't do it today, my kid won't go to middle school. I have already register my kid for middle school through the parent VUE website, but she said that was not the process even though I receive paper notification by the school provided in registering the kids for middle school. I had no problem with that so I went. When I met her she did not look too happy. I did not once see a smile and she acted very snotty. I smile and greated her, but did not get the same welcome. I even thanked her throughout the process and not once did she even utter a welcome. She seemed irritated at me and I felt very incomfortable. She did not once looked at me when we were talking. Even when she wasn't using the computer, she stared at the screen while she answer my questions. Her answers to my question were quick and brief-like one or two words. Even if she did have a rough day at work, there is no reason for her to treat people this way. She works in Education and needs to work on her social skills. I think that if she treats people like this then she has no business being in the field. She has a role to play and its not just a job.

Lee Elementary School 4

Posted February 16, 2015
The school staff are very pleasant. They are a very committed in helping parents help their children reach their academic goals. Great teachers! My oldest promoted from this school and is now an excel student at Wilson high school but my two youngest are Lee students. I'd definitely recommend this school.

Posted May 11, 2014
This is a wonderful community of learners. The parents work together with the Principal and the teachers. The students feel valued. My son has improved his reading and math scores. The staff really cares about students. The Principal took time to listen to me and the teacher spent extra time after school with my son. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
DONT BRING YOUR KIDS here!!!!!!! NO protection for your kids or the parents. Most of the Teachers are rude, don't care, and are just going threw the motions. Principal only cares and looks out for her staff. Theres are few good teachers that actually care at this school good luck!

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2013
My experience with this school and staff is only based on one school year. Front office staff is friendly and inviting. My son's teacher is okay but not the most enthusastic? I don't feel her zeal or love of teaching. FIrst back to school night she had no positive reviews/ feedback for the parents in regards to the class as a whole. School at that point had only been in a month and I dont believe that you can make a true assesment of a class of 5 year olds that quick? Most of which probably did not have a chance to attend PreK so this is there first time in school! Their has to be some type of positive reinforcement even for parents (could be their first experience having a child in school). Anywho I let my reservations go to see what the rest of the year would hold? I'm not impressed. My child will not be attending Lee after this year. I have a child at another school nearby and am way more impressed with the overall well being of my child academically. I would not reccomend Lee to another parent.

Posted April 28, 2010
This is by far the best school. It is definitely the exception to the rule. I love the fact that the teachers face all the obsticles that come with the nieghborhood head on. They encourage parents to take part in their child's education. These experienced teachers are here for a reason they want to be here to help these children who have been already been labeled 'at risk youth' because of socio-economical circumstances. I strongly encourage other parents to enroll their kindergartners in Mrs. Rocha's class and also for fist grade take Mrs. Martinez (the gate teacher.)

Posted April 24, 2010
my son received a solid foundation to further his education there

Posted September 01, 2007
Lee school has transformed itself over the last 4 yrs. Lee has such heart and dedication to improving student growth in academics, language development, and social skills. API scores indicate that the teaching professionals and support staff at Lee are a focus group who have made improvement in a school that had previously not performed well. The parents are hard at work volunteering to support the students, staff, and community. I know first hand this is an exceptional school where children thrive.

Posted August 15, 2007
Honestly at first I did not want my daughter to go to this school because of the area it is located in but the teachers are great, they encourage the parent's to get involved in the school activities and in the classroom. The teacher's and the principal are great!

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
This experience made me put a better effort in finding a good school. It was very disappointing to have intrusted my young child's mind. Teacher's were so unexperienced and the staff was looking out for teh best interest of there own people instead of the childreren they are intrusted with. I would not want any parent to experience what I have a this school. There lack of dealing with situations. And there lack of knowlege.

1620 Temple Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90804-1638
Last modified Lee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.