Long Beach, CA

Posted May 11, 2014
This is a wonderful community of learners. The parents work together with the Principal and the teachers. The students feel valued. My son has improved his reading and math scores. The staff really cares about students. The Principal took time to listen to me and the teacher spent extra time after school with my son. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
DONT BRING YOUR KIDS here!!!!!!! NO protection for your kids or the parents. Most of the Teachers are rude, don't care, and are just going threw the motions. Principal only cares and looks out for her staff. Theres are few good teachers that actually care at this school good luck!

Lee Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2013
My experience with this school and staff is only based on one school year. Front office staff is friendly and inviting. My son's teacher is okay but not the most enthusastic? I don't feel her zeal or love of teaching. FIrst back to school night she had no positive reviews/ feedback for the parents in regards to the class as a whole. School at that point had only been in a month and I dont believe that you can make a true assesment of a class of 5 year olds that quick? Most of which probably did not have a chance to attend PreK so this is there first time in school! Their has to be some type of positive reinforcement even for parents (could be their first experience having a child in school). Anywho I let my reservations go to see what the rest of the year would hold? I'm not impressed. My child will not be attending Lee after this year. I have a child at another school nearby and am way more impressed with the overall well being of my child academically. I would not reccomend Lee to another parent.

Posted April 28, 2010
This is by far the best school. It is definitely the exception to the rule. I love the fact that the teachers face all the obsticles that come with the nieghborhood head on. They encourage parents to take part in their child's education. These experienced teachers are here for a reason they want to be here to help these children who have been already been labeled 'at risk youth' because of socio-economical circumstances. I strongly encourage other parents to enroll their kindergartners in Mrs. Rocha's class and also for fist grade take Mrs. Martinez (the gate teacher.)

Lee Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
my son received a solid foundation to further his education there

Lee Elementary School 0

Posted September 01, 2007
Lee school has transformed itself over the last 4 yrs. Lee has such heart and dedication to improving student growth in academics, language development, and social skills. API scores indicate that the teaching professionals and support staff at Lee are a focus group who have made improvement in a school that had previously not performed well. The parents are hard at work volunteering to support the students, staff, and community. I know first hand this is an exceptional school where children thrive.

Posted August 15, 2007
Honestly at first I did not want my daughter to go to this school because of the area it is located in but the teachers are great, they encourage the parent's to get involved in the school activities and in the classroom. The teacher's and the principal are great!

Lee Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
This experience made me put a better effort in finding a good school. It was very disappointing to have intrusted my young child's mind. Teacher's were so unexperienced and the staff was looking out for teh best interest of there own people instead of the childreren they are intrusted with. I would not want any parent to experience what I have a this school. There lack of dealing with situations. And there lack of knowlege.

Lee Elementary School