Posted March 05, 2013
This is is not only an amazing school but a wonderful family! The teachers are caring and supportive, as well as the staff. I have gotten to know all over the past 3 years and cannot say enough about their dedication and concern for the students at all times. The parents support is great as well. The PTA is a great organization and their presence and support is felt. As for academics, I feel that the teachers do attempt to teach at the highest level, but with mixed level classes, it can sometimes be difficult. I find that as a parent, it is my responsibility to monitor my son's work and be in constant dialogue with his teacher so that he is constantly working up to his potential and always being challenged.

Posted January 17, 2012
My son has attended this school for the past 3 years. His teachers have been incredible and inspiring and have kept my child interested day after day. The PTA is very active and supportive of both academics and teachers' needs but also does a great job of planning fun events for the kids and their families. The organic garden is a wonderful resource for all students as is the Art Masters program which my son raves about. The principle is dedicated to making this school one of the best in Long Beach and has done a great job toward that end including introducing the PALS/GATE program for high achieving kids.

Posted December 11, 2009
I have been with the school for two years now I currently have a first grader and my other child was in 5th grade last year. This is an awesome school. Great Teachers and P.T.A. I love to see the parent involvment and the teacher encouragment. Excellent school grounds I love the Garden. I just love the school could not be more satisfied.

Los Cerritos Elementary School 0

Posted October 22, 2009
I love Los Cerritos, The teachers are all phenomenal and my son loves all the activities the PTA provides ;)

Los Cerritos Elementary School 0

Posted December 17, 2008
I have 2 children, one is in middle school and one is currently attending Los Cerritos. The school is set in a very charming & quaint neighborhood. Throughout the past 7 years, I have seen alot of changes with the school. The after school Castle program was eliminated, which is a shame. This was a program that high achieving kids looked forward in attending. You have alot of great and dedicated teachers, but the principal and the direction of the school is going down hill which is very disheartening. It seems the direction of the school has changes and many parents are opting to send their kids to other schools. Seems like the principal wants to open the school to all underprivileged and underacheiving kids and discourages individual achievement. Principal seems disinterested, unapproachable,distant and insincere when issues are brought to her attention. Too bad! Great music program and computer lab.

Posted December 09, 2008
This is our 6th year (I can't believe it!) at Los Cerritos and I have to say I am really happy there. The grounds have a great vibe to them, the grassy areas, the school garden...there is an idyllic park across the street that they are able to use frequently for P.E. and rewards picnics. Ambiance aside, the quality of education is great and challenging. I really don't know anyone who thinks there should be more homework, or tougher classes. We actually have a kiln! The kids are able to make and fire pieces-that is a special and unique feature. There could ALWAYS be more art, more field trips, more special programs, but I figure that's my job. We spend a lot of quality time with the kids on field trips and art projects on our own time. Staff is great, particularly Principal Price, who is extremely dedicated.

Posted September 04, 2008
This is a wonderful school with great staff. Although some of students might be a little distracting to the serious majority. The school is small but very diverse. My son is so excited to go to school every morning. I could move him to a less diverse school that has a higher API, but will keep him here because he might not be happy and I don't want to ruin a good thing. It says alot about the faculty when they can still make and keep an A level school with the diverse population.

Los Cerritos Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2008
I have two children attending Los Cerritos. This school has been a become a big disappointment. Accelerated learning programs are not available and Its arts program has dramatically deteriorated within the last four years. While the teachers have been great, I feel that the overall school climate, under the watchful eye of school leadership, is in serious decline. Although the school is located in a great neighborhood, a good portion of students now come from outside neighborhoods. Finally, the PTA has become very ineffective at fostering parent involvement, thus the many fundraisers that they have fail to achieve their financial goals. Given these observations, it has become, at best, mediocre..

Los Cerritos Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2008
I love Los Cerritos! It is a small community school with a great staff. I have 2 sons there in Kinder and first Their teachers have been wonderful. I love the PTA and overall parent involvement. There is a wonderful computer lab and garden at the school. Mrs. Price is a terrific principal!

Los Cerritos Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2008
Great school. Small, by LBUSD standards, experienced teachers, good location, OK principal.

Los Cerritos Elementary School
515 West San Antonio Drive, Long Beach, CA  90807
Last modified Los Cerritos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Cerritos Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top