Long Beach, CA

Lowell Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2014
Great school! Parents are very involved but very prejudice towards parents that look different or are not as involved as they are. Sorry, I have a job.

Posted April 03, 2012
A really good school. So much so, that I'm planning our next move to keep us within school boundaries. My daughter has a attended since midway through Kindergarten, and is now in 2nd grade. The overall feel is very VERY parent-involved, which is great, but for those who are unable (like myself- single parent, work full-time), I do get the impression that I'm judged as not being as involved as I 'should be'. Most of these kids have at least one parent who stays home full or most of the time. I know my daughter wishes that I could help in the class (so do I) like her friend's parents do, which can be hard for her to grasp.

Lowell Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2010
Too much emphasis on teaching the test. One the plus side, the school staff is wonderful and the parents are very involved. Too bad the kids spend most of their day sitting at a desk learing by rote.

Posted March 02, 2010
Execellent teaching and support staff. Great to be at a school where everybody - teachers, parents, administrators, etc. wants children to LEARN. This is not the school for faint hearted parents, that only want a school that is just day care center. Lowell expects full participation of parents in the education of our children.

Posted November 04, 2009
small town feeling, parent involvment

Lowell Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
The principal, teachers, professional staff and parents provide a healthy, enriching, positive and fulfilling learning community.

Posted December 04, 2008
Quality school based on focus on reading, writing, math from beginning of school year using multi-sensory approach. Different areas of class use computers, earphones, visual displays, etc. for varied learning strengths. Glad I didn't have to go to a private school.

Lowell Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2008
My son loves Lowell and I have to say I'm very pleased with the teachers and staff. The parents are a different story. Such elitist and is most likely due to the affluent community. Small price to pay in my opinion. I was planning on sending my son for kindergarten only then to a private school but changed my mind when I saw how invested his teachers were.

Posted May 21, 2008
I have 2 children at lowell and I love it. Excellent school, very impressed. My children are very happy and are learning so much- spanish, computors, dance, art, math, science, reading. The families and the teachers are super.

Posted April 01, 2008
Lowell is excellent! As a educator myself, this school is amazing. Has totally helped our son who transferred in from private school and was behind! Thank you, Lowell!

Lowell Elementary School
5201 East Broadway, Long Beach, CA  90803
Last modified Lowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top