Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 4,057

Posted June 11, 2014
I liked hanging out with Friends and meeting new friends. And when i was getting ready for the big shot in history i was looking around the big gym and the students where happy that i made the big shot hear all over the school and i sure wish i could go back for to see all of the staff again real soon.

Posted June 10, 2014
My daughter graduated newcomb and decided to come to Millikan. It was a big step since my baby was no longer a baby and was heading high school. However as she comes close to finalizing her 9th grade I am glad to have chose Millikan high school. The teachers always helped her. Explained this to her and even gave her extra credit when needed. Thank you Millikan teachers and staff.

Posted August 26, 2013
Millikan is an outstanding high school. My daughter completed her freshman year in the QUEST program and loved it! Faculty is accessible and there are many opportunities for parental involvement. I strongly recommend MHS!

Posted August 08, 2013
I was very concerned about sending my son to such a large high school but Millikan has been amazing. Millikan and all of LB high schools deal with the huge student body with small learning communities which allow a student to be part of a smaller group. Students take classes within these groups and teachers are assigned to teach within these groups. My son is in QUEST - the high achieving/GATE program and he has just blossomed. I feel that his teachers know him and that his councilor knows him. This is true even with a student body of over 4000. I also must commend the SPED department. He is both gifted and disabled and they have been extremely supportive. I highly reccomend Millikan for any child who needs a strong academic program as well as a child who needs support. Great job Millikan. Can't wait to send son number 2 in a few years.

Millikan High School 3

Posted October 22, 2012
The school is great BUT WAIT... Charging my child $2 everyday or every time they forget their student ID? NO NO NO NO This is a public school and my child does not have to pay even a dime for any school materials a law that was established back in 1879. BUT WAIT if my child forgets their book in one of their classes it is known that my child has to pay the teacher who is paid a salary $0.25 to rent a book in order to join that class, Well I am here to stop all these charges by a free public school in a free public school system. A child in a California Public School charged any such fees violates the California Constitution, which has provided for "free school" since 1879. Any school requiring students and families to pay for instructional materials is in violation of the free school guarantee! CHANGE YOUR POLICY TODAY OR THE ACLU WILL BE SEEING YOU IN LITIGATION.

Posted October 22, 2012
Strong academic programs, particularly QUEST. Great administrative leadership and excellent faculty. Safe and secure school with high expectations of its students.

Posted August 12, 2012
The Compass program is great! Very creative teachers encourage my ninth and tenth grade students to be thoughtful and innovative in finding ways to serve the community.

Posted July 17, 2011
Teachers and staff are very helpfull. My PE Teacher Mr. Petkovic is the best. You never rest in his class. Just work, work, work, but results are there. Thanx for all the help!

Posted September 17, 2009
We joined Millikan last year and the staff had been very welcoming and kind. After a great tragedy in my family this year, every one there treated my sons with the honor they deserved at that time. The staff has been working with my teens to get them headed in the right education path..which is college! Thanks everyone for all you have done and all you will do.

Millikan High School 4

Posted August 28, 2008
I holenstly think as a student that is attending Millikan as we speak, well its summer so you know what I mean, that everyone that has written a negative comment doesnt know what they are talking about. They dont come here everyday and go to class with us. As far as the teachers not caring that is a load of crap, I was failing english and my teacher Mr. Benson, took time out of his scchedule before and after school to help me. I will agree that the principal is a total duch but just because of one persons stupidity y ou cant judge a hole school, as fat as the halls being too crowded what do you want it is high school, you arent going to find a high school with 5 kids in the hall ways. I kdont know how some parents expect the staff to make friends for

Millikan High School
2800 Snowden Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Millikan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millikan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top