Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 1,019
Before care: Yes

Posted May 28, 2014
Very nice and caring teachers. Teacher was concerned regarding a comment my child made to her. She personally called me to make sure everything was okay. Great communication! Excellent school!

Posted April 26, 2010
Awesome students, parents and staff. It certainly is 'a great place to grow.'

Posted April 25, 2010
As a former teacher at Muir I know how devoted the teachers are to their students. Muir's motto is Muir - a great place to grow.

Posted March 05, 2010
This school is fantastic. The teachers are caring and hard working. They are communicative and take into account each student's learning styles. I love this school and so do my four children who attend.

Posted January 26, 2010
All four of my children attended John Muir and they had a wonderful experience. The teachers and staff members are great

Posted May 27, 2009
I have three children attending John Muir and this is by far the best school they have attended. I too am very happy with Ms. Nguyen . She has tutored my daughter Natalie and Natalie is now doing really well in math. They have a great staff at John Muir . I would give Muir 5 stars!!!

Posted May 01, 2009
This year my daugther is attending Mrs Nguyen Special Class its amazing the great work she is doing with all these kids, to me she is a very organized teacher as well as prepared and ready to help them as much as she can , my little 7 year old girls has learn a lot I'm amaze she is working on math pages and doing great, when I think 2 years ago when she first start attending Muir you wont beleive how great is she doing thanks to teacher like Mrs Nguyen who are dedicated not only to their jobs but to those kids that really needs them, I'm really thankful for all those teachers that comment to work with Special Kids

Posted February 18, 2008
This school is one of the best kept secrets in the district. I visited several schools in the district and John Muir was my #1 pick. This school's programs has allowed my child to be challenged to his full potential without stress. The skills and academic achievement is the best, and in some cases cannot be compared to any other school program. I appreciate the remarkable changes in academic success that occur each year. I applaud the principals dedication to ensuring equality, quality teachers at each level, diversity in programs and striving to shape the total child in acheiving academic success.

Posted January 20, 2007
We're honored to say that our son attends Muir. The teachers we have dealt with are dedicated to these children. Our child has been push to his potentials,made in the excel program. His tests score improve greatly every year. The principal strives to boost the confidences of these children with his excitement about education and letting them know that they're excellent bright children of our future. Our son enjoys going to school because of the teachers. One of our son teachers said 'We are a family here. We never discourage each other, we encourage &help each other to do our best'.They have many extracurricular activities such as drama,dance,music and art.The teachers encourage the child to join, get involved. Our child now plays the violin & he is in choir. The parents involvement is average. Overall we're happy with the staff, education,the extra activities and social skills our child is receiving here.

Muir K-8
3038 Delta Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90810
Last modified Muir K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Muir K-8 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top