Posted January 01, 2013
My son turned 5 after California's Kindergarten cut-off date, but he was a perfect candidate for TK. I started researching schools as soon as our family moved to Long Beach and applied through the school of choice at Naples as soon as I could for the 2012-2013 school year. The staff was very helpful with ensuring I got all paperwork in on time and even remembered who I was when I would call and ask questions. I was so ecstatic that he was chosen. The TK teacher is absolutely wonderful and dedicated 110% to ensuring success for her students. I feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful school community.

Posted November 05, 2012
Naples is an excellent school with great, caring staff and teachers with different teaching styles. I don't agree with parents that call our teachers MILITANT...I know military being a vet myself. What we have are teachers that teach responsibility and discipline that will follow them for the rest of their lives. Our teachers love our children and show them love an respect. My daughter had both so-called MILITANT teachers and she absolutely loves them! Sadly one has retired and will be missed. My son has the priviledge of being with the other teacher this year and he loves her too! Don't coddle your children...let them flourish under the guidance of these wonderful teachers. By the way...this teacher is the only teacher in Naples that has a program that visits the senior center on a regular basis. The children love it and so do the seniors.

Posted October 28, 2012
This is a fantastic school with so many teachers, staff and parents highly committed to our childrens education experience. I would like to add to the comment on 2 teachers that are militant, etc. My child was in this classroom and she loves this teacher. There are many many kids that love this teacher. As I spent time in the classroom there were always,, repeat always, visits from former students saying Hi. There were also kids from high school coming back to say thanks for being so hard on me it's really helped me through school. I think it's a good blend, to prepare our children for the real world, life can be tough so the tough get going.

Naples Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2012
The school is really cute. With two classes per grade it is small and cozy. I have never felt unwelcome or put off by the high socio-economic background of most families. The class size is low in comparison to a lot of Long Beach schools. My one major complaint is that they keep on staff 2 teachers that parents have tried to kick out of the school. They are teachers that academically capable, treat the children militantly. I've seen the children cower in fear and be treated harshly by one such teacher. This teacher does not even allow parents in the classroom. Which is a clear sign something is terribly wrong. Yet the school keeps them on staff. 1 fortunately is retiring this year. If it weren't for this the school would rate 5 stars. Keeping a teacher that terrorizes and intimidates children is horrendous. Tenure should be eliminated. It's a bad situation when you have children crying over stress and harsh, overly critical teaching. I don't expect all teacher to be Mary Poppins. I've never seen children treated this unkind though. These teachers need to retire or find a new line of work. The school should be protecting the children, not the teachers.

Posted June 02, 2011
This is the best school ever!!!!!! We got the highest star testing scores last year!!!! This is the right school for your kids to go!!!

Posted December 28, 2010
BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!! CANT GET A BETTER ONE! I LOVE IT!!! i have sooooo much fun here being a student. iam sooooo inpressed by how thne teachers make a lesson more fun, and easier to understand. (yet we get in trouble if our phones go off!)

Posted February 04, 2010
I absolutely love this school. My daughter just turned 5 in October, she is the youngest in her Kindergarten class. I have seen such an awesome progression in only 5 months. Mrs. Allen and Mrs. K are phenomenal with the kids. Mrs. Prince shows love to them all. This is an awesome school. I was sold when my daughter started learning how to speak in front of the class and answe in complete sentences.

Naples Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Naples is an all around great school. The teaching is exceptional and the principal couldn't be better.

Naples Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Naples because the teachers love our kids!

Posted May 27, 2009
Very good school for Leadership and Teachers. Great local school

Naples Elementary School
5537 The Toledo, Long Beach, CA  90803
Last modified Naples Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naples Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top