Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Though there are a few bright shining stars at the school, many of the teachers do you not have high quality instruction in their classrooms.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Teachers assign at home projects. Don't they know that parents are the ones who usually complete those projects?

Develops character: Neutral

I know that the school does have character education programs, but I am not aware of any other programs.

Prisk used to be the school that everyone wanted their child to go to. In recent years, the rigor of academics has dropped dramatically. Though there still are a few standout teachers, the majority is not up to par with nearby schools.

We came to Prisk for the strong STEAM focus (2 science, 2 engineering, 2 computer labs, 2 art studios), but we love this school for much more than that. Prisk has so much more to offer than its amazing 21st century curriculum. Aside from excellent, caring teachers, Prisk also has a very warm and welcoming community. This school feels like home and new friends feel like family. My first grader looks forward to school everyday. My incoming kinder asks almost daily if it's time for him to become a pioneer. Prisk is the place to be if you are looking for a whole education for your child.

We love this school! We have an excellent PTA, upper and lower grade science and computer labs as well as a new engineering lab.

As a retired teacher and grandparent of two students at Prisk, I would not quite agree with the outstanding reviews posted. The first grade level needs to look more closely at the staff and perhaps a replacement is called for at least one of the classrooms. Kindergarten and second grade are outstanding, as has been 3rd - 5th for our older grandson. He will be sad to leave the individual academic attention he has received.

My son is in Kindergarten at Prisk and he is LOVING it there. Prisk's staff is top-notch, and our experience with Mrs. Rodriguez and Mrs. Stanton have left us very impressed. Principal Young cares about her students very much - one shining example that sticks out in my mind was when my son was being honored with an award and the school assembly was starting, and our son was having a hard time getting there, pretending he was sick. Mrs. Young came and personally comforted him and escorted him to the assembly, at which he was beaming when he got his award. Mrs. Young has always been there for our son, and I'm sure most parents at the school feel the same way. Mrs. Stanton has been exceptional this year, as was Mrs. Rodriguez last year....our son is sad to go home because he has such a good time in his class! There is also a great PTA program at this school. There are always opportunities for involved parents to help out,. I am very grateful that my son is getting his first exposure to primary education here, as I'm sure they are giving him a love for learning that will last for the next 12-16 years (and on)!

Extremely happy with Prisk elementary. Mrs. Young (principal) is involved and caring, not only with her staff but with students and parents! She is a hustler and a go getter - My son is now in 1st grade with Mrs. Koerner ... wonderful teacher! ... the 2 years we have been there have been nothing but pleasant. We are looking forward to the following years!

Excellent teachers, supportive administration, involved PTA and foundation. My family has felt welcome since the moment we walked on this campus. Prisk is updating their computer lab this year and continue to fund their science program. Prisk Rocks!

Last modified Prisk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.