Posted March 16, 2014
We love this school! We have an excellent PTA, upper and lower grade science and computer labs as well as a new engineering lab.

Prisk Elementary School 4

Posted January 27, 2013
As a retired teacher and grandparent of two students at Prisk, I would not quite agree with the outstanding reviews posted. The first grade level needs to look more closely at the staff and perhaps a replacement is called for at least one of the classrooms. Kindergarten and second grade are outstanding, as has been 3rd - 5th for our older grandson. He will be sad to leave the individual academic attention he has received.

Posted January 26, 2013
My son is in Kindergarten at Prisk and he is LOVING it there. Prisk's staff is top-notch, and our experience with Mrs. Rodriguez and Mrs. Stanton have left us very impressed. Principal Young cares about her students very much - one shining example that sticks out in my mind was when my son was being honored with an award and the school assembly was starting, and our son was having a hard time getting there, pretending he was sick. Mrs. Young came and personally comforted him and escorted him to the assembly, at which he was beaming when he got his award. Mrs. Young has always been there for our son, and I'm sure most parents at the school feel the same way. Mrs. Stanton has been exceptional this year, as was Mrs. Rodriguez last year....our son is sad to go home because he has such a good time in his class! There is also a great PTA program at this school. There are always opportunities for involved parents to help out,. I am very grateful that my son is getting his first exposure to primary education here, as I'm sure they are giving him a love for learning that will last for the next 12-16 years (and on)!

Posted December 26, 2012
Extremely happy with Prisk elementary. Mrs. Young (principal) is involved and caring, not only with her staff but with students and parents! She is a hustler and a go getter - My son is now in 1st grade with Mrs. Koerner ... wonderful teacher! ... the 2 years we have been there have been nothing but pleasant. We are looking forward to the following years!

Posted December 04, 2012
Excellent teachers, supportive administration, involved PTA and foundation. My family has felt welcome since the moment we walked on this campus. Prisk is updating their computer lab this year and continue to fund their science program. Prisk Rocks!

Posted March 11, 2011
Quite simply the best elementary school in all of Long Beach! Our daughter is in the 1st grade(Mrs. Patton's class) and we couldnt be happier! What an amazing teacher! Our principal(Mrs. Young) is fantastic!! Our PTA is 2nd to none! Please keep up the great work...

Posted April 27, 2010
Wonderful & caring teachers, awesome principal, very involved PTA!

Posted October 25, 2009
We just attended the annual Pumpkin Walk-the schools fall carnival. It was an awesome display of the team work of our fabulous PTA. My kids and I had so much fun.

Posted October 16, 2009
My son just started kindergarten this year and I have been very happy with this school so far! He loves the science lab, and his teacher (Mrs. A.J.) has been very helpful and he really likes her. They do have homework nightly for kindergarten which I'm not a big fan of... and they have the extended day which I also don't like... but as far as academics go, this is a great school. I love the smaller classroom sizes, and the principal is very hands on.

Prisk Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
We have a fantastic new principal, Mrs. Young- she was the principal that turned Emerson Elementary into a charter school. She is absolutely fabulous- runs the school extremely efficiently and REALLY thinks outside the box. Our science teacher did retire, but thanks to the school's Foundation and Mrs. Young, we have hired a part-time science teacher, and will still have laboratory classes. Mrs. Young has also worked tirelessly to keep our enrollment up- she is awesome!

Prisk Elementary School
2375 Fanwood Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Prisk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prisk Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top