Long Beach, CA

Posted March 06, 2015
Maple Village Waldorf provides an amazing learning experience tailored to the unique talents, abilities, and needs of its students. The curriculum exposes kids not only to the arts and humanities but also math and sciences in ways that are fun, creative, and most importantly, appropriate to the child's stage of development. The teaching faculty are PASSIONATE about teaching and provide a nurturing and supportive classroom environment conducive to learning. We absolutely love this school for our daughter!

Maple Village Waldorf School 4

Posted February 16, 2015
My son is thriving there. He is really engaged and loves a lot of what he is learning. The way things are taught, through stories, movement and beautiful artwork, is really special and seems to fit very well with our son as he grows. If your family loves nature, music, or art and eschews media (the school urges families to strictly limit screen time) , then this school may be just right for you. It's a small community and parents are expected to engage, by attending parent workshops and helping in and out of the classroom. Our annual Harvest Faire is an event that we all work to put on and the kids love it. A child has the same teacher for grades 1 through 8, so the teacher really gets to know each child individually and can continually work on helping the children work together and care for each other. Classroom management is not strict and, in my opinion, that is sometimes a detriment. However, I am overall extremely thankful for all the school has meant for our family: a boy who loves school, caring teachers and staff who share the wisdom they have gained in raising their own children, a community of families, some of whom have become good friends.

Posted January 30, 2015
Our family could not be more happy with our son's transition from a play based preschool learning environment to Maple Village Waldorf School's Kindergarten. At the end of his first week, our son jumped in the car and shouted, "I LOVE my kindergarten! Thank you so much for letting me go here." It's so beautiful to see our child progress and learn so much while being so comfortable and enthusiastic.

Posted April 27, 2013
I am currently in the parent and toddler class and this school is seriously amazing. From the environment / atmosphere it is natural and peaceful. The teachers, Miss Lisa and Miss Anne, and others that my son and I have met are truly thoughtful and happy. The staff Miss Alice and Miss Christine , go out of their way to meet the students as well as the parents. The parents that are currently in class with us feel become family. So much to say, it's truly a blessing that we found this gem. Such a great school and wanted to share this reviee to any parent that is looking for an exceptional learning experience for their children, you won't be disappointed.

Maple Village Waldorf School
4017 East 6th Street, Long Beach, CA  90814
Last modified Maple Village Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades K-4
Maple Village Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top