Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 1,316

Stanford Middle School 1

Posted June 16, 2015
This was once a great school. My older son had a great experience and I was hopeful that my younger son would too. Unfortunately, the administration changed and the new principal is not parent friendly. We were stuck dealing with a poor special education teacher who clashed with my son. When I asked to change to a new teacher for the following academic year the principal said no, and suggested I move my son to a different school rather than investigate the problem. I am very disappointed in Stanford. I have removed my son and will be homeschooling to undo some of the damage done last year.

Stanford Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I am so excited for my son to start Stafford. He already has friends that go there. I hear that it has a high academic score. And that is good enough for me. I just want him to get the best education ever. =)

Stanford Middle School 1

Posted January 29, 2012
Complete disappointment at this school. Principal does not take any step to respond to parents. For most of the teachers this is only job and do not care about kid s education. I regret sending my child to this school. Serious lack of care from the school s staff and bulling across the school. The main department is the chorus which school is famous for. School had not been able to close the loop between different ethnic and kids from different income background. Most of the teachers do not provide individual time for any students
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 13, 2011
thhis is one of the best schools EVER! very clean, racially diverse, and great teachers

Posted March 11, 2011
I think this is one of Long Beachs' best kept middle school secrets! A fantastic school! In my opinion one of the best(if not "the" best) middle school in all of Long Beach! Keep up the great work!

Stanford Middle School 3

Posted January 04, 2011
the school is great the Choral program is awesome and so is the AVID program.But the campus is divided and clique are every where. It is not racially diverse at all.

Posted November 14, 2009
I am currently an eighth grader at Stanford, and I believe no other school in the district pushes you harder to achieve your goals. I have been in the GATE program since sixth grade and in every single one of my classes there have been teachers that actually care about their jobs. The campus is always tidy, the music and sports programs rank among the best. I have played in Advanced Band for two years now, and that has been an incredible experience. If you are a parent that wants your child to go to a school where all teachers believe students have extraordinary potential, or you are a student yourself who wants to work diligently and succeed, this is the school for you. :)

Posted June 11, 2009
Im a sixth grader and i think Stanford is a very good school. There Gate program is great, it pushes you to your fullest. The campus is very clean and nice. The teachers are very helpful, and incourage you to do your best, and dont stop until you have it all accomplished

Posted June 02, 2009
I love the school, the teachers are great! It's always really clean. The music department is wonderful ,I give it a 10 out of 10

Posted March 19, 2009
I'm a graduating eighth grader at Stanford and this is the BEST middle school in the district! Our teachers are helpful, supportive, and they prepare us for all of the questions that might be on the state test. We have the highest test scores and our sports teams make it to the finals every year. Our choral and instrumental programs are among the top in the Unites States! I love Stanford and will miss it dearly!

5871 East Los Arcos Street, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified Stanford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stanford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top