Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Principal does not care about the students at all. The entire staff is rude. They treat the overflow kids like trash. Overflow kids if you don't know what those are...these are the poor kids that enrolled in their neighborhood school. They were there from day one. Their home school and are being shoved to the side like garbage to allow the kids with a school of choice voucher in. Kids from other schools can get a school of choice voucher to go anywhere they want after previously attending a school in the lbusd, even if it means filling up the school and having the neighborhood kids suffer. One of my daughters got into stanford....not the other one. She is on overflow. They refused to give her books. Pe clothes or anything. They had her sitting in the library with the other overflow kids. She did not have the same curriculum as the other kids that had been placed into classrooms. And My daughter that got in it wasn't until over a week. So while she is sitting in the library her classes are going and shes missing assignments. These assignments can not be made up. So she is starting some classes with an F! Poor kid cant even come into a new year with a clean slate. School is unorganized so my kids get punished and thrown to the curb. I am absolutely disgusted in this school and the Long Beach Unified School District. The lbusd told me today that they will throw my daughter anywhere, into any random school that has room. I'm sorry but that is not acceptable. These policies need to be fixed. There should always be room in the home school with no overflow.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are from diverse backgrounds, and Stanford embraces this, unlike some other schools that try and don't suceed.

Many are hung up between Marshall and Stanford. Marshall is shiny, the arts programs are a huge draw, and the administration talks a good talk. Stanford has had lackluster administration, but once you look past that, you realize that the teachers and programs are superior. I attended Stanford from '09 to '12, and my sister is in 7th grade at Marshall. I had a grievance with 1 teacher out of 20. My sister has had problems with all but one teacher in 2 years. Stanford has amazing music, science, special education and accelerated programs. Marshall tries. Stanford has an excellent track record back 30+ years. Marshall has gained steam the past 5. For me, a school is remarkable when teachers' children attend. I had at least 5 in my years. I personally know a Marshall teacher with daughters at Stanford. Do your research, but I wholeheartedly recommend Stanford over Marshall, any K-8, private school and especially Los Alamitos. Stanford is a taste of the real world. The other 3 shelter until the dam breaks, and by then it's too late. Drugs and truancy become a problem. Learn from other peoples' mistakes. Stanford is great!

Great teachers, support staff and administrators. I am extremely excited for this new year. The challenges, the teamwork and the positive atmosphere makes for a win win year once again!!!

This was once a great school. My older son had a great experience and I was hopeful that my younger son would too. Unfortunately, the administration changed and the new principal is not parent friendly. We were stuck dealing with a poor special education teacher who clashed with my son. When I asked to change to a new teacher for the following academic year the principal said no, and suggested I move my son to a different school rather than investigate the problem. I am very disappointed in Stanford. I have removed my son and will be homeschooling to undo some of the damage done last year.

I am so excited for my son to start Stafford. He already has friends that go there. I hear that it has a high academic score. And that is good enough for me. I just want him to get the best education ever. =)

Complete disappointment at this school. Principal does not take any step to respond to parents. For most of the teachers this is only job and do not care about kid s education. I regret sending my child to this school. Serious lack of care from the school s staff and bulling across the school. The main department is the chorus which school is famous for. School had not been able to close the loop between different ethnic and kids from different income background. Most of the teachers do not provide individual time for any students

thhis is one of the best schools EVER! very clean, racially diverse, and great teachers

I think this is one of Long Beachs' best kept middle school secrets! A fantastic school! In my opinion one of the best(if not "the" best) middle school in all of Long Beach! Keep up the great work!

the school is great the Choral program is awesome and so is the AVID program.But the campus is divided and clique are every where. It is not racially diverse at all.

Last modified Stanford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.