Long Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted March 17, 2013
I can't say enough good things about Twain! My daughter started kindergarten here last year and it has been a wonderful experience for her and our entire family. The principal, PTA and staff are very involved and as a result have created a great learning environment!

Posted September 11, 2011
As a parent of twins with Autism finding the right school to meet their needs has and will always be my priority. The last 4 years at Twain has been outstanding. The teachers, principal, counselor, etc have always been supportive of my children and their special needs. I could always talk to them about needs and issues that were developing and we worked together to ensure my children had what they needed to be successful. The schoool always includes kids with special needs in any and all activities that the regular ed kids were doing. This made my children and I feel like part of the Twain family. I wish my kids could stay at this school until 12th grade with same wonderful staff that has helped them developed in so many areas during the past 4 years.

Posted June 03, 2010
Wonderful neighborhood school! Only downside ~ it only goes up to 5th grade. Great PTA - well organized! Tons of Parent Volunteers on a daily basis. The Principal and the Teachers really care about their students. Life is a bit easier since students have to wear uniform. ; )

Posted May 06, 2010
I moved to this area because of the school. I love this school, and my 3 kids love it just as much.

Posted May 05, 2010
My Grandchildren are going (and have gone) to Mark Twain. It is a terrific school, inclusive activities, great teachers and a wonderful principal loved by all the students.

Posted May 04, 2010
Twain has great teachers and has a sense of a family commitment

Posted May 04, 2010
Great school with educators that are really interested in helping the students learn and grow!

Posted May 03, 2010
The staff is wonderful to work with especially if you have a child attending Special Education classes. They include students with special needs in all their acitivities.

Posted May 01, 2010
Very nice school. Love Ms. Ryan. She brings a new kind of spark to the school. She is very kind, warm and friendly.

Posted May 01, 2010
Our three kids have had fantastic teachers every year at Twain. Parents are very involved, and the school is just all around excellent.

Twain Elementary School
5021 East Centralia Street, Long Beach, CA  90808
Last modified Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twain Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top