Long Beach, CA
Students enrolled: 1,055

Washington Middle School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
My son attends Washington and, while it may not be perfect, I am very pleased with the teachers and the education he is receiving. I'm really bothered by many of the other reviews. Washington is a neighborhood school and the kids are the kids here, in the neighborhood that we live in. It seems like people don't have a lot of respect for their own neighborhood. My son has learned a lot and enjoyed learning with Ms. Gastleum, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Simonton, Ms. Martinez, Ms. Silva, and Ms. Estrada.

Washington Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
I was a substitute at this school for a day. The kids were disrespectful, defiant and refused to participate in class. One of the students said, "What's the point? We don't have to do anything and we will still pass." They were cursing at me, using their Ipads to look up inappropriate materials, and one student even threatened me. What's worse is that there is no real consequences for their misbehavior.

Washington Middle School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
I remember attending here from 6th though 8th grade, and it was a living nightmare. There are a lot of wannabee tough guys at this school, and they tend to influence their peers. Children get bullied, and the staff doesn't do a dang thing. The kids at this school have no respect for their teacher, and the learning environment isn't very pleasant. My mother was going to enroll my little brother to this school, but I told her to look else where. I saw a pregnant 7th grader when I went to visit one of my old teachers. Who in the right mind gets pregnant at such an early age? There are some good teachers at this school, but it makes me sad that they decided to work at this dump. Either home school your children, or send them to a better school.

Washington Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Washington M.S. has been making great gains within the last 4 years. Our school's API has increased 88 points and it is due to the dedication and collaboration between the administration, staff, but most importantly, the students. We will keep moving up and keep striving for proficiency from all students!

Washington Middle School 4

Posted August 27, 2009

Posted April 22, 2008

Washington Middle School 3

Posted April 01, 2008
I am concerned that my child does not receive enough home work. I feel this school should increase the demand for academic achievement.

Posted February 06, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
This school was very good to me. I have gratuated from this school and i am doing well in all my ap classes in high schol

Posted October 31, 2007
Washington has a new staff with great drive and direction. The leadership team places the student first.

Washington Middle School
1450 Cedar Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90813
Last modified Washington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top