Long Beach, CA

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
This obviously isn't one of the best school around and there's a lot to be done, however, at the very least the teachers and principal were supportive and always found a way to assist with a situation involving a student until recently that is. The new principal isn't as involved as the last and doesn't take the time to address things as they come up, she would rather deflect and put it on someone else to do so. I'm very disappointed with this because I was so happy to have a new face that seemed to be there for the well being of the students. Willard needs someone who isn't only doing administrative work, but is also present when the students, teachers, and parents need them. This school could be so much more than it is. It's such a shame when the power of influence gets into the hands of those who are seemingly there for their own purposes, rather than to serve the community and those who are actually involved with their children. I'm very disappointed and would not recommend this school to anyone.

Willard Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2014
This is my daughters first year here. It's a new principal. She's great. Today I met with the principal and PTA and other parents. So far so good. I will post again once we've settled in more.

Willard Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2012
I would never recommend this school to parent. For the last two years, I have not been impressed with the teachers whatsoever. Frankly, I am disappointed that my child has had to endure the teachers that have taught her and we look forward and are counting down the days until our child attends a new school far, far away from this one next school year.

Willard Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2011
My son goes there and I can not say enough about being very unhappy with this School. Below average on test schools on multible subjects in every grade. NO PARENT involvement very very low!!! PTA not doing a good job at all of involving parents that actually sign up for PTA! Not a very friendly atmosphere for myself. Some teachers are not very involved either....I could go on and on on how dissapointed I am. I would love to transfer my son out but Im having trouble going about! Hopefully I will get him out of there soon.

Posted December 03, 2009

Willard Elementary School 0

Posted November 19, 2009
My daughter goes here! This school has really low scores. It is in the improvement program. Hopefully it improves otherwise I will transfer my daughter.

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted January 19, 2006
What satisfies me most about Willard Elementary School, is that this school offers a Dual Immersion program. In my opinion, every child should be given an opportunity to learn a new language at a time when they are most likely to be able to easily learn a new language. To best do this, you must begin when you are young. Willard starts in Kindergarten and continues through the 5th grade. There is even a local junior high scholl that picks up where willard leave off. It is definetly worth it!

Willard Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2005
the Quality of academic programs is good but not good in off, they have some music programs, non sports, and the involvement of parents is very low

Posted December 16, 2004
This school is great in helping with Speech problems and other problems that might occur during the growing process in children, the teachers are helpful and are willing to go the extra mile in making sure that the child is reaching there full potential ither by tutoring or finding rescources that are available in furthering a childs academics. The school is filled with diverse cultures and financial status. But all are treated the same regardless of where or of what nationality the child is.

Willard Elementary School
1055 Freeman Avenue, Long Beach, CA  90804
Last modified Willard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Willard Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top