Captain Raymond Collins School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
When my child arrived at this school it was really bad. The first time I met the principal she was very rude. I work all the time and could not get involved but my wife did. She is in the PTA, they do sales to raise money for field trips, they help teachers put their decodables together so they can spend more time teaching. The are also getting more parents involved, Even the principal is changing her attitude now. End result, this school is not perfect, but its way better than it was a year ago. My son is an honor roll student, straight A's and he is doing great on his state tests. To all people complaining about how bad this school is, I have a question ann advise for you. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE THIS SCHOOL BETTER? AND THE ADVISE, GET INVOLVED IN YOUR SCHOOL, COMMUNITY, AND YOUR CHILD'S EDUCATION, IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS ARE SUCCESSFUL NO MATTER WHAT ScHOOL THEY GO TO. This school is a work in progress but I am very happy with how its progressing.

Posted August 20, 2013
Collins is a very bad school there has been fights in the school during the year of 2012, and their staff does not pay attention to the kids they would always have conversations and not pay attention. They would also have people who bully and do a nothing about it at all. Parents who wants to enroll their stay away from the school.

Posted February 03, 2013
This school is hands down the absolutely worst school I have ever had to deal with. My son was recently diagnosed with adhd, and is having severe behavioral issues. The school keeps saying they are there to help and want to do everything they can to ensure my childs success. However the only thing the same to do really well is send kids home from school when behavioral problems start to occur. I have been told several times of things they have in place for my child in the event of a meltdown and none of those things have been done, except a threat to call in the "PET" team. I will definently not advise anyone to enroll their children there, and I have definently learned a valuable lessen about making sure I read reviews on schools before I send my kids there. Run while you can and if you are new to the area take time out to search other schools in the area. Stay off Coke street

Posted November 09, 2012
This is by far the worst school my children have ever attended! I have been seeing changes in their attitudes and wasn't sure exactly why, after today I see that they are simply "fitting in" with the many unruly and disrespectful children at this school. I took my children to breakfast for the first time ever and stood with them because I had to pay. As I stood there I seen many kids running, cutting line, screaming, cussing, and hitting eachother! As I looked around to see if anyone of the many staff would actually do their job I realized that their conversation with eachother was more important. I then began to lecture a few random children but that is not my place! I am considering homeschooling my 3 children because I can't believe the lack of concern and discipline that this school has! I am livid!

Posted May 09, 2012
This school is by far the worst school I have ever had to deal with. I have 3 children at the school and I regret ever sending my children to this school. The staff is very rude and unprofessional. They lack structure and discipline at this school. The school district really need to look into this school and find out what the problem is! Some of the teachers show no care or compassion in the students education. This school has some real issues!

Captain Raymond Collins School 5

Posted June 06, 2009
Collins is a very good school. I actually graduated from here recently so I should know what I am talking about. This school has improved a lot in the last years. It's sad to hear all these negative things being said about this school since I know that none of it is true. I was in Collins from Kindergarten till my eighth grade year and they were the best school years i ever had. This is a great school with some of the best teachers! The teachers are there to teach the kids, not to babysit them and that's exactly what they do. If your child is not there to learn there is nothing they can do about it, and their not going to force them to do something they don't want to. I would recommend this school to anyone if they want their child to do good in school. It really is a great school.

Captain Raymond Collins School 5

Posted April 16, 2009
this school prevides disipline and education to there students

Captain Raymond Collins School 0

Posted March 26, 2009
my daughter who usto attened this school in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade us to bring home pourly graded before entering this school as soon as she entered collins i saw so many changes in her report cards and great progress in her.. i am thank ful that this teachers gave my daughter the education needed to some day become successful in life . And now my daughter is 13 yrs old currently in the 7th grade at a different school district. she is smarter then half the kids in her honors class, so thats just too prove how these teachers played a role in her and helped her up from getting F's to A's . and to this day Diana herself my daughter brings thos eteachers up every once in a while and says '' Mom i wish i could go back and thank every teacher.''

Captain Raymond Collins School 2

Posted February 11, 2009

Captain Raymond Collins School 3

Posted January 17, 2008
This school has changed so much within the past 4 years, it is something to be proud of. I am a student and I recently graduated from Collins not too long ago. It is truly sad to read the negative comments about Collins by parents PROS: -well mixed -teachers are focused on the student (how can they focus 15 minutes on helping one student when there are almost 39 other kids in the class?) Don't blame the teachers blame the district. -New after school opportunities -Students and teachers are very close-knit CONS; -too many students in a class room -small choice of food -activities during lunch and recess are not enough to fulfill kid's needs.

Captain Raymond Collins School
6125 Coke Street, Long Beach, CA  90805
Last modified Captain Raymond Collins School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Captain Raymond Collins School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.