K-8|Private

Bad
Good

HIS is amazing! The teachers and administration are great, they treat the parents and children like family. The curriculum is spot on, preparing the children to be the leaders of tomorrow. Yes, it is rigorous and parents have to work with their children outside of the school. However, the teachers go thru great lengths to educate the children. The teachers are strict, but incredibly caring. They know their students weaknesses and strengths and really work with them to help them succeed. The principal is strict, she doesn't mess around. However, she is kind and understanding. The sense of family is very strong, everybody knows everybody's name. The parents are encouraged to participate in the functions that take place in the school. Overall, my son's experience has been great. He loves his school. I am comfortable dropping him off every morning, because I know I am leaving him in a school that offers a safe and nurturing environment. I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for a good school that enforces a strong curricula while installing morals and values to the students.

LOVE it! So friendly, caring and helpful! I feel like my child is very safe here. Class sizes are a bit on the large size, but orderly. Teachers are direct and do not allow for the distractions and such that take place in other schools my daughter attended. They do a great job and they really care about each student.

Absolutely Wonderful People so willing to help with any situation..

My son is finishing 5th grade and has been there since kinder we are very happy with the support of the staff and the other parents.

As a parent of student that attended HIS from K-8 graduating on to Poly High School as a member of the PACE Program, I am very satisfied with the academic and religious education my son received at this school. Initially I was concerned with uniform policy that included wearing a tie, eventually I learned to appreciate it. From kinder to 4th grade, my son's classes were large, but the classes never felt crowded. I spent many of my parent hours volunteering in the office or classroom and had the opportunity to observe strong bonds and relationships built between the administration, faculty, staff, parish with the students. Many of the relationships forged between my son and his classmates remain in place today. His 8th grade class had a total of 23 students, 17 of the students had been together since kinder. I found that to be quite special. HIS is a special.

I graduated a while back from HIS. 2 of my 4 kids graduated from HIS & I have another currently enrolled & 'maybe' one in Sept. I have to agree with a prior post re: the prior principal- she knew the kids & families & was very personable. There have been quite a few changes since the parish got a new pastor which I think have been partly the cause for the problems in the school. Although most of the teaching staff remain the same, there are some difficulties communicating with the office staff. I've called a few times to ask for info & most times the sec'y does not know the answer nor will she volunteer to find out or pass a message along to someone that can assist me. I've heard of problems from other parents & I'd pull my kid out too if I couldn't get resolution.

I have two kids. One currently in 4th, and one who graduated at Holy Innocents. I was very happy in 2005-06 because the prinipal was great. They recently have changed the prinipals and it has been a total disaster. Pleaseplease dont believe that this school is 5 stars in prinipal leaderchip. Teacher quality is 5 stars. Parent Involvement is awful. There is no parent involvment ! Safety and discipline is 4stars. If you want to go to a good Cathloic School, send your child to St. Lucy , St. Joseph , St. Cypian , St. Anthony. Anything But Holy Innocents ...

My children are very happy at holy innocents and I love the fact that it is a small school were everyone knows everyone. It's like a home away from home!

Last modified Holy Innocents Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8