Long Beach, CA

Posted February 13, 2013
My son loves this school. This is his 4th year there and he is doing well. He is learning a lot, playing on the sports teams and really enjoying his school experience. The teachers are very loving and I feel that my child is safe there.

St. Anthony Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2012
Teachers genuinely care for student's education, safety, religious studies and parent input. This school has more to offer than test taking skills. There is real rigor and there is exposure to ALL subjects, that are readily ignored in public school. My children truly enjoy their teachers and the shool climate.

Posted October 06, 2010
I have two daughters enrolled here. One in 8th and the other in 4th grade. Both have been there since pre-k. The education and the emotional support that they have gotten from staff and friend at SAES is outstanding. My daughters both cheer and play sports. They have a strong faith base and know that they are very special. When a 13teen girl loves to go to school, then they're doing something right.

Posted August 10, 2010
We have had our child enrolled at St. Anthony's since PK and he is currently entered into 8th grade. We could not have asked for a better school, our child is one of the top students in his class. The teachers at St. Anthony are wonderful and care about their students. St. Anthony isn't just a school, it becomes your second family. How often do you feel a sense of community/family at a public school? We highly recommend St. Anthony Elementary. Give them a call.

Posted May 13, 2010
St. Anthony Elementary has good academics, a wonderful intimate atmosphere and the children seem to respect each other.

Posted September 13, 2008
As a parent of two, Im expecting catholic schools is a better school and can provide a better education. Im very dissapointed that St. Anthony elementary school cannot provide the good quality of care to my child. Teacher needs more training in parent involvement. I also agreed to one of the comments here that it that SAES has no differences to public school. Teacher act likes they were teaching in public schools. SAES lack of equipment during break time. Lack of teacher aides. Lack of curriculum and Does not have structure teaching techniques And one dissapointment i encountered when it comes to judgemental statement to the student and parent. School needs more improvement for teacher quality, extracurricular activities and discipline procedures as well as leadership.

Posted August 29, 2008
St. Anthony Elementary School is a great school. I have two children in the school both who started in Pre-K. My children have learned so much at this school, not only in academics, but also in religion, morals, faith, family and friendship. I recommend St. Anthony Elementary School to everyone I meet. Give them a call, you won t be disappointed.

St. Anthony Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2007
My oldest son went to SAES from Kindergarten through eighth grade and is currently a senior at Saint Anthony High School. I also have a son in seventh grade and a daughter in kindergarten at SAES. I have seen the changes over the years and both schools have improved tremendously. The current ratio of students to teacher is around 20 to 1.The teachers are very helpful and you can see that they genuinely care about their students. One of the biggest changes has been the Parent Teacher Organization. It has gotten stronger as parent participation has increased. I know that I made the right decision to keep my kids at SAES and SAHS and I plan on keeping them here until they they graduate and go on to college.

Posted August 15, 2007
I have just signed my daughter up for middle school at SAES. I was very pleased to see the new additions to the school and I also had the opportunity to meet one of the new teachers. She was so friendly and my daughter is very excited to return to school now. I think that the new principal has made amazing progress in turning this school around in the past two years. The school bulliten advertises new classes to challenge middle school students, and I am excited to see new teachers who will have high learning expectations. I bet that the parents who gave mediocre reviews will change their tunes soon... I also know that a few children who left the school have returned this year. New Parents: The parking lot is a very secure area, gated on all sides, and monitored by adults always, not a main thuroughfare. Join the

St. Anthony Elementary School 3

Posted June 05, 2007
This is my first year at SAES and I must say, I'm disappointed. I expected so much more since it was a private school. SAES is not advanced more than public school. The children play in the school parking lot without playground equipment. My child walks around during recess and lunch time. The parents are very involved with the school, the school just needs to improve. SAES needs to make improvements inside and outside.

St. Anthony Elementary School
855 East 5th Street, Long Beach, CA  90802
Last modified St. Anthony Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Anthony Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top