K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated and is immediately address.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Teachers are always monitoring the students through formal and informal assessments. My son is not a struggling student, but based on the communication I see happening with teacher, I can say that she would effectively support my son with 1:1 or in small group intervention if he needed.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mrs. Hayes runs a tight ship. Students know and apply school rules.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son's teacher has MA, taught in an inner city school, knows grade level standards and what students need to be successful for the following school year/grade level.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is based on what standards are being covered for the week/unit. My son has no problem finishing up his HW independently and when needed I assist. Also, the teacher has many ways of communicating HW via school email, newsletter and class dojo. In addition students get many opportunities to be engaged in technology. Its enough HW for a child at grade level and home support.

Love the community and the hard working teachers. My son loves it there, feels safe and is learning a lot. As an educator I have very high expectations and wanted, like every parent, to have a great foundation. St. Cornelius has met every aspect of my expectations starting from their Instructional curriculum, parent engagement and involvement, school safety, and spiritual growth. We are very pleased with how the school is run by Principal and staff.

St. Cornelius is not just a school, it is a family. It is the village that raised me and now provides a wonderful learning environment for my son. The school's framework is the hardworking, passionate staff that are concerned with a "whole child" education. Students graduate with skills in academics that lead them into some of the most sought after, higher education programs in the area. As an even greater testament, many continue on to the top colleges and institutions in the country. The pillars of Character are an important reoccurring theme that instilled a strong moral and ethical sense in the students. Children know they are in an encouraging, safe, and loving place. I've seen my once shy son blossom socially and developmentally. I know by experience that many of his classmates will become lifelong friends. The community is made up of alumni, parishioners and caring parents. In a city like Long Beach these connections follow you throughout life and lead to opportunities, relationships and community involvement. We have loved every teacher we've had, and relish the gifts and talents that each of them have brought to share with the classes. I picked my son up from school today, and as he walked down the hallway I saw him stop to hug his First grade teacher with enthusiasm and love! He stopped. On a Friday. After the bell rang. That's all I have to say, we love St. Cornelius!

As a parent of children who have graduated from St. Cornelius and a current student, we are happy with the education, environment and community St. Cornelius provides. The faculty and staff are attentive and accessible. The education provided prepared our children to be successful in the most rigorous academic programs and classes in high school. The faculty and staff continually look for ways to improve and enhance the experience of the students. We are thankful for our years at St. Cornelius.

St. Cornelius School means the world to our family. It was there when we were struggling to find a safe and appropriate education for our children. Mrs. Hayes and her staff provided a safe place for our children and challenged them in their educational goals. Our children also learned respect for others, common courtesy, using good manners, and from the start, learned the importance of making good choices. We hold Mrs. Hayes and St. Cornelius in the highest regard and would absolutely recommend it to others.

All my children attended St Cornelius school and all have gone on to thrive in high school and now college. My youngest has been accepted to 3 colleges so far and we are awaiting answers from 2 others. It was more than the strong academic background that they received at St C that has helped them succeed. They also learned about appropriate social standards, good competitive skills, faith and that they are responsible for their actions. These are very important real world tools to have. I had one child that needed a little extra assist in math and it was provided when regular tutoring was provided after school several days a week. Math is very important to understand as it is a building block subject and one that is extremely important on college testing. I had a terrific experience st St Cornelius as it provided the kids a "small town" atmosphere of caring in huge LA county. There was also a great sense of community that extended to parents who experienced hardship during their time at the a school. I'm glad my children attended this school.

Last modified St. Cornelius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8