K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am a very happy parent of a child who attends St. Cornelius Catholic School! The environment is positive in every way. From the fresh-faced teachers who are passionate, competent, and caring to the awesome principal who keeps the school running flawlessly, the school has the staff to truly make this school great. A school is only as good as the people who run it. They are very kid friendly in that kids are number one. Kids are heard, kept safe from bullying, and taught what they need to know to be pure Christians and exemplerary students. There are positive and inspirational messages throughout the school that reinforce the teachings. I am glad I decided on this school and thankful that Mrs. Hayes is the principal!!

I went on several tours to choose the best catholic school for my daughter. After, narrowing it down to my top 5 I went ahead and chose St. Cornelius. The principal and teachers were very welcoming and very open to any questions I had about the school. My daughter was accepted into the TK program. I am looking forward to this upcoming year. I am confident I chose the right school for her. This school sends their students to not only Honor programs in local High Schools but to well known college prep High Schools. I can't wait for her to start the TK program this fall :)

I've been at this school for sometime now and I fall in love everyday !! My son always has something nice to say about his teacher so or his friends. All I can say is I love,love this school.

My three children have attended this school over the last six years and the experience has been fantastic. All three of the children are testing well above there grade level due in large part to the hands on instruction given by the highly dedicated teachers and administration. The school truly operates like a family. The teachers are very interactive and communicate proactively with parents. The principal is fantastic. Like most principals, she has to deliver difficult messages from time to time and always exercises strong judgement and balances the needs of the community and the students. I would give the highest recomendation to this school, teachers, administration and parish staff.

My son and my daughter attend St. Cornelius Elementary. I am amazed at how much information they are learning. All the teachers are truly dedicated to the children's academic future. The principal is a great lady, a fine leader and well respected among teachers and parents alike. If you want your kids to do well in life, send them to a public school; if you want your kids to be good students, send them to a private school. However, if you want your children to be outstanding citizens with exceptional knowledge and skills, send them to ST. CORNELIUS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL !!

My son attended public school for two years, and I am so glad we decided to change to St. Cornelius. Bad behavior has always been adressed by the teachers. My son felt very welcomed by the students and staff. My second child started last year and he is doing wonderful. Such a loving enviornment. We are happy on every level!

The teachers at this school are fantastic and the curriculum is challenging for those who want to work hard and learn. The social environment is terrible though, especially for a newcomer. There is bullying and a lot of bad behavior that is being ignored. I am looking elsewhere.

Save your money! When I first put my child in this school, I could not have been happier, but honestly this year has been awful. The teacher and principal have not done anything to help the situation. I cannot wait for this year to be over. Thankfully, we have already selected another school and my child will not be attending.

We are just back to school and I am thankful to have found and chosen St. Cornelius for my children several years ago. My two very shy, reserved children have developed into really terrific pre-teens and have many friends in their respective grades. It is more than just books at St. Cornelius. It's about the child's development and growth into being the best that they can be, with a strong foundation in Faith based education. If I had a magic wand I would add a band and drama club. But, given time, I am sure the improvement-driven principal will find a way.

All my children have or are attending St. C. I believe they've received an excellent education especially with the basics. About 7 years ago the math program wasn't as strong as it needed to be. There was a shift in math teachers and the currriculum was brought up one full year. Additionally, because of the activities the kids have in class and church they become very good public speakers. Something I am not. Yes I wish there was a large playground, but it is a small price to pay for children who are well prepared for high school and have peer interaction and problem solving skills. All of a child's education is not simply accademics and I think St. Cornelius educates the child in a more real-world sense which includes their spiritual and moral development. When my older kids have continued on to public high school, and college they have excelled.

Last modified St. Cornelius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8