K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 11, 2016
This school is very academic, one of the best private schools in Long Beach. Even better, the tuition is reasonable compared to other neighboring private schools. I went to a closeby Catholic School and I truly believe that the education and discipline it provides is well worth it. Having graduated valedictorian and having been a President's Scholar at Long Beach State, I can attest to this. I feel truly great knowing that my kids go to school here. The faculty is supportive, the curriculum is rigorous to prepare them for high school and beyond, and the kids include God in their lives by going to church weekly, saying daily prayers and taking religion classes.

St. Joseph Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2014
I would like to share about the horrible experience w the principal Mrs Alvarez. We have recently moved to Long because of my job and tried to enroll our son at the school (5th grade). He's A and B+ student and we'll manner boy, and it has been over 2 weeks where Mrs Alvarez has promised to call back and no return calss. They had no problem taking the application money quickly. We've chose another school and we're embraced w warm welcome. St Joseph is just not the school for us and this principal is just unprofessional.

Posted February 12, 2014
I am writing this hoping it will help those who are at a point of making the very important decision for their kids, seeking an excellent education hand in hand with a Catholic or Christian faith, a safe environment with people who really want to help your kids. I wish there were more reviews from parents to make it a bit easier choosing this school over the others in the area, however, I can testify to the fact that it should be at the top of your list if you are seeking a rigorous academics, strong community (amazing people there) feeling and an always welcoming environment. We have 2 kids at this school, and it has been a blessing that we have chosen it because it has made our kids over all better human beings first of all, and has given them the opportunity to excel and flourish. We have also found the staff approachable, including the Principal. It is not an easy task for parents, however. Parents need to and are expected to commit to meet the school's demand for academics excellence, fundraising events and other events. Parking is safe, and there is plenty of green space. Get in early, as hardly anyone leaves the school before completing 8th grade. -Submitted by a parent

Posted July 25, 2013
St. Joseph Catholic School is a school focused on academics. I am impressed with the rigorous curriculum. The teachers are knowledgeable and methodical. Any questions that I have asked have been satisfactorily answered. The principal and the office staff are very professional. My child is very happy there - as am I!

Posted January 25, 2012
Truly an excellent school with great academics, a strong supportive community, a safe environment, and a staff fully committed to the students as well as the school's Catholic Christian mission of educating the whole person. Highlights of my days are dropping my child off each morning and picking my child up each afternoon because I know that my child has had a wonderful experience during each school day.

St. Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2011
I have a child at St. Joseph's currently. The teacher is excellent with supplying fun and challenging academics. He is learning far beyond what he would be in a public school. One problem I have discovered though is the principle and teacher are unsupportive if a child has any behavioral issues. It seems they are determined to be outstanding in academics, but leave students behind when there is anything getting in the way of their reputation to be number one. This school is competitive, and rigid in dealing with students who may deviate from the norm in any way.

Posted January 11, 2011
I am new to this school and very happy with the school. The academics are very challenging and the parental involvement is overwhelming. The school is more of a community and provides numerous activities for the children and parents to interact in social settings as well as school functions.

St. Joseph Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2009
St. Joseph is a great school if your child is an above average student. If they struggle at all, it is probably not the right environment. Many of the teachers are excellent; many of the families are very committed to the parish community. It is a very safe environment. Inherently competitive, but that's not always a bad thing.

Posted November 22, 2008
This school has an excellent academic program and wonderful parental involvement. It is as much a community as it is a school.

Posted May 01, 2007
I have a second grader and a kindergartener. The academics are exemplary. Both of my children are reading far above their levels. The math they are being taught is relevant and fun! The music, art and sports programs are great. The parental involvement makes the school community what it is - Fantastic! Our principal, teachers and staff are dedicated and caring people.

St. Joseph Elementary School
6200 East Willow Street, Long Beach, CA  90815
Last modified St. Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8