PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted August 19, 2013
St. Maria Goretti School has a faith and friendly environment. The community is united to serve so that their children may soar in faith and academics.

Posted November 26, 2012
We are really happy at SMG! My son is loving it here and looks forward to going to school. The athletic fields are fantastic with plenty of room for the kids to play,(with real grass)! He gets to play in all the sports and is having a great time. They work them hard in the classroom and give them plenty to do. Teachers are always willing to meet and discuss performance. Overall a great school and a good value!

Posted June 23, 2012
We love this school. We just finished our first year at SMG and we are beyond happy to be at this school. The teachers are excellent and enthusiastic. They incorporate technology in the class room, which is important in this super technological world we live in. My child's self esteem is at all time high from being around awesome Christian educators and classmates. The campus is enormous with a field/grass area, trees and a baseball field, which we love. The sports programs are great and all the kids participate. The SMG community of people are friendly, welcoming and always willing to volunteer for events and functions. The Principal is an amazing educational leader. The academic programs are challenging. Several of the eighth grade graduates made it into the University Scholars Program at SJB, thanks to the great educators at our school. If you are looking for a great school, this is it.

Posted February 15, 2012
A blessing in Long Beach! This school has great academic programs, technology, green play area, religious education, and community service. I have seen a lot of progress with my son since he has started at SMG four years ago. But what I love most about the school is the safe, caring environment and community of learners from the Kinder students to the 8th graders. The faculty and staff are wonderful and welcoming.

Posted March 14, 2011
Our daughter enjoys going to Saint Maria Goretti (SMG) and we could not be happier. The principal, teachers, other staff, and parents we ve met are excellent. When we attend various SMG events, we definitely get a sense of community. We feel fortunate to find a school that not only has high academic standards, but also high behavioral standards as well. It s gratifying to watch our daughter gain a solid foundation in education and values. We also like that SMG has one of the most diverse student populations (based on the various schools we visited in the area), something we considered very important to assist our daughter in her ability to relate to and understand the cultural experiences and values of others. If you are looking for a good private school, we highly recommend you check out SMG.

Posted January 30, 2011
St. Maria Goretti offers small class sizes and a community feel for an affordable price. The teachers work well with parents and the principal is supportive. My child is happy at this school. Families are involved and kids get along well. All classrooms are equipped with laptops, LCD projectors and students use the technology frequently. Overall, a smart choice for elementary and middle school!

Posted January 28, 2011
I am very pleased to be sending my kids to such a wonderful school! They have small classes - enabling the teachers to give the kids more individual attention. The teachers are outstanding, the principal is the best (she knows every child by name!). There is a great sense of community here. After our experience with public school, I wouldn't even consider leaving St. Maria Goretti!

Posted December 07, 2010
Not only do children learn academics at this school, they also learn how to be in the world. SMG students are intelligent, tech savvy, friendly, kind to one another and to the earth. My son is in 2nd grade and we are very happy to have made this investment in his future. SMG offers small class sizes, which means more hands on and individualized learning. They have a lot of green space, so health and fitness are part of the school day. And also, the added benefit of the close-knit community where teachers and parents know each other is priceless!

Posted July 28, 2010
Three of my kids have attended to St Maria Goretti and I am very greatfull for finding this school, the teachers are awsome they are very dedicated, the Principal is very careing and the kids love her, the classes are very small compared to other schools. Academics are great and they also have all kinds of sports including golf, track, volleyball,baseball, football, basketball. They have computers in the classrooms, and I could go on and on, all I can say is a family enviroment, and most important they teach good morals and religion which to me is the fundament of everything. Thank you St Maria Goretti you rock.

St. Maria Goretti

Posted February 01, 2010
I'm so blessed to have had a parent refer my child to SMG. Small school, very dedicated teachers and a great principal. My child has a great balance of academics, religion and friends. I'm confident she will excel in HS and beyond because of her education at SMG.

St. Maria Goretti