Long Beach, CA

St. Lucy School 3

Posted August 19, 2014
I agree there's a lot to improve especially with the new teachers who's trying to get a teaching experience from this school. Grading system is not consistent, I'm disappointed the way my kid is treated, teacher just intentionally ignore email communication. My kid has a joint project . Obviously, he did all the works but his partner got all the credits.

St. Lucy School 3

Posted August 14, 2014
REALLY!!!!!!!????? how much did you get to do the last review. Is true the school is good, there is a lot to improve. Specialy the way teachers treat parents. I hope this new year the new changed helps the school and the relationship between parents, teachers, staff and the most important the students.

Posted August 13, 2014
St. Lucy in LB is a top notch school! I'm glad I sent my kids there. The teachers put importance on quality education that's faith-centered. Grads have gone to great schools and on to become successful as valedictorians, salutatorians, summa&magna cum laude. From what I know, there're also alum who've gone to be priests & servants of God. This says a lot for this humble school in the westside. They have a pre-school and kinder with great teachers, the K teacher was my child's teacher some time ago, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd gr teachers are awesome & really involved, the 4th gr teacher is also co-principal & is really involved & a great support to parents, the 8th gr teacher is a hard-worker who's very involved w/ the school & parish & puts a lot of hard work into making the 8th grade grad school year packed w/ learning & bringing up study skills (she really helped my child succeed w/ homework & organization) & leadership driven & she's also in charge of student council. The principal's been there for many years, & she is a strong leader. She has always helped my family and many other families to make tuition affordable which is really important. More power to St. Lucy School!

Posted June 17, 2013
My brother graduated from this school and now my two kids attend St Lucy School and St Lucy Preschool. The teachers are great, always very helpful . I really like the parent involvement and the small community. Also the tuition is pretty decent compared to other private schools around the area. I would definitely recommend this school if you are looking for good quality education

St. Lucy School 4

Posted January 23, 2012
I went to this school many years ago and I had a great experience overall. Classes were small, felt like a family. There was light bullying, but I think that happens at every school. I think my years here more than prepared me for high school and college where I graduated with high honors in both. I also know others who went to this school and later on became well-established adults with good morals. The only downfall I'd say about this school is that there is a great percentage of Pacific Islanders/Filipinos (roughly 90%), which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you are looking for a school that is more diverse, then this school isn't exactly a good option. Also, the school is located in a not-so-great area of Long Beach. If you don't mind any of these, then this school is a good place to go.

Posted April 19, 2010
St. Lucy School just celebrated its 60th School Year. The alumni association put together an anniversary gala on April 17, 2010 and Councilwoman Uranga Tonja Reyes of the 7th District was in attendance to present St. Lucy's Principal Diane Pedroni with a Certificate of Appreciation. It was a wonderful night to honor such a great school.

St. Lucy School 0

Posted August 24, 2009
When I drop my child off in the morining I know he is going to receive a quality education everyday.

Posted May 29, 2009
I love this school coz' it's one of the best school from pre-k to 8th grade. My two graduated here, and I have one more kid still currently enrolled. My kids are very thankful that I have enrolled them here. It's an excellent school which prepares them to face another challenge in high school .

Posted May 29, 2009
this is a great little school! great teachers and small classrooms, more quality time for your children,

St. Lucy School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
I attended St. Lucy's, my cousins attended and now my son is in their pre-school. Family values and top notch teachers! I highly recommend this school.

St. Lucy School