Long Beach, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 02, 2013
We visited 3 private schools in the area before deciding to place our 2 girls at Bethany. We made a great choice. There are many afterschool programs available, Bethany is a great school! I have 1 in Pre-school and another in Kinder. The Preschool is located in the back of the school, off Clark so it's very safe. No need to worry about your children playing off a main street. The teachers and parents are very involved. There is always something going on at the school. I love that! My girls are always coming home telling me what projects they are working on. In 2012/2013 all classrooms had an iPad to aid in teaching, but for the 2013/2014 school year all students in grades k-8th will have their own and the older children get to take theirs home! How great is that! Even my pre-schooler had computer lab. Now she knows my PC is not a toy and treats it with great care. Bethany offers before and after school care that is extremely affordable. Fee's are calculated by how many hours of care you require and not a flat fee, so it was perfect for us, as we don't need care every day. There's also study hall after school, where my kinder got help with her homework.

Posted November 18, 2011
My son attended Bethany from kindergarten through 8th grade. We loved the school and are very happy that we chose to send him there for his elementary and middle school education.

Posted November 17, 2011
My son began Bethany Lutheran School in his 6th grade year. He is currently in the 7th grade and flourishing! The teachers and staff are full of love and respect at this school. The principal is the BEST. I really enjoy watching my son, who has always "hated" school never want to miss a day! It is such a warm and loving environment. I enjoy seeing my child smile when he talks about his day... I could have never imagined what a blessing Bethany has been to our family. I highly recommend Bethany. I wish I would have enrolled him in Kindergarten!

Posted November 13, 2011
I am a former student of Bethany now in the Long Beach Poly P.A.C.E. program. Although P.A.C.E. is a brand new challenge I feel I was well prepared by Bethany. The great teachers and even greater principal made sure that everything we did prepared us for the future. Now in P.A.C.E. in whatever we do I'm say "Wow, Bethany gave me a sneak peak to this before so now I know that I was prepared and ready for any academic as well as moral choices." Which brings me to a concern you may have about it being 'Lutheran'. They don't stress one specific sort of christianity.What they stress is the bible and what the bible says, then let's you determine what you think it means. All-in-all Bethany, the teachers, and the overall essence of the school is just wondeful.

Posted November 08, 2011
We are very happy with Bethany. We are not Lutheran and shopped schools when our child was going into kindergarten (too bad we didn't find them for preschool-it is excellent). When we meet the lead kdg teacher we knew our search was over, then met the principal and it sealed the deal. Now, four years later, we are happy, our child is happy and blossoming. It is a well rounded environment where everybody knows each other. The faculty are skilled and genuine. The sports, music, art, science, dance, chess options after school are wonderful as well as having a safe, friendly place to leave my kiddoe before or after school (extended day care 6:30 am-6pm) is a comfort. The optional hot lunch program could use some remodeling-but I hear that is in the works and it is only optional. It would be nice to have Spanish for all grade levels, but for now at least the older grades have Spanish built into their schedule and it has been an after school option for the younger kids in the past. Overall, our family loves Bethany and it has become a part of our family. Definitely worth checking out.

Posted October 05, 2011
We didn't intend to continue Bethany past Preschool-K, but my daughter loves each grade & class more than the next. The teachers are very experienced and have a real passion for education. The new Spanish program for Middle School is a huge plus. They worked very hard to get that right & they did. The principal is a skilled leader & is always exploring new programs that will enrich their diverse student body in music, arts, tech & team building skills.

Posted July 19, 2011
We have 2 graduates from Bethany so far. 1 is attending UCLA and the other UCSD Engineering School. Bethany did a great job of instilling a solid work ethic and foundation of study for our kids. The teachers work individually with every student to develop their strengths and prepare them for success in higher education. Well worth the investment in our children's future!

Posted September 28, 2010
Bethany Lutheran pre school is top notch. The staff is very nurturing and experienced. They deeply care about each child. The leadership (Nola Seaman, Director) is strong and the facilities are very clean and nice. I knew my daughter was in great hands here, Looked at several pre schools and this one "just felt right." It lived up to my expectations and then some. Mrs Padias and Teacher Karen are angels--they make each child feel special, If you are seeking a Christ centered pre school with stability of staff--this is the place, We have moved to another school and will deeply miss Bethany!

Posted August 17, 2010
Both of my children attended Bethany Lutheran School and went on to a top academic program in the local high school. I appreciated the strong academic, social and spiritual foundation Bethany provided for my children, who are experiencing great success in high school.

Bethany Lutheran School 1

Posted May 31, 2010
I am a former student of Bethany and am not fully satisfied with the results i was given. After bethany i went to public school. The curricular at Bethany is not matched at all to that of public schools. In my opinion it is much too easy and should be looked over more carefully. I am also unsatisfied with the teachers. They definitely played favorites for all of the years that i attended(pre-8th). There are many more flaws to this school including cost of tuition.Its way over priced and in the end, isnt really worth the money at all.And prices have gone up since my class (class of 07) has graduated because of fall in population. All in all,i feel sorry for the school. but its not worth the money and i think people are starting to realize that. but thats just my opinion.. -dueces.

Bethany Lutheran School
5100 East Arbor Road, Long Beach, CA  90808
Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Bethany Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top