K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted April 11, 2016
We love Bethany! It is an amazing school! My children are receiving a top-notch education and are daily encouraged and loved as children of God. The teachers are knowledgeable and caring and the programs are exploratory! We would very highly recommend Bethany to all!

Posted February 01, 2016
Both of my children were educated at Bethany Lutheran K-8 grade. They would not be the people they are today without attending this school and receiving a well-rounded Christian education that provides a family like atmosphere. Every teacher, volunteer and staff member is committed to doing what is best for the individual child.

Posted November 03, 2015
I feel very blessed to have found this school for my children (now in Grade 2 and 5). The integration of Christian values in every subject is invaluable, and their Student Success program has given my children one-on-one reading intervention that they wouldn't have gotten anywhere else.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 03, 2015
They have a good mix of both younger teachers and veteran teachers. I wish that they had some male teachers, as all of the teachers are female.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 03, 2015
There is not an excess amount of homework. Wednesday is "family night" where no new homework is assigned that is due Thursday.

Posted August 02, 2013
We visited 3 private schools in the area before deciding to place our 2 girls at Bethany. We made a great choice. There are many afterschool programs available, Bethany is a great school! I have 1 in Pre-school and another in Kinder. The Preschool is located in the back of the school, off Clark so it's very safe. No need to worry about your children playing off a main street. The teachers and parents are very involved. There is always something going on at the school. I love that! My girls are always coming home telling me what projects they are working on. In 2012/2013 all classrooms had an iPad to aid in teaching, but for the 2013/2014 school year all students in grades k-8th will have their own and the older children get to take theirs home! How great is that! Even my pre-schooler had computer lab. Now she knows my PC is not a toy and treats it with great care. Bethany offers before and after school care that is extremely affordable. Fee's are calculated by how many hours of care you require and not a flat fee, so it was perfect for us, as we don't need care every day. There's also study hall after school, where my kinder got help with her homework.

Posted November 18, 2011
My son attended Bethany from kindergarten through 8th grade. We loved the school and are very happy that we chose to send him there for his elementary and middle school education.

Posted November 17, 2011
My son began Bethany Lutheran School in his 6th grade year. He is currently in the 7th grade and flourishing! The teachers and staff are full of love and respect at this school. The principal is the BEST. I really enjoy watching my son, who has always "hated" school never want to miss a day! It is such a warm and loving environment. I enjoy seeing my child smile when he talks about his day... I could have never imagined what a blessing Bethany has been to our family. I highly recommend Bethany. I wish I would have enrolled him in Kindergarten!

Posted November 13, 2011
I am a former student of Bethany now in the Long Beach Poly P.A.C.E. program. Although P.A.C.E. is a brand new challenge I feel I was well prepared by Bethany. The great teachers and even greater principal made sure that everything we did prepared us for the future. Now in P.A.C.E. in whatever we do I'm say "Wow, Bethany gave me a sneak peak to this before so now I know that I was prepared and ready for any academic as well as moral choices." Which brings me to a concern you may have about it being 'Lutheran'. They don't stress one specific sort of christianity.What they stress is the bible and what the bible says, then let's you determine what you think it means. All-in-all Bethany, the teachers, and the overall essence of the school is just wondeful.

Posted November 08, 2011
We are very happy with Bethany. We are not Lutheran and shopped schools when our child was going into kindergarten (too bad we didn't find them for preschool-it is excellent). When we meet the lead kdg teacher we knew our search was over, then met the principal and it sealed the deal. Now, four years later, we are happy, our child is happy and blossoming. It is a well rounded environment where everybody knows each other. The faculty are skilled and genuine. The sports, music, art, science, dance, chess options after school are wonderful as well as having a safe, friendly place to leave my kiddoe before or after school (extended day care 6:30 am-6pm) is a comfort. The optional hot lunch program could use some remodeling-but I hear that is in the works and it is only optional. It would be nice to have Spanish for all grade levels, but for now at least the older grades have Spanish built into their schedule and it has been an after school option for the younger kids in the past. Overall, our family loves Bethany and it has become a part of our family. Definitely worth checking out.

5100 East Arbor Road, Long Beach, CA  90808
Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8