Long Beach, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

After a full review of our school program this Spring, 2010, the Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) has granted our school a renewed Accreditation term of six years.
May 28, 2010

Posted August 12, 2013
Lakewood Christian School (LCS) is a fabulous educational institution. Our oldest son has been attending the school for a couple of years and our other son will be starting this Fall. The teachers and administrators are very dedicated and truly love what they do. The curriculum allows for much teacher-student interaction. It is a high-paced learning environment, but the small classroom size (usually no more than 20 students) allow for a lot of individualized time. The projects and field trips are well integrated with the curriculum. LCS also does a great job of keeping parents informed through their weekly electronic newsletter and parents web.

Posted June 17, 2013
Lakewood Christian School on Arbor Rd. is where you want to be if you are interested in providing your children an education, engagement and enrichment for intellectual, spiritual and social development. The principal greets parents and students in the mornings to start the day off right. There is art, choir, handbells, music, sports, computer and much more. Our kids have thrived on every level with mindful guidance from teachers who are true gems and deeply care about the art and science of teaching kids. The teacher know how to make learning fun and rewarding, with a keen eye on academic achievement and spiritual growth. I have checked out a wide variety of public, private and secular curriculums - Lakewood Christian School tops the list for solid school and community values, goals, and spirit.

Posted June 15, 2013
I've taught at Lakewood Christian School for the last 7 years and I have never worked in a more positive, supportive, encouraging environment. Everyone on staff cares deeply for their students and is like minded in their mission to help them grow academically, spiritually and socially. This was my last year at LCS because my husband and I are moving to teach at an international school. I will miss this place incredibly and I thank God for allowing me to work here in my formative years as a teacher.

Posted June 08, 2013
My son joined Lakewood Christian Middle School two years ago. LCS stands out as a very special place. We saw strong teacher/student relationships, small class sizes and a highly committed Principal. My husband and I are very happy with our experience at LCS. The teachers are highly qualified in their curricular areas and they are always available for the students relationally and academically. The group of middle school kids is special. As different as they all are, they treat each other with respect and love. There has not been a day I drop my son and his friends off at school where I don't feel thankful and satisfied knowing he's walking into a positive, nurturing environment. Academically, he is being well-prepared to move on to either public or private high school. Two other areas that stand out as extremely special are the smaller classes where all students are respectful of their teachers and the huge array of electives available each year to the students. I would highly recommend LCS to any parent looking for a positive Christ-centered environment for their middle school student.

Posted June 04, 2013
Our family has been enrolled at LCS for 7 years. The teachers never cease to amaze us. They really become a part of our family. Who we trust our precious children with on a daily basis is one of the most vital decisions a parent can make. At LCS, this decision is not only easy, but brings a peace that is priceless. The cost of private school can mean some sacrifices for our family, but one we gladly make every year. Our peace of mind and the love, nurturing and godly influence our children receive is worth far more than the annual tuition. There is much to be concerned about in the raising of children, but where they spend their days and what they are hearing in the classroom is not one for our family. God has clearly blessed the school with academic greatness, yes, but more importantly, with a staff who has a love for His children. I strongly encourage anyone seeking a private school that truly serves the Lord, to look no further than Lakewood Christian Schools.

Posted June 04, 2013
Lakewood Christian Schools is a remarkable place to be. I am a parent of two children who have attended the school since preschool....my son is just finishing up his 6th grade year and my daughter is about to graduate from kindergarten. My husband and I pray yearly about sending our children the LCS and each year He keeps us coming back. This school has bought so much joy to my children, myself and our family. LCS has helped to instill in our children how to love others, great leadership skills, biblical values, reading, writing and many more excellent attributes. I have been apart of my children's education from day one buy volunteering, serving on PTF ( Parent Teacher Fellowship) , helping in our annual school events such as In N Out Day, Book Fair, Talent Show, Skate Depot Night and so much more. I would have does these thing for my children at any other school but with LCS, I LOVE to do them! We are family and I am proud to be apart of it with my children. The staff and administration have always come along side us as parents with love and support. I would highly recommend LCS to anyone looking for a school that is centered around the love of Christ.

Lakewood Christian Schools 3

Posted May 20, 2013
This is my daughters first year at LCS and she loves the many options she has for electives and she has also excelled academically at this school. However, socially she has not connencted. I agree with the comment posted on 4.3.12 regarding social ostracism and that teachers at LCS do not address that issue. My daughter has also complained about favortism towards certain students due to their personal circumstances. I want my daughter to not only like her her classes but enjoy going to school there becuase of the staff and fellow students and unfortunately this is not the case.

Lakewood Christian Schools 4

Posted April 03, 2012
The LCS middle school provides the academic foundation my child will need to excel in high school and beyond. The teachers are responsive to students and parents. The principal Mrs. Barton is accessible. The school would rate 5 stars, but the staff needs to be more attuned the teasing or the social ostracism that happens and be more pro-active in addressing the issue, particularly in a Christian environment. Overall, it's a high quality school and most kids will have an enjoyable experience at LCS.

Posted February 25, 2012
Our daughter has been attending LCS since preschool, and now she is going to graduate 8th grade this year. We have loved every year. She is so prepared for high school, but we are really going to miss this school. Her teachers have been wonderful every year. She has learned so much and been so loved. We have appreciated how the teachers have partnered with us in raising our child. She has had so many great electives in middle school and she really loved being in drama club and choir, as well as getting an excellent academic education. Thank you, LCS!!

Posted November 06, 2011
LCS was such an AMAZING school. I went there for 9 years, from kindergarten to 8th grade. i just graduated last June. The small size of the school was great because you got to know all your teachers and friends really well. it felt more like a big family than a school. I love lcs and i miss it a lot

Lakewood Christian Schools
5336 East Arbor Road, Long Beach, CA  90808
Last modified Lakewood Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Lakewood Christian Schools Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top