K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our daughter is in Kindergarten at Los Altos Brethren this year. We searched both private and public schools before we finally found this amazing school. They have a developmental approach to education, so they learn through play and through hands-on experiences. They cover all of the traditional school curriculum--math, english, etc--but also do art, social studies through blocks, music, p.e., cooking. There is limited homework that takes my daughter about 30 minutes per week. The student-to-teacher ratio is outstanding. Parents can help in the classroom. The program is an optional full-day, which is great to help your child transition into a full day of school, five days per week. One benefit of the small class sizes is that the teachers really get to know your child, can identify any challenges the child may be having, and work with the parents to solve the issue pretty immediately. This is by far the best school out there if you want to instill a love of learning in your child from day one. The teachers and staff here love these children and only want the best for them. We couldn't be happier with the school and highly recommend it.

This is an amazing school with high academic standards, great environment, band program, arts, computer, low teacher/child ratio and great families. I sent all 4 of my children there and couldn't be happier.

What an amazing school. Both my sons went to pre-school and elementary school at Los Altos Brethren. My oldest son graduated from 6th grade and transfered to a "public" middle school and has flouished! He fit right in, made a group of great friends, is active in music and makes all A's! My youngest son is still at Los Altos and looks forward to going to school everyday. He is excited to learn because of all the great learning opportunities - and field trips! His teachers are the best - and make "learning" fun! Our principal has strong leadership skills, is hands in the classroom and on the playground and knows every student by name! Los Altos Brethren has truly prepared my bosy for higher learning!

My boys went to preschool here for one year before Kindergarten. The preschool staff is wonderful. My kids were nutured and taught many skills. They each had a teacher that was such a great fit for them. I couldn't be more pleased.

We finally found the Christian school that we have longed for! My youngest child is about to complete his first year at Los Altos Brethren, and we just love the place! It's what we've wanted all along in a Christian school, as we have been so disappointed by other "Christian" schools that, despite their own rules and supposed disciplinary systems in place, have allowed too many problem students, parents and even teachers create a negative environment. Los Altos Brethren is spiritually and academically rich, providing a school environment and experience that cannot even be compared to the other Christian schools that my 3 children have attended. From the first time I stepped on campus and attended a chapel service, I was amazed at the difference I observed in the students' behavior and attitudes. They were respectful yet participating and truly enjoying their time at school. These are the same students that have been so friendly and welcoming of my child, the "new kid." And the music program is AMAZING...a nice little bonus about being at this school. We are so very happy with Los Altos Brethren. I wish we would have found Los Altos Brethren 10 years and 2 children ago!

I call this school my "Little House on The Prairie"!! There is no greater reward than living in the middle of a big city and having the blessings of a small school. Both my children have received an excellent education while thriving developmentally and emotionally. Los Altos Brethren is truly "One of a kind".

I wish I could give this school (at least) 10 stars!!! I had such a great experience going to school here from pre-k through 6th grade! My faith was planted and grown here with the love and support of the wonderful staff and fellow students and families! The teachers are incredible and have a very tangible style of teaching that engages and challenges students to do their best everyday, in and out of the classroom. The music department is also spectacular! I am so greatful that my roots are at this school & I would recommend it to anyone! The things you will get out of attending this school will be indescribable!!

My son attended preschool and just graduated the 6th grade. The schools was awesome, very good christian foundation and values. I highly recommend this school.

We have had kids from Kindergarten through 6th grade and its been a great experience. Great kids and great learning!

Last modified Los Altos Brethren School is a Private school that serves grades K-6