K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Both of my children attended MCH from the time they were 1 and 2 years old. The staff is phenomal--so caring, dedicated and clear with their program. Both of my chilren were excited to go to school everyday and the staff was always just as happy about being there to enjoy the children. The children learned so many life skills with gentle guidance and a head start on a wonderful education. This school is perfect for families committed to quality care for their children.

My youngest child attended MCH from the time he was 3 months old. I love the staff, the atmosphere and curriculum. He enjoyed every day he was at MCH ... the infant care staff treated him like gold and he loved them, too. Preschool taught him important lessons in manners and courtesy. They introduced him to potty training, academics in a fun and gentle way! Once he went to the Main Campus, their great standards continued and my son got a first-rate education! This year he entered 1st grade at age 5 in LBUSD and is thriving in his studies that he deems "easy", mostly in part to MCH's rigorous curriculum. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for quality education and care for their child. Thank you so much, MCH Staff ((HUGS))

My daughter has been attending Montessori since preschool and is now first grade. Our home school is Minnie Gant but we decided to let our daughter continue attending Montessori since she is thriving academically. She loves to go to school in the morning and always asks if she can stay a little longer when we pick her up. I love the small nurturing environment(only 19 kids in her class). My daughter just loves her teacher, Mrs Khema. Very happy parent!

To clarify: there are three campuses that compromise this program. Palo Verde, for babies trough potty trained children. West for children 3-5 who are fully potty trained, and Main, for children 3- 3rd (?) grade. My child spent a year at the Palo Verde campus, and I agree with some of the harsh reviews below. I think it is a poorly lead program, the parent-teacher communication is terrible, and I regret leaving my child in it for a full year. That said, she "graduated" to the West campus, and I could not be happier. I think their programs are spectacular, and that they do an excellent job following the Montessori method. My child LOVES to go to school, and I feel confident in the abilities of the teachers and assistants. In addition to a standard child-led Montessori based cirriculum, the kids get lots of outside time. 5 stars for West.

I toured this Palo Verde Ave school in Aug 2010 for the 2-3 yr old age group. The teacher told me she had 24 toddlers aged 2-3 in her class and was the only teacher, w/2 aides who appeared to speak little English. From the time we started the tour to the end of the tour 10 mins later, the children looked bored, were ALL silent, and sitting at 2 tables in the SMALL room, totally unengaged holding different books no one was reading to them. Very few items to play with in class, and I was told they were not allowed outside the entire day due to the 80 degree weather. Offices unrelated to the school were on the floor above, with strangers going in and out of the playground to access their front doors...a risk to the children at all hours of the day. No thanks.

We love this school. Both of our children have attended since they were 4 months, and the oldest will start kindergarten in the fall. She is reading and writing on her own (they do a daily journal in the preschool), doing addition and subtraction, and most importantly loves going to school. They have so many activities and everything from art to science is given time. The teachers (from the infant room and up) are caring and compassionate- individual needs of each child are always considered. Having our children attend MCH has been a fantastic decision.

I love this school for my daughter. She has attended this school since she was three and now attends kindergarten here. We have three years of experiences at this school and as public school teacher in a large school Disrict, I am very happy. My daughter exceeds the California State standards for kindergarten already. She was performing at a kindergarten level in preschool and not just receiving language arts and math instruction but social studies and science as well. They provide a music teacher as well as a Spanish teacher. Extra curricular activities such as dance, karate, gymnastics, etc are available from outside sources that come to the school. The director takes time to know the children and the assistants are good with the children. My daughter loves this school and I feel comfortable with the school community. Kindergarten teacher has exceeded my expectations! Toddlers go to another site.

Having to disagree with the last post, we have had a wonderful experience at this school. My son started at the age of 3 years old. From the beginning, the teachers were great. They were able to handle all types of situations with the children. Yes, one room is larger but the kids were so involved you didn't realize it. Also, this school does not have toddlers so there must be some mistake.

Having used the other reviews in out initial decision to send our toddler to this school, it was with surprise and great disappointment that we found our child's class to be a dismal and lifeless place. In our numerous visits to the class at various times, we consistently observed the children to be laconic. . . forced to sit at tables with little to stimulate their little minds. Our child, who has had more than a year and a half of very positive day care experiences before this, clung to us and cried ceaselessly when we would try to drop him off here. This was not helped by their hard-nosed enforcement of 'short goodbyes' that did not allow us to help him integrate into the new school. High student to teacher ratio and what seemed like inexperienced and untrained assistants did not help the situation.

Last modified Montessori Children's House School is a Private school that serves grades K-6