Huntington Academy 1

Posted May 30, 2012
Someone need to call the police on this school. The children their are all on a dirty floor it is horrible. The school insist that it is for all children, it looks as if only special need children attend with a few normal children. I call the school board and the school has not been accredited since 2009. Shame on you for taking good people money, and the not so smart parents that have allowed their poor babies to endure in such poor conditions. This house need to be closed down today!!!

Huntington Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2012
I went to visit my kids at this school and I have to say that I was sorely disguested with the school, there was a smell throughout the school that was absolutely horrible and the staff seemed to be totally oblivious to it. The carpet was very dirty and dusty and that is what the kids were sitting on, there is outdated paperwork and books all over the place, there are sheets and blankets over the windows, this place badly befits one where kids can thrive and be educated, it needs to be redone from inside out, top to bottom and reeducation of staff. I will be so excited when this year is over I cant wait to pull my kids out of this filth, on top of this they inject there spiritual beliefs on the kids wether you want them to or not, they show no care or respect to parents that don't want there kids involved in this. The school is also not accrediated and my kids my have to repeat there grade again because of the lack of proper edcational appitude of this horrific suposedly teaching enviroment. Someone from the district needs to shut this place down until they meet the qualifications, they are doing a total disservice to the community.

Huntington Academy 5

Posted March 04, 2009
Where else could a child receive such a quality education? Certainly not at the local public elementary schools. Their proficiency rates for African-American students falls at a dismal 33% on standardized tests. Huntington Academy serves all students interested in attending. The majority in attendance--and the teachers and staff--are overwhlemingly African-American at Huntington Academy, and that seems to allow them to provide high-quality, culturally-relevant learning that incorporates fostering a strong sense of self and pride in students' identities. This translates into high achievement in school and outstanding behavior and confidence in Huntington's students. My son attended Creative Arts Preschool (operated by the same director) and transferred to Huntington for kindergarten. When we moved to Los Angeles, we found that he was a full grade level ahead of public school! We're moving back to Long Beach, and he'll be going to Huntington again!

Huntington Academy 5

Posted August 18, 2008
This is the best school for you family my grandson started at Creative Arts and move on to Huntington Academy Carrie Braynt has the best two school I have seen in years. God Bless your in sight

Huntington Academy