Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted August 16, 2014
Something was always off about this school. Never mind that there is ZERO compassion for the working parent. It's a K-8th grade school, but the after school childcare only accepts K-6th, so when my eldest hit 7th grade, I had no options left. In addition, it was hundreds of dollars a month, and required a commitment. The office staff is completely unacceptable. Flat out rude. Hang up without any acknowledgement when you call your child in sick. Barely a sarcastic, "thank you" and a click. The politics that other people have mentioned are completely accurate! The Principal is intimidating and the kids are NOT fond of her at all. My breaking point came at the end of last year, when my child looked forward to 8th grade award night for 2 weeks. Camera charged, new outfit bought ... Every child received awards for arbitrary random things. She came up to me after, fighting tears...they skipped about 3 kids out of 60. She, being one of them. Pick up and drop off is dangerous with NO system. 2 days at new school, support & smiles like we NEVER felt in 8 years at Franklin. My kids were considered "popular" and "good students, btw. So happy we finally left. Wish we got a 'do over'.

Posted December 09, 2013
The negative reviews for Franklin are comical and clearly represent biased people who had some sort of issue with their child at school. My experience is that the school has a good group of teachers and administrators and a normal array of parents. In a reflection of the district, there are wealthy and less wealthy families at the school. Personally, I pick up my child in an old Toyota and have never felt slighted by the those who drive fancier cars. When we moved into the district, our concern was about the quality of education and the community of students. Our child was welcomed in and quickly made more friends than he had at his prior school where he had been for much longer. I felt that the teachers helped that happen. Yes, a lot of the boys like sports, but I don't think should be particularly surprising to anyone. I see complaints here about the high level of parent involvement in the school. To me that is an obvious benefit and value to the school, not a drawback. The best student performance is directly tied to the engagement of parents. My preference is for the families to make the school better through proactive engagement rather than anonymous whining.

Franklin Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
Our family loves Franklin School! It's our 6th year at Franklin and we think the campus is beautiful, the teachers are great, and the principal is doing an outstanding job!

Posted August 16, 2013
We have been in attendance at Franklin Elementary since 2010. Our first year at Franklin was unbelievable hard. Mostly, due to the principal at that time and a few of the parents. My son has special needs and without the help of our kindergarten teacher, we would not have stayed at Franklin. After our kindergarten year, and a new principal our child has only flourished. Our second son was so excited to start his primary education there, he would walk on campus and start talking to the teachers. They were all very nice and accommodating to his precocious nature. While we have had issues with some of the parents, the staff and the principal have been amazing with our children and have truly fought for our older son. We have not had any bad experiences with poor leadership or political maneuvering in this regard. We are a two parent working home, and we volunteer more than most one parent working home people. I am saddened that Franklin has such a reputation, but school will always be what you make of it. Sometimes, you just have to find people who will talk openly about it and help make change.

Posted August 10, 2013
We decided to leave Franklin School because of things others have mentioned below. This school is ran by parent/teacher politics. Leadership/principal is not willing or able to control her staff when it comes to the favoritism played year after year to the families who manipulate / befriend teachers. Principal backs her staff , right or wrong, doing nothing for families with concerns. Long term teachers developed friendships/relationships with many families. If you've not had time to do the same, your children is treated differently and will not have the same advantages. It had the potential to be a great community school, but because of the politics between teachers and parents and the unwillingness of leadership to do anything about this noted problem, we have decided to take our children elsewhere. I ignored the older reviews below thinking that this was the view of a few bitter parents, however, after witnessing this treatment first hand, I wish we made a different choice for our kids. The politics/ teacher favoritism ruined what could be a great school. Based on prior reviews this has been an ongoing issue throughout the years experienced by many.

Posted August 10, 2013
I've been a parent at this school since kindergarten. As far as education, it is in line with the other schools in the district, so it's fine. The reviews are correct when it comes to teachers playing favorites and the politics that run the school. Many teachers at this school are very involved in the social aspect of the community and cater to those in their social network. These issues have been presented to the current Principal and Principals in the past by many who've experienced the unfair treatment and obvious advantage of "its all about who you know..." There are a handful of exceptional teachers at Franklin who stay professional and treat the children the same, but these teachers are the exception. Had we known that Franklin was so political with such poor leadership, we would have gone to a different school in our district.

Posted August 10, 2013
I couldn't agree more with the last two reviews. Aggressive, wealthy, sports-obsessed, competitive parents dominate this school. The teachers acquiesce to them and favor their children. There are different "factions" of powerful families. It's appalling to see how they compete their kids against each other. Example, there are quite a few "rich b**chy" mothers and "I'm a mover and shaker" dads around who pull up in their luxury SUV's or $45K+ cars, cut in front of others, and park anywhere they want. Crossing-guard teachers just stand by and watch it; they seem to be too afraid to afront any of the wealthy families at this school. One more thing, the teachers at this school seem to be burned out and tired of teaching. Older ones use the same ol' projects and assignments they've been using for the past 10/20, years! Some are so obviously out of date. Many teachers are just hanging on for their retirement and going through the motions. By and large a very bitter group who should instead be inspiring, upbeat role models. Franklin may pride itself on being a better (i.e.,test scores/demographics) school than most California public schools, but unfortunately that's not saying very much.

Posted July 24, 2013
We have been at Franklin for one year, 2nd grade. So far, our experience has been great. The parents and teachers are very friendly. It's a great community and I couldn't be more pleased. Compared to our other school, Franklin has much more to offer in education and extra-curricular activities.

Franklin Elementary School 2

Posted December 28, 2012
The negative reviews are correct about this school. Favoritism is abundant in this school. Want special treatment for your child? You must have time to be hanging out at this school. Some of the teachers are also less than cooperative when it comes to getting the best education for your child. They tend to listen to the gossip and condemn those that do not have the time to volunteer on a consistent basis. And if you do volunteer, make sure you dont outdo one of the regular volunteers! There is a lot of politics. One teacher stood in front of the class and explained that grades dont matter at this level and to tell your parents not to worry so much about the grading system. But then they turn around and have award days for the top achievers and leave some to be looked down on. Dont worry about grades?? How is that helping me as a parent to push my child?????

Posted December 30, 2011
We began our attendance 4 years ago. I have five children all a grade apart. We came from the Eureka school district and found that students in this school are not nice, in-fact they are wild and bullys. The parents are very clickish and the children start to get tainted by their parents around 4th to 5th grade. I love to be involved but find myself hessitating because of self involved and clickish parents. I still volunteer, but it's uncomfortable. We became heavily involved in sports such as wrestling, football, baseball and basketball in hopes to fit in. It is very hard to make friends in this school for both the kids and parents especially from 5th grade up. Our family have never had issues like this before. We are very social! We were warned about this school before attending and figured we've never had a problem fitting in and make friends- not the case here. We struggled with teacher communication especially in the 5th grade. There seems to be a lot of politics going on. The principal was there one day and everything was fine and the next day gone for good and no explanation was given to us parents- what? That made me angry and worried as to why.

Franklin Elementary School
7050 Franklin School Road, Loomis, CA  95650
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top