Loomis, CA
Students enrolled: 1,704
After care: No

Posted September 18, 2013
Del Oro is the best high school to take your kids to. It doesn't matter if you grew up in the Loomis area or not, DO's the best! Like any high school, you'll get the kids that don't care, and you'll have drama. But what's so great about Del Oro is the spirit. There's a legacy, a MORE than involved community, and heart. I remember one of our chants for football games went something like What' do we got? Heart! and everyone would pound their chests. This school has a million ways to get the student involved, the teachers are superb and TRULY care. The arts, the clubs, the sports-it's all STUDENT oriented. DO gives us something to unite in and something to be proud of. Just get involved in something - homecoming, clubs, go see a play, do something. It's worth it and it'll hold such a beautiful place in your heart.

Posted September 13, 2013
All five of my children and ten of my 14 grandchildren attended or are attending Del Oro. I was president of the Parent Teacher's Club for two years and parent coordinator of the band for the better part of 20 years. My wife and I still attend Friday night football games at home and away. I came from a great high school in Texas, also with great sports teams and and a great band both of which won many state championships. That Texas school could not hold a candle to Del Oro. Just read some of these reviews BY STUDENTS who attended Del Oro. STUDENTS! That should tell you everything. Run, don't walk and hope you get your student in before space runs out!

Posted August 15, 2013
Del Oro high school is such an amazing school. We are like one big family. At D.O you can just walk up to just about anyone and just strike up a conversation. I have heard about people picking on one another or that there are little clicks at other high schools and at D.O you rarly hear of any thing like that happening. Everyone seems to have school pride and really invested in the school. At Del Oro it is expected that everyone needs to be kined and courteous to others, it really seems like we take that to heart. Not only does the school have a great environment it also has a wonderful teaching staff. They make the class fun, work to keep us engaged, and always are there if you need help or have a question. You can really tell when you walk into a class room that the teachers are passionate about teaching.

Posted August 12, 2013
My family did their research and Del Oro is one of the best public schools in northern California. I love DO, everyone is a family. Even though I haven't graduated yet, Del Oro has already prepared me for my future in so many ways. Placer & Golden Sierra are no match.

Del Oro High School 2

Posted August 08, 2013
I did not have a good time going to this school. I did not enjoy the very sports oriented nature of Del Oro; I found the 20-30 minutes of class time a week allotted to the boosting of the sports teams' egos to be banal and irritating, and the teachers' overly generous treatment of the sports teams grades not at all righteously deserved. The school is very Christian and curriculum is catered as such. Religion and church membership were important aspects of social status. I personally felt ostracized as a result of my atheist views by my teachers as well as the students. The school continually pumps money and staff time into funding sports while neglecting education. It has no computer science classes. The science department is too poor to replace equipment and during my time at the school photocopies stopped coming in colored paper and seemed to always be delayed and short, do to the tight school budget; we also opened a new football field. At Del Oro classes are based on STAR testing curriculum, things outside this curriculum aren't covered. I found my non AP classes intellectually unstimulating. Most of my favorite teachers have left the school in the three years since I left.

Posted August 04, 2013
One of the Best High Schools in the nation for overall quality experience. Both parents and students Involvement placed in a small town environment make this School a Holywood script school. The school is positioned in an area outside Sacramento and Tahoes Sierra Foothills which pools a hybrid mix of students together from hard working ranch properties, affluent gated communities and good small downtown kids into a winning ingredient of a happy family. Excellence is not expected in this school it is just the norm which celebrates all students talents from sports (Definety Football School - with a college town feel with whole town shutting down for Homecoming parade and it assembles every Friday night home game to cheer and socialize ), band, AG, superior academic performance, and all. A place for Great Kids who all come together with a lifetime of positive memories to become Great Growups. GO DO!

Posted March 17, 2013
The academics challenge and prepare kids for college, the sports are terrific and as a parent I'm happy my kids have been a part of the Del Oro experience. School pride is overwhelming and parent participation high.

Posted February 21, 2013
Awesome school, they teach and expect respect. Football program is fantastic and they teach respect on and off the field. IEP program is awesome and these kids learn and are prepared for college. We had to move out of state to Texas and it was a horrible mistake for my son. In my sons words, I was taught and challenged at DO and felt confident even though in the IEP program. Parents in the community are unified. My sister in law moved her kids here and was extremely happy as well. Moving out of this district was not a good choice for my kids. There are drugs in every school, unfortunately something you can't get away from, but parents parent in this district. LOVE DEL ORO AND ALL OF ITS TRADITION! GREAT TEACHING AND COACHING STAFF FOR ALL SPORTS! FRIDAY FOOTBALL SHOULD DO A SHOW ON THIS SCHOOLS TRADITION THE WHOLE TOWN COMES OUT! I MISS DEL ORO AND THE LOOMIS/NEWCASTLE AREA!

Posted April 20, 2012
I am so glad I attended Del Oro. I do believe that is has the "OH MY GOSH ITS THE BEST SCHOOL EVER" factor because I have never felt the same anywhere else. It is a school filled with spirit, guidance, and just great people. I have never had staff go out of their way to help me succeed. I know after I graduate this year I will always be able to go back and call it my home. It is my home. CONGRATS CLASS OF 2012!

Posted January 11, 2012
Del Oro has been the best experience for us& my kids Excellent staff and academics & best in their finacials! We love Del Oro High!!

Del Oro High School
3301 Taylor Road, Loomis, CA  95650
Last modified Del Oro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Oro High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top