Los Alamitos, CA

Posted April 18, 2014
This is my first year at LAE. My other children have attended Rossmoor and Weaver. When you walk on campus everyone is friendly including the principal and the kids seem happy. I don't feel tension like the previous school attended. So far kindergarten has been a great experience. The PTA and Friends of LAE have a great group of volunteers. The education like at all Los Al schools are excellent.

Posted July 18, 2013
My child attended LAE until from K-5 and enjoyed it. The teachers are wonderful and try to do everything possible for the children. I will agree that there are quite a bit of fund raisers; however, these fundraisers also contribute to the art programs, computer programs, and music programs that the school has (not all schools do). As for drop off/pick up comments; I agree that kids should be greeted but sometimes the parents are the issue. They do not pay attention to the rules or pull up to drop off their child in the proper spot, park or walk where they are putting children in danger! I have witnessed this firsthand. The school scored 10/10 when compared to other schools and this is the reason why many people choose to drive long distances to bring their child to this school!

Los Alamitos Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2013
Great school! Mrs. Walter's is the best. She's organized, structured, has well focused lessons and appropriate goals for the students. My son loves the computer lab and JIJI program too. I do agree with the other parent about the drop off lady being not so friendly.

Posted May 05, 2013
I went to this school from grades 3-5. It was a great experience. It really helped me grow. I loved the entire experience at LAE. It really was the place to be. It was always a good time and the teachers were always caring and they always want you to keep learning. It was easy to make friends and it helped me grow from a shy child to an outgoing one. This is a fantastic school to start your roots from.

Los Alamitos Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2010
My entire family has attended LAE. Presently, there is only one person on campus that I am not very fond of. Every morning I get my child prepared for the day mentally and physically. When I bring my child to school, this particular staff member barks at parents and their children as they get out of their cars. This does not help these kids and starts their day off on a negative note every day. I feel that our kids should be greeted with a "hello" and a smile, not a rude staff member yekking and slamming car doors. I would have given 5 stars for teacher quality but this staff member (who I assume is an aid or noon duty worker) is overwhelming and rude on a consistant basis. If it wans't for this staff member, I would have given LAE 5 stars in all categories.

Posted December 04, 2009
I have a first grader at this school and when he started he was shy and quiet. I have watched him grow, gain confidence and excel through the nurturing and caring teachers here at Los Alamitos. I work full time and volunteer in the class and the experience has been amazing! The parents are active, the teachers truly care and most of the administrative staff is highly competent. The principal seems standoffish and does not really engage when speaking with her but overall I am very happy with this school so far.

Posted March 26, 2009
As a former Los Alamitos Unified School District student, I am proud and honored that my children are able to attend Los Alamitos Elementary. The staff from teachers to aides to specialist have all of the children's best interest at heart. I hope that my children experience the same wonderful experiences that I had going through this district. LAE is the place to be!

Los Alamitos Elementary School 3

Posted March 03, 2009
I moved to Los Alamitos (and pay an the higher rent) just for the schools and I have been very disappointed. There are lots of opportunities but you have to pay (a lot) for every single one of them, plus fundraisers. My son really needed work at a level beyond his grade and I was told he would just have to suffer through until 4th grade when GATE starts, no help at all. I have asked 3 teachers and the principal about him having a learning disability and all have expressed there is a problem but all have said no to having him tested.

Posted May 30, 2008

Posted April 19, 2008
This is our daughters first year at LAE. We could not be happier having her attend this school. Her mind is expanding in leaps and bounds. Teachers truly care for their students in every aspect. The highest educational emotional and social values always upheld!

Los Alamitos Elementary School
10862 Bloomfield Street, Los Alamitos, CA  90720
Last modified Los Alamitos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Alamitos Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top