Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Oak Middle School creates a feeling of community by engaging students in a variety of activities: lunch time activities (the dance parties are a big hit), after school events, performing arts, family nights (Lion Pride Day, Open House), dances, and interesting electives. Students are invested in their school and surroundings. Teachers care. Erin Kominsky is involved. Parents are active on campus. By creating a sense of community, honesty, integrity and fairness come more naturally.

Oak Middle School has proven to be an excellent choice for our family. My son's teachers offer innovative and engaging lessons, provide frequent communication, and offer extra support when necessary. Oak has an amazing performing arts program; my son's participation in the musical, Suessical, has inspired him to continue in the choral arts. Erin Kominsky, the new school principal, is visible, approachable and hands-on. She has created several campus events and activities that promote community. The campus is pristine and clean; the staff is polite and helpful. Oak is an academically rigorous school that promotes cooperative learning and ignites students' curiosities. Students are encouraged to explore different interests, have fun on campus, and learn through a variety of modalities. I am so pleased with this middle school!

Oak middle school made my child feel comfortable before even stepping into the school. he loves his teachers,and the principal was very welcoming.I love that the teachers are open to communication with the parents. This is very important. We are looking forward to our year here at Oak

I am very pleased with Oak! It is well structured, with 6th graders having lunch separately from older kids, allowing them a year to transition. My child was identified very early in the year as needing additional help in a subject, and her schedule was promptly changed to allow a second period of that class! There is a teacher who comes every Saturday to tutor students at no additional cost. My ONLY complaints about Oak are that PTA meetings are always at 8:30am, not giving the working parents a chance to participate. Also, there seem to be minimal opportunities to volunteer/participate. Emails are minimal. All teachers I've encountered so far have been great, even the Vice Principal. I've had minimal interaction with the Principal, perhaps because I'm not on campus all the time. Love that all teachers comply with Aeries, so I can stay on top of my child's work. I've dealt with schools where it wasn't enforced and most teachers didn't keep it current. I know it's a lot of work, but it keeps parents up to date and kids from slipping between the cracks. Nice to catch things before they snowball. Mrs. Gardner is the best! Mr. Hill works really hard too. Even PE is fun, archery, etc!

Both my kids attended Oak Middle School. I have found it to be a wonderful, supportive and stimulating learning environment. I love how the teachers keep the kids engaged and challenged, and how the principal knows the students and is connected to what is going on in the school. My kids were (and are) both involved in the Choir program which added a wonderful dimension to their middle school experience. Thank you Oak!

I couldn't be happier with this school. I am a teacher also, and have worked in many schools. This is the most positive and caring teaching staff I have ever had encountered. The quality of instruction is wonderful, but the best part about this school is the positive and respectful environment that has been created by the staff. Both of my sons actually look forward to going to school because they have made good friends there in a variety of fun clubs/chior, and that speaks volumes to me.

My son just finished 3 great years at Oak. It is a GREAT school - Love the principal, and the interaction between the wonderful teachers, parents and administration make it a well run organization. Loved the choir program too.

The school is great. There are so many caring teachers that go the extra mile. The music program ROCKS!!! Mr. Padilla is so dynamic and the kids are responding. The Jazz Band is an award winning one and continues to impress everyone it plays for. Go LIONS!!!!

i have been attending oak for three awesome years. I love it there. The teachers are nice and give you help when ever you need it. You make tons of awesome friends and meet all kinds of new people. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! GO LIONS!!!!!!!

This school is great. My daughter loves it and she is up and eager to go to school every day. There alot of extra curriculer activites to choose from and it's great

Last modified Oak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.