Los Alamitos, CA

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 03, 2015
It is way too much, and the amount has been disproven to be helpful (so its a lot of effort for really no benefit).

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 03, 2015
You have to be persistent and determined to keep up with the curriculum, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully there is a stay at home parent to help them with the work they bring home (if you're lucky enough to have that kind of support).

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 03, 2015
If I were treated as my child has been treated by staffers (teachers are ok), I would be discouraged to respect those who haven't earned it. Fortunately the teachers themselves do a good job.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 03, 2015
Recess attendants for the children are more interested in chatting with each other, and treat the children who "interrupt" them with contempt and disregard.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 03, 2015
The principal (whos ups and downs in moods) makes it look like they develop integrity and fairness on the face of things, but in the end it feels shallow and fake. The teachers themselves on the other hand, as are in most cases, the ones who deserve the real credit. Here's to hoping you get a good one.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 14, 2015
At first I thought there was too much busy work given; but then after spring break any of the written work given in the 2nd grade class was now optional and they were supposed to get online and play educational games for 20 minutes a day. I have absolutely no idea what this was supposed to do for children. I saw that my son's writing grade went down as a result.

Rossmoor Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2015
We have been very disappointed in Rossmoor. We live in district and had high expectations for this school, but quickly found out that the emphasis is on test scores and being "the best," instead of putting students first. There is an extreme lack of communication and there is no type of "partnership" between the parents and the staff. I spent many hours volunteering in my children's classrooms and was involved in the PTA and was shocked at how some of the teachers spoke to the students and how the parents were treated. Other than the 2nd grade teachers who are absolutely amazing, it is difficult to find many positive things to say about Rossmoor. We will not settle for this type of environment for our children and will not return.

Rossmoor Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2014
Rossmoor is an excellent school. My son enjoyed his time there, from 2nd grade to 5th. School staff are very committed to work hard with all students. We don't live in Los Alamitos but we always fell at home at Rossmoor. The only thing that I regret is with the District that first, sent letters to choose middle school , and later on, they don't honor the middle school chosen.

Rossmoor Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2013
We are a new kinder family and we LOVE Rossmoor! Our son's teacher is tech savvy, smart and creative. I know my child is getting the best experience possible- a real 21st century education. Rossmoor has a strong culture of teacher collaboration, the most rigorous and authentic academic programs and a beautiful, safe campus. Couldn't be happier.....

Rossmoor Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
Rossmoor Elementary... Wouldn't put my child there again... We pulled them out, few great teachers but really lacking a good principal. Sad because the potential is there but with a leader that can't lead, where can you go? There is too much gossip and game playing with the principal. Sorry, don't want my child back there...

3272 Shakespeare Drive, Los Alamitos, CA  90720
Last modified Rossmoor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rossmoor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top