Posted November 23, 2014
Rossmoor is an excellent school. My son enjoyed his time there, from 2nd grade to 5th. School staff are very committed to work hard with all students. We don't live in Los Alamitos but we always fell at home at Rossmoor. The only thing that I regret is with the District that first, sent letters to choose middle school , and later on, they don't honor the middle school chosen.

Posted September 04, 2013
We are a new kinder family and we LOVE Rossmoor! Our son's teacher is tech savvy, smart and creative. I know my child is getting the best experience possible- a real 21st century education. Rossmoor has a strong culture of teacher collaboration, the most rigorous and authentic academic programs and a beautiful, safe campus. Couldn't be happier.....

Rossmoor Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
Rossmoor Elementary... Wouldn't put my child there again... We pulled them out, few great teachers but really lacking a good principal. Sad because the potential is there but with a leader that can't lead, where can you go? There is too much gossip and game playing with the principal. Sorry, don't want my child back there...
2 people found this helpful

Rossmoor Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2013
PROS: Doreen is great (front office) and she, unlike some of the staff has been the most kind, helpful person there. The health clerk is also courteous and open. The Kids Corner staff seems to have it together and are polite and organized. CONS: A child's first experience of school is in Kindergarten, and the way teachers and staff treat children AND their parents will help shape their like or dislike of school. We've had poor experiences so far. We're not talking about hand-holding, we're talking common courtesy. I've no room to go into details but here was our first day: K Orientation was 20 mins with your children to help them adapt, the kids being taken out of the room and listening to the teacher talk the rest of the time (about 50 mins). Unfortunately she spoke for ALL of the remaining time and said "time's up, sorry, no time for questions." If you wish to speak to a teacher, you have to make an appt. Our experience so far is poor, and my child does not like school. Sad for a "high rated" school. My advice: Don't threaten to throw children's belongings away. Be pleasant to children and parents. These are 4-6 year olds who are sensitive and very young!

Rossmoor Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2013
Rossmoor Elementary, although some are very happy here, I was not. Lived in the district, volunteered regularly and gave many hours to assist this school at various fundraisers and activities. Principal and office lacking. Too many intra-district transfers make it difficult to build friendships and also, too many bully type kids. We left.

Posted July 08, 2013
Rossmoor is a wonderful school. The teacher, parents and administrator go above and beyond to meet the needs of the students. My children are kind, positive role models, understand behaviors to model and those to ignore. It takes a team of parent, teacher and staff to build a school. We have an amazing amount of parent participation, and the school continues to break records of student achievement. We LOVE Rossmoor!

Rossmoor Elementary School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
Worst school ever I had to remove my son from this school due to bullying by staff members. This school will improve when they find an alternative to bullying. I also feel that they need a new principal that can manage the staff and handle diversity.

Rossmoor Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2012
I went there since K - 5. I was bullied a lot there. Lots of snobby kids. I only had 9 good friends. It was an ok experience. But I switched districts, I will miss Los Al, but I am enjoying it.

Rossmoor Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2012
Principal is very attentive and approchable. Shes active, engaged and involved in everything. Doreen in the front office is a saint and a rock star, love her! Mrs. Vicky Sinclair in Kids Korner (before/after school care) is also a saint. Her love for kids is genuine. Lower grade teachers are awesome, upper grade teachers overwhelmed/tired. Very disappointed in my child's 4th grade teacher. 5th grade was lukewarm. Wish there weren't 36-38 kids in 4th-5th grade, even though they break into smaller groups for core subjects w/additional teachers. Rossmoor offers a lot of stellar programs as others have mentioned. It has strong community support, and is basically a public private school. That said, be prepared to contribute (which I don't think is a bad thing at all...) with budget cuts, parents have to step up and fill the gaps...in time, money, donations, and participation. Some are surprised at what seems like nonstop fundraisers, etc, but the money has to come from somewhere! Rigorous curriculum, but not unachievable. There is excellent communication from school, we are notified of everything well in advance. The new modernization looks great.

Posted May 24, 2011
We are a district transfer to Rossmoor Elementary School. We are having a wonderful experience with my son's teacher, the principle and staff, whom are all dedicated to their students education. The families we have met during the school year have now become great friends. We are having fun and look forward to next year.

Rossmoor Elementary School
3272 Shakespeare Drive, Los Alamitos, CA  90720
Last modified Rossmoor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rossmoor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top