Posted October 26, 2013
We love this little school in Los Alamitos. This school feels like school should feel like. The work is not so challenging that kids and parents are stressed out, but it is challenging in different areas depending on the child. The principal is so nice and friendly and says hello to kids and parents. The vice principal is nice too. The families are friendly and nice too and there are different types of families to choose from to be friends with--some variety in all realms (socio-economic, ethnic, geography, etc). They have PE which is great and really focus on character education. The culture here is so kind and everyone in the administration works with the parents as partners to be successful. Older kids seem so well-mannered by 8th grade and are friendship partners to little ones. Great school of sensitive children and great school for kids who can learn how to be more caring and sensitive.

Posted September 04, 2013
So far so good. People are so nice here. It's such a kind school filled with people who seem like they want to do good in the world and to teach their children how to give back. The kids seem very well-behaved! Curriculum is filled with great things like character education and it's not a push kids at all costs kind of environment which is great.

Posted June 03, 2012
This is our first year at St. Hedwig and we absolutely love this school. We live in Los Alamitos and struggled with the decision on sending our daughter to private school, especially considering that the public schools in our district are amazing. What convinced us to go with St. Hedwig was 1) Only 2 classes per grade, 2) goes through middle school, 3) uniforms, 4) strong academics, 5) the teachings of our Catholic faith, 6) PE, sports and music classes, and finally 7) a REAL library with lots of books - not just a "media center". St. Hedwig is worth every penny of our very modest income. Also, in regards to the comment dated Feb. 8th about kinder students leaving because of the teacher, I can say that the only student who left this year moved out of state. They must be referring to a different year, I guess. In my experience both teachers are attentive and caring. Go Celtics!

Posted May 20, 2012
Great school, principal, and curriculum!! No comparison to public schools. We highly recommend St. Hedwig if you are serious about your children's education.

St. Hedwig Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2012
Great group of parents at this school. The principal and vice-principal, however, not so great. My child's kindergarten teacher - absolutely, not great. I pulled my child out mid-year (another child's parents did the same - their child was in the same kindergarten class) due to this teachers behavior - and the lack of reponse from the principal and vice-principal. I'm glad I did. I expected a higher level of integrity at a private Catholic school, and they just did not deliver. I did not want their influence in my child's life during her most formative years.

Posted February 02, 2012
Fantastic School! Such a loving enviroment for growing children. The families that attend this school are very focus on getting the best, one on one education in every aspect for their children. It is stuning to see the graduating children being super polite, caring and loving individuals. They learn at a very young age to care for others and to make this world a better place for all of us. The humanity its what separates this children from public school. Academically fantastic, my neighbors daughter is graduating Harvad University this spring after attending St Hedwig School! Hands down one of the best schools in Souther California!

Posted September 14, 2010
St. Hedwig has been a godsend for our family! We could not have found a better place for our son and I really credit his teacher, the principal, who I might add has always made us feel warm and welcome, and the other parents! Our son really enjoys going to school each and every day! We could not be happier! He is getting a solid foundation in academics as well as a strong foundation in wonderful morals and values. We would highly recommend this school to everyone!

Posted May 04, 2010
Excellent school! Great choice for our kids.

Posted March 08, 2010
St. Hedwig is a great school. Our children love going to school. It has great academics, great extracurricular activities like kickball, sports, cheerleading, and academic decathlon. Also great music program, advanced math, spanish program, computer program, PE program, and an accelerated reader/library program. It teaches great morals, values and a wonderful religious instruction. We recommend the school to everyone.

St. Hedwig Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
It scares me that the children are getting little supervision on the playground!

St. Hedwig Elementary School
3591 Orangewood Avenue, Los Alamitos, CA  90720
Last modified St. Hedwig Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Hedwig Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top