Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I loved Bullis. It was truly an enriching experience and the friendships I made there have lasted and will continue to last. It was a very warm environment and the teachers even have office hours just so the students can meet with them. The teachers were fantastic. I really recommend this to everyone, it's just a fantastic experience. My academic performance shot upward dramatically. Bullis made me a much better student and was probably the main reason I got straight A's in high school. I loved it there.

I only went to Bullis for one year but it's been my favorite school experience by far. The teachers were all accepting and helpful, and they genuinely cared about the wellbeing of their students. Fellow students were all also very warm and fun to be with and I have made amazing friends while at Bullis. I really enjoyed the teaching styles of the classes and the intersessions were incredibly interesting and enjoyable, and I was able to do a lot of things that most students wouldn't have the opportunity to do at your average public school. Bullis really encourages students to step out of their comfort zone and discover and experiment with new skills. I would definitely recommend going to this school, and if I could relive my own experience, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I loved nearly all of my teachers. Some classes were more difficult than others but it really did help me a lot.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying happens all the time at Bullis, but the teachers think of it as playfulness and ignore it. They won't do anything to prevent bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

If someone is falling behind, they do call a meeting, but the meetings are usually targeted to make the student feel bad instead of planning out what to do.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Again, it's a rich school. They don't understand homelessness and poverty.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers here have their favorites and ignore the rest.

Here is the thing with Bullis: it's a great elementary school, but if you're looking for a middle school, Bullis is not your best bet. I suggest Egan or a local Catholic/private school. When I first came to this school in middle school, I had high hopes considering it was a California Distinguished School and they had their STEAM program, well I can firsthand tell you that this means nothing if you want to get into middle school. Don't get me wrong this may be a great school for others, but from my experience the teachers there have their favorites, which are mostly popular students. There are a few decent teachers, but others pick on new kids and are extremely biased. Also, the kids there are rich. While this may not seem like a bad thing, it actually is. One time a kid brought two large bottles of apple cider that looked extremely sketchy and distributed among his friends making him popular. The worst part is, he never got in trouble. It's basically indicating that if you're rich and have all cool gadgets and whatnot you will be successful. Unless you are going into elementary school, I honestly don't think you should devote your time to this school.

My son has attended BCS for 3 years, from Kinder. My daughter started Kinder this fall. The program is unlike any other school I have visited. BCS has specialist art, drama, language, technology/science teachers that challenge and inspire students of all academic levels. The leadership and vision of the school is based on developing passionate learners! Every teacher I have encountered at BCS is amazing. Lately my son chooses to be in the library after lunch, exploring, instead of playing four square. It's cool to study and want to learn 24/7 and BCS has brought out the love of learning in my children. I would recommend to any parent in the area a close look at this amazing program. Your children will thank you!

There were 17 of us (teachers and staff that left last year). That should be enough especially when residing in a state and area that has a high cost of living and people are looking for work!

Last modified Bullis Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.