507 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

We have been really happy with our children's experience at Montclaire. The teachers are genuinely interested in teaching our children and don't just treat it like it is just a job. Teachers are organized, well round and most of all, very experienced. The parent involvement is incredible and we really feel like we belong to a very strong school community.

We moved our second child from a private school to Montclaire. For the 3rd one, the choice has been obvious from the beginning. The overall sense of community, parents involvement, and volunteering is second to none. Some of the teachers are outstanding. Our kids love the school and are eager to go there every morning. Montclaire went beyond our most optimistic expectations from an elementary school.

My daughter has attended Montclaire since kindergarten and is now in third grade. So far, she has experienced the most amazing teachers and support staff that have gone beyond my expectations as a parent. My daughter has been on an IEP program since first grade. Once an issue of learning disabilities was confirmed, the principle, her teacher, and all members of the IEP staff provided exemplary support to teach my daughter ways to work with her learning issues and gave extra support to me so that I could further the same academic teaching techniques that they were using while working with my daughter on her homework. Montclaire has given my daughter incredible opportunities to succeed - going well beyond what most schools in other districts would offer their students. The most significant aspect of Montclaire is that they do not teach to the test . Instead, the teachers focus their efforts on getting children to think for themselves and find the answers on their own. Montclaire gives our children the foundations for successful academic careers that will benefit them well into their college years.

This is "the best" school due to the awesome parents and their dedication to the kids and the the school. Most of the parents here were academic over achievers "back in the day" (of their time). Most parents tend to be leaders in their community or work. 90% of the families have only one working parent. The non-working parents typically donate their time to the kids+school. Donations through MEF, etc raise over $500K per year. All this makes a recipe for success for the kids + school. Most kids go on to do well later in their education and careers. Most kids go on to Cupertino Middle and Homestead High, the remaining bunch go on to Kennedy Middle and Monte Vista. Both excellent schools. Not relevant to the education or the ratings (in my opinion), but something worth noting, the grounds are okay and in need of updating + bathrooms could use some updating.

My involvement in Montclaire began in 1973. I was a volunteer in my childrens classes for 9 years. The teachers and virtually 100% parent involvment resulted in students that excelled in their advanced educations, professions and family lives. So many of them are still fast friends. Now my grandchildren attend Montclaire and there is the same level of teacher and parental support. The students are happy and love their school, you can't ask for more. Go Tigers!!! o

Great teachers and great kids!!! Keep working with the students and never give up!!

Montclaire School only has the best interst of the kids in mind. It has a community where everyone pitches in and do what they can...for the kids! The teachers are the best of the best. They make learning fun!

This is our second year at Montclaire, and overall, we are happy with the community and quality of education. Parent and community involvement is very high, through the MEF, PTA and other organizations. The physical space is not as nice as some of the other schools in Los Altos (which are in a different district) but it's still pretty good. Class sizes are under 20 for grade 1. I'm not a huge fan of the early bird/late bird kinder system, but it worked out fine for our son and seems pretty common. Overall, a fine school and wonderful community.

My family loves Montclaire! What is very special about this school is the focus on student, faculty, parent and community involvement. My twins attend school here and we are completely happy with the teachers -- Mrs. Kridl and Miss Zaro are their kindergarten teachers. They have found ways to help my children with their self expression, learn to be more independent, challenge their thinking and abilities, learn to develop their social skills and foster a sense of pride in the work they do. They have fun activities for the parents and family to participate and there is strong school spirit and incredible parent involvement. I feel very fortunate that we decided to send them to Montclaire!

Montclaire is an excellent school. Both my kids has graduated from here. Great community, great teachers and supported parents. They have a wonderful boy scout (Pack 501) program which my son and our whole family enjoyed very much. Kids really feel like home in the Montclaire community.

Last modified Montclaire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.