Los Altos, CA

Posted November 08, 2014
I have 2 kids at Almond and this is our 6th year at the school. We absolutely love the strong sense of community, the strong academic curriculum but most of all, we have the most amazing Principal. She is a true leader who inspires her staff and the entire community to want to be their best and she is a wonderful role model for our children. She teaches and models life skills like compassion, perseverence and bravery. We are very proud to call Almond our school!

Almond Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
The parents who just posted before, can you please elabrate what you mean by saying "a small group of people can have so much power and see only their own interests."

Almond Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2014
Hello Great schools, I already send a review, I might like to be more specific and extend. The school needs to change. It has been sad not too se a democratic type of education. I would like to re-write my post. Could I have the previous one that I sent? Thanks

Posted May 22, 2012
Teachers are so good my daughter was in tears when she graduated. Great music and theater program as well as strong academics. Parents are involved as their time permits and have a very strong sense of community. School is very diverse and students are given the opportunity to excel.

Posted June 12, 2011
My children and I love this school. Overall, we have had wonderful and caring teachers. They work hard to help our children learn.

Almond Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2010
Yes, the parent involvement is very high, but I pretty enjoyed it. Not all the teachers are the best for sure. My kids had some bad expirence and hope they can keep the good teachers even they're young. Old doesn't mean good.

Almond Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2010
Our children currently in grade 2 and 3. Teacher quality is shockingly poor. Impressionable kids especially disadvantaged by teachers that are 'tuned out'. Teachers are happy to farm out much of the responsibilities to volunteer parents who become substitute teachers. This is a parent driven school.

Almond Elementary School 3

Posted February 26, 2009
Not nearly as good as I would have expected. Yes, parent involvement is high...a bit too high in our opinion, enough to suffocate the kids' freedom of learning. Also, due to this or may be even despite this some teacher quality is not good, especially is lower grades.

Posted January 16, 2009
My fourth grader and kindergartner are proud to be 'Almonders.' I've been very pleased with my children's teachers every single year they have been at Almond. The Los Altos Educational Foundation (funded by parents) keeps class size to 20 in grades K-3 and provides art, music, and science labs to all grades. I feel that Almond is a family-oriented school, with many parents staying for the 'morning assembly' on Mondays and Fridays to hear the principal's and student council's announcements. Overall, this is a friendly, diverse school with high expectations for its students but also a high level of support from the staff and administration.

Posted April 25, 2008
Parent participation is high. Teachers are excellent and have high expectations for students. Many wonderful fieldtrips like weeklong camps and other overnight trips are offered but are also costly. Teachers and staff are devoted to student success and it is apparent they are willing to do what it takes to help students that struggle. There is no cafeteria, lunch program is run by parents and is expensive - $5/day. There is an ongoing conflict resolution program and when there was an issue with bullying, the school administration involved parents and took a proactive position. Overall, this is an impressive school.

Almond Elementary School
550 Almond Avenue, Los Altos, CA  94022
Last modified Almond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Almond Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top