Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 20, 2016
Mrs. Nguyen goes above and beyond! with great field trips and teaching great STEM skills. wow!! I wish she could be a master teacher, and observe and teach other teachers her super skills.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 20, 2016
The teachers are really nice.Some are incredibly innovative and inspiring. I just haven't seen them stimulate those that excel above others.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 20, 2016
They have project cornerstone which teaches socio-emotional-learning. Though despite this teaching my child was bullied in 2nd grade. "Queen Bee"

Almond Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2016
They rely too heavily on parents volunteers. As more families become 2 income families, this becomes a problem. They are good at stimulating the lowest performers but they let the brightest sit around in boredom. My child has been here 5 years and they keep telling me it will get better, but it hasn't. They do not believe in recognizing achievement. They got rid of the 1 student government position that uses math - the treasurer and instead have 2 social chairs. Their communications system is top down rather than a community/forum. For lunch, they do not recycle. They do not compost. They have an unhealthy food vendor.

Posted November 08, 2014
I have 2 kids at Almond and this is our 6th year at the school. We absolutely love the strong sense of community, the strong academic curriculum but most of all, we have the most amazing Principal. She is a true leader who inspires her staff and the entire community to want to be their best and she is a wonderful role model for our children. She teaches and models life skills like compassion, perseverence and bravery. We are very proud to call Almond our school!

Almond Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2014
The parents who just posted before, can you please elabrate what you mean by saying "a small group of people can have so much power and see only their own interests."

Almond Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2014
Hello Great schools, I already send a review, I might like to be more specific and extend. The school needs to change. It has been sad not too se a democratic type of education. I would like to re-write my post. Could I have the previous one that I sent? Thanks

Posted May 22, 2012
Teachers are so good my daughter was in tears when she graduated. Great music and theater program as well as strong academics. Parents are involved as their time permits and have a very strong sense of community. School is very diverse and students are given the opportunity to excel.

Posted June 12, 2011
My children and I love this school. Overall, we have had wonderful and caring teachers. They work hard to help our children learn.

Almond Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2010
Yes, the parent involvement is very high, but I pretty enjoyed it. Not all the teachers are the best for sure. My kids had some bad expirence and hope they can keep the good teachers even they're young. Old doesn't mean good.

550 Almond Avenue, Los Altos, CA  94022-2312
Last modified Almond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.