Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are really nice.Some are incredibly innovative and inspiring. I just haven't seen them stimulate those that excel above others.

They rely too heavily on parents volunteers. As more families become 2 income families, this becomes a problem. They are good at stimulating the lowest performers but they let the brightest sit around in boredom. My child has been here 5 years and they keep telling me it will get better, but it hasn't. They do not believe in recognizing achievement. They got rid of the 1 student government position that uses math - the treasurer and instead have 2 social chairs. Their communications system is top down rather than a community/forum. For lunch, they do not recycle. They do not compost. They have an unhealthy food vendor.

I have 2 kids at Almond and this is our 6th year at the school. We absolutely love the strong sense of community, the strong academic curriculum but most of all, we have the most amazing Principal. She is a true leader who inspires her staff and the entire community to want to be their best and she is a wonderful role model for our children. She teaches and models life skills like compassion, perseverence and bravery. We are very proud to call Almond our school!

The parents who just posted before, can you please elabrate what you mean by saying "a small group of people can have so much power and see only their own interests."

Hello Great schools, I already send a review, I might like to be more specific and extend. The school needs to change. It has been sad not too se a democratic type of education. I would like to re-write my post. Could I have the previous one that I sent? Thanks

Teachers are so good my daughter was in tears when she graduated. Great music and theater program as well as strong academics. Parents are involved as their time permits and have a very strong sense of community. School is very diverse and students are given the opportunity to excel.

My children and I love this school. Overall, we have had wonderful and caring teachers. They work hard to help our children learn.

Yes, the parent involvement is very high, but I pretty enjoyed it. Not all the teachers are the best for sure. My kids had some bad expirence and hope they can keep the good teachers even they're young. Old doesn't mean good.

Our children currently in grade 2 and 3. Teacher quality is shockingly poor. Impressionable kids especially disadvantaged by teachers that are 'tuned out'. Teachers are happy to farm out much of the responsibilities to volunteer parents who become substitute teachers. This is a parent driven school.

Not nearly as good as I would have expected. Yes, parent involvement is high...a bit too high in our opinion, enough to suffocate the kids' freedom of learning. Also, due to this or may be even despite this some teacher quality is not good, especially is lower grades.

Last modified Almond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.