Los Altos, CA

Posted April 27, 2014
Santa Rita is a truly great school and a great community. Just finished the Los Altos School District Jr. Olympics (http://lasdjo.com/about-1) which is a great example of the unique combination of education, whole student development and community that this school and LASD has to offer. I have 2 kids in 6th and in 4th grade. The teachers have all been really excellent and nuturing with one or two minor exceptions. My kids are both in advanced math and reading and writing well above grade level. The school also offers great extracurriculars like music, art, chess club, flag football, STEM programs, Kahn academy with chromebooks for the students, and cutting edge leadership coaching. But as important is the small neighborhood school that has enabled my family to develop great friendships and have a really fantastic social experience. This latter feature is the one thing that API scores just don't communicate and honestly the folks who select the charter or nearby private schools in general don't really understand and unfortunately never get to experience. We moved to our neighborhood seven years ago and it has been a tremendously positive life changing event for the entire family.

Posted April 15, 2014
Santa Rita is a great school with excellent teachers, parents and students. We moved to this area just for the school and this is the best decision we have ever made. My daughter loves the school, her teacher and has made a lot of good friends in very short period.

Posted September 26, 2013
Santa Rita Elementary School is very nice school, my daughter make an amazing improvement in one year study. Nice teachers, management well, many resources for kids.

Posted September 26, 2013
Classes focus not only on strong academic performance but also on good citizenship, respect and individual accountability.

Posted September 26, 2013
We just moved here from Palo Alto CA which is well known for its excellent schools, and I have to say, we strongly prefer my son's school in Los Altos (Santa Rita). The community here is MUCH more engaged. The school is very well endowed with excellent, passionate teachers and it has a dedicated STEM teacher. There are Google Chrome books for all the kids in my son's 4th grade class, and yet there is way less stress on the kids' faces than we sensed in Palo Alto. This was the best move I've ever made!

Posted March 30, 2013
We have 2 children at Santa Rita and not only are they getting a top notch - extremely top - education but once you attend this school, your family becomes part of this incredible community. The teachers work extremely hard and there is a district wide focus on Innovation in the classroom (see the 60 minutes Khan Academy profile) that is really unique. The teachers receive an extraordinary amount of trainings each year and that training really pays off for our children. The kids receive a well-rounded education on math, reading, art science, with modules in Living Classroom, etc.. My 2 children are thriving here! And my husband and I love the social aspect of the school!

Posted June 08, 2012
We have two kids in Santa Rita and it's a great school. The teachers are very experienced and really care about the kids. The school aims to provide a well-rounded education with equal emphasis on math, science, reading, writing and the arts. The teachers make sure that the advanced kids continue to be challenged while continuing to provide extra help those who need it. The school uses technology extensively and kids are taught how to do their own research for science projects as early as the second grade. In the third grade my son prepared a book report and had to present it to the class with parents invited. He had to create material for the presentation and the teacher video taped the presentation by each child. It was a great experience in public speaking. There is also a lot of emphasis in teaching math in innovative ways. There is a lot of parental involvement in the school with parent volunteers helping out on a regular basis. The entire community is very supportive of all the kids. Is it any wonder that I'm thrilled with the school?

Posted December 06, 2011
Santa Rita is an amazing school filled with loving and caring teachers who are passionate about our children's education! My daughter has been going to Santa Rita for the last two years and everyday, she's excited about school and is eager for learning. She loves the teachers who are willing to put in the extra effort to ensure an A+ education. I LOVE SANTA RITA!

Posted May 04, 2011
Santa Rita is a gem of a school as we benefit from an international student body without sacrificing quality in the classroom. There is a nice balance of very experienced teachers who have been at Santa Rita a long time and those just launching their careers. This mentorship model aids in both directions: the seasoned teachers advise on how to be effective in certain situations while the up and comers bring an innovative mindset. As a parent, I appreciate the insights of the teachers who have raised children themselves. They re adept at providing perspective (which many of us overly-educated parents often lose let s face it). The faculty works together to create an integrated curriculum, where, for example, math, science and English are weaved into one learning unit. For us working parents, there is good onsite care as well as after school programs to extend and/or enrich the school day (e.g. Mandarin, dance, crazy science, etc.). In summary, Santa Rita is a wonderful school if you want your child to benefit from an outstanding public education and you, as a parent, want to be part of the tight knit broader Los Altos School District community.

Santa Rita Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2010
great school - care about kids, listen to parents feedback

Santa Rita Elementary School
700 Los Altos Avenue, Los Altos, CA  94022
Last modified Santa Rita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Rita Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top