K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

My children enjoy the school, teachers and after school activities. My wife and I like that they are really challenged academically and they are gaining a great foundation for successful academic achievement at the high school level. There is nice community of parents here that get involved in different activities and we also like that they instill a positive sense of faith and community as well, so, we feel like we have some really well- rounded children.

Mean Kids!??? Oh without a doubt! I witnessed this up close and personal. Funny thing is (not so funny) the administration is willing to look the other way. There is NO excuse for this type of bullying!

St. Simon is a good school if your child is a good student and has no llearning differences (e.g. dyslexia, sensory processing, organizational skills delays, etc.). The school is not equipped to deal with these issues. Teachers are not trained in this area and students with these issues are ostracized. Some parents try the school for their student who is struggling - but for LD, St. Simon is not the answer.

I have seen mixed reviews about St. Simon. I am now a freshman at St. Francis. Let me just say St. Simon prepared me well. I have seen some people say not so good things about this school, but there's no perfect school, is there? St. Simon has a wonderful staff, strong principal and school leadership, and it will challenge your child academically, and physically. There are after school activities and clubs, as well as sports to play. All the parents help out the school by doing yard duty, helping at the book fair, or in the health office. The Catholic part of this school also is admirable. Students will go to Mass every other Wednesday, and the fifth graders form a choir at school Masses. For me, school was fun, and I loved all my teachers and friends. So for all of you out there who say, "My child learned nothing!" or "Kids bully everyone!" You can believe what you like, but I am saying I will never forget this school. It prepares you for life and I am proud to be a Saint Simon Saint.

We moved to St. Simon from a public school when my kids were in the lower grades. I couldn't be happier with the community and academics. It is a very safe, caring environment. My kids are very happy there and I have seen a big improvement with them socially. What I love best about St. Simon is the fact that the majority of the other families at the school share our family's values. I really feel I could count on so many families at the school to turn to if I needed help. It is a wonderful school with a fantastic community.

If you are looking for a diverse environment. This is not the right place. And the academic is not that great. Besides my son was being bullied all the times.

In response to the post from June 2, 20111: I think the reason for the kids to be mean is that they are placed in huge classrooms even in the earliest grades. They have 35 children per class in lower grades with one full time teacher. They have one part time aide who is shared between two classes. I don't think "cliquishness" is to blame, even though I agree it does exist. Teachers are simply overwhelmed and the children feel that.

I found the children, at a very young age, to be somewhat mean to other kids. There is a cliqueiness here that shows up very early on. Perhaps it comes from the parents....So much for Christian ways.

As a parent, I am happy with the experience and academic challenge my children are receiving at St. Simon's. My daughter runs in to her class and loves school. Her teacher is like a second Mom and revels in her success. All with the exception of one old teacher (grade 6) the middle school has also proven to be challenging while creating opportunity for personal growth and leadership. The teachers are engaged, lead extra curricular activities, integrate technology, and are innovative in they way they approach the classroom. My middle school student is thriving. We moved from the Cupertino Schools from an environment that stresses academics only, to a learning environment which has a strong emphasis on academics but also places value on the growth and personal development required for students to excel at the next level. Also, the principal and vice principal are responsive and engaged. I had heard mixed reviews - but cannot say enough good things about all of the people that make this school what it is. The teachers are impressive.

Last modified St. Simon Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8