Los Altos, CA

Posted February 16, 2013
This is wonderful school. The staff and faculty are very caring and hold the well-being of every child highly. They work hard to meet the needs of all the students, and assess regularly (in a fun manner) the children and teachers to make sure they are succeeding. Though Waldorf schools seem to be known for their art & music curriculum, it has strong academics, too, it's just not taught in the usual bland manner. This school has a strong parent-participatory community. This is not our first Waldorf experience so though we do believe strongly in the educational philosophy, I am aware not all schools are created equally. I can say with confidence this school is very healthy and works hard at staying so. We are so grateful to have found WSP for our children and family.

Posted February 03, 2012
I personally went to this school from 5th through 8th grade and I'm currently now in there High school. I have learned so much in the years I have been going to this school. This school is completely different from public school. I love this school and I know that anyone who comes will love it also. In my opinion this school has the best education around.

Waldorf School Of The Peninsula 4

Posted October 16, 2010
Waldorf staff and teachers are caring, dedicated, and responsive to the needs of their students. They foster and encourage learning and curiosity. The student develops both mentality, spiritually, and physically.

Posted September 21, 2010
If you are looking for an alternative to a mainstream school this is definitely an alternative. It is a participatory school, so if you like to volunteer in activities in your child's classroom or for the community this would be a perfect option. The strengths of the system lie in the liberal arts emphasis, the call for creativity, and a strong maths program in the middle school.

Posted July 03, 2006
My child went to WSP from kindergarten through 2nd grade. We then moved away. For years our child mourned the loss of his beloved WSP. We loved the teachers, the staff and his class. We have since been involved with several other Waldorf Schools elsewhere, but no other so successfully embraces the love and respect for others that this one does. They also truly desire to have a diverse community and show this by embracing other cultures, colors and lifestyles. The devotion that the entire school community expresses towards the wellbeing of every child is a gift that your child will carry through their life. While I too was concerned because I wasn't sure my child was learning enough to be successful in more mainstream schools, I worried for naught. My child is on the honor roll, taking honors classes and thriving at a rigorously academic middle school.

Posted January 07, 2006
This school is one of the best school for early childhood. My daughter is in preschool now, and teacher is amazing. Very child centered, and the classroom is a sunctuary. My conceren is about higher graders. I would say, it would depends on a teacher, since one teacher take care of child whole 8 years (From 1st through 8th grade.)

Posted August 14, 2005
I cannot recommend this school any higher for care and attention to child development (intellectual, spiritual, emotional) and support in nurturing confident, compassionate, independent, mature and healthy individuals who are ready to fulfill an active and responsible role in society.

Posted April 12, 2005
I am very happy with this school for my children. I provides an alternative, holistic approach to education. As well as strong academics, the school provides arts, movement, music, handwork, gardening and games, all woven into the curriculum in a way that is appropriate for the child's age. Tests are not imposed on the children and there is certainly no teaching to the tests. Tests are only done to give the teachers and parents an indication of where the child falls relative to what their standard should be at that point. There is one class per grade, very strong sense of community. The teachers are incredibly dedicated to their role, and commit to stay with the same class all the way through from 1st to 8th grade. As a result, the teacher knows each child very well, and can act almost as a third parent during the storms of adolescence.

11311 Mora Drive, Los Altos, CA  94024
Last modified Waldorf School Of The Peninsula is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Waldorf School Of The Peninsula Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top