Los Angeles, CA

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
Redeemer is a huge disappointment to my family. When the kindergarten teacher and principal were fired this year (2014/2015), the school tanked. They were fired because the school has financial issues (enrollment is low) and to prevent from closing their doors, they fired staff, trying to save money. The current kindergarten teacher is like a drill sergeant and doesn't really understand how to work with young children. She would do better at a high school, the military or a juvenile detention center. From the moment you walk through the doors, everything is outdated and books are so used and old, they now look like shredded papers. This school will never admit fault, always pointing the finger at parents, which has resulted in us simply leaving. Working together should be the goal. Unfortunately, it's not. Most parents have already found new schools to attend in the Fall. Redeemer won't have a complete head count until school starts in September. Thank God we got into another school and won't be left wondering.

Posted May 08, 2015
Redeemer is a family place. Redeemer's foundation is God and kindness. Every teacher has been at Redeemer. It feels great to walk into school year after year and see familiar faces. Not a lot of turn over. One of my children was fortunate enough to have Mrs Gray and she is an absolute gem. I am sorry the previous parent had such a poor experience with her. She requires excellence and our children can give that. I applaud Mrs Gray for sticking to her expectations and not changing as times change. Yes the school could used some maintenance but I would rather money be funneled into programming .As a family we enjoy the family feel of all the events. Full disclosure: Cons It would be nice to have a phone system so teachers can leave phone messages for parents I would like to see more technology used on a daily basis Carpool line gets backed up

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2015
Redeemer is an administrative disappointment. Since the pastor of the church replaced the former principal, unprofessionalism has become the norm. One of many examples, I emailed my child s teacher about a concern that I had. My child came home and told me that the principal/pastor made a comment to a school employee, in front of my child about how he had received hate mail. There was nothing hateful in my comments to the teacher, and to conveniently make the comment right in front of my child is very sad and ungodly, and resembles bullying. If you are a parent who advocates for your child, be prepared to hear a lot of excuses and defensiveness. Redeemer is never wrong. Oh, as for Godly values, the comment made by the principal/pastor about my email to a teacher speaks volumes about how the school has been running since the beloved, former principal left.

Posted March 25, 2015
When you hear that Redeemer is a hidden gem, it's so true. How could a school this special be so under the radar?! Perhaps we are lucky that it isn't overrun with 40 kids per class. It's one of the only schools you will find where EVERYONE knows each other, if not by name then by face at least; parents included. Kids from the smallest to the tallest happily greet each other in the hallways. You may see an alum coming to pick up their sibling and chatting with the teachers. One of my most important requirement of a school is that it have that feeling of "family" and Redeemer more than encompasses that value. The kids my children hang out with are kids I LIKE and TRUST. They aren't fast and grown before their time. These kids are grateful, humble, hardworking, dedicated, HONEST, NICE, SMART, KIND). WONDERFUL SCHOOL!

Posted March 06, 2015
This is an amazing school with great staff and kids love the Christian background they are receiving it's really a great school come check out a tour for your child soon.

Posted January 26, 2015
I have been a parent at Redeemer Elementary for 6 years. I remember the day I walked in and took a tour for my daughter entering Kindergarten. Redeemer is a small school with an incredibly large heart. The warmth and caring of each of the staff is beyond measure. Each staff member from Mr. Ruben who takes care of the cleaning and maintenance, to each of the Grade teachers, to Mrs. Carey, who looks after every single soul at Redeemer, you can tell it is more than a job to them, it is their calling. The teachers and staff work together to benefit the children and ensure they grow in their faith as well as academically. I am blessed to have my second child in her 2nd year with Redeemer and I know that under this school s guidance she will continue to blossom into the beautiful child God and I want her to be.

Posted January 23, 2015
We have had all FOUR of our children not only enjoy Redeemer School but look back on it as the most special time of their lives. While we value the breadth of options of public schools, private schools, and home-schooling, after 13 years we believe that Redeemer carries in its very DNA, a unique combination of Academic Discipline that helps every student become the student they need to be to succeed in the years to come Natural respect in which respect for teachers and fellow students is not so much a battle of authority but rather a way of life that serves everyone. Genuine spirituality where kids actually experience God s love for them and the whole world .with all the fun that such a reality should bring Organic diversity in which all races are so naturally friends they will never feel natural about life being any other way. Community care in which a child knows they belong at the deepest part of their being Grateful Parents who truly want others to be as blessed

Posted January 19, 2015
After having two boys attend Redeemer since Summer 2010 and having experienced every teacher TK-5th, I feel confident in saying that Redeemer can surpass the needs of a variety of families and learners for so many reasons that cannot be captured in words. There is a sound academic curriculum in line with State standards in addition to annual standardized testing. But what you feel and appreciate is the small school community in which the humble, accessible, responsive, accommodating, spirited, and energetic staff and teachers embrace every family and child and appreciate each child for who s/he is. My boys don t like to leave school, begging to stay in afterschool care. And my children aren t the only ones who don t want to leave the school, as you routinely encounter Redeemer alumni and/or their parents on campus and at Redeemer events. The children are celebrated, and their confidence is bolstered through platforms to showcase their talents and abilities. The children feel loved and safe at school and create and participate in student-led performances. Redeemer s events and performances are like no other. When Redeemer does something, they do it right!

Posted January 17, 2015
I truly have been blessed to have my daughter at Redeemer Elementary School! I cannot imagine her establishing and gaining educational roots as young student anywhere else. It is such an awesome testimony how I found out about the school. One night I was looking for a school for my daughter and I came across the Redeemer s website. I thought to myself I wish there was a school in Los Angeles like this . Well I then looked on the website to find out where the school was located and it said LOS ANGELES! I was pleasantly surprised! The next morning my mom and I were at the front doors of the school and my daughter has been enrolled there ever since. The quality education provided, the attention and genuine love and care that every teacher and faculty member has for the students is invaluable. I highly recommend Redeemer Elementary School!

Posted January 14, 2015
I was referred to Redeemer during my pregnancy of my now 7 year son who is in the 2nd grade. A bible believing, God focused school equals excellent academics, enriched children who are loving, kind and overall will make a huge difference in our society when they grow up well beyond Redeemer. This school is filled with heart felt and generous teachers, warm & organized administration, and a daycare staff that is bar-none the best! I am so happy that we are apart of the Redeemer family!

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School
10792 National Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90064
Last modified Redeemer Baptist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Redeemer Baptist Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top