Los Angeles, CA

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School 1

Posted April 01, 2015
Redeemer is an administrative disappointment. Since the pastor of the church replaced the former principal, unprofessionalism has become the norm. One of many examples, I emailed my child s teacher about a concern that I had. My child came home and told me that the principal/pastor made a comment to a school employee, in front of my child about how he had received hate mail. There was nothing hateful in my comments to the teacher, and to conveniently make the comment right in front of my child is very sad and ungodly, and resembles bullying. If you are a parent who advocates for your child, be prepared to hear a lot of excuses and defensiveness. Redeemer is never wrong. Oh, as for Godly values, the comment made by the principal/pastor about my email to a teacher speaks volumes about how the school has been running since the beloved, former principal left.

Posted March 06, 2015
This is an amazing school with great staff and kids love the Christian background they are receiving it's really a great school come check out a tour for your child soon.

Posted January 26, 2015
I have been a parent at Redeemer Elementary for 6 years. I remember the day I walked in and took a tour for my daughter entering Kindergarten. Redeemer is a small school with an incredibly large heart. The warmth and caring of each of the staff is beyond measure. Each staff member from Mr. Ruben who takes care of the cleaning and maintenance, to each of the Grade teachers, to Mrs. Carey, who looks after every single soul at Redeemer, you can tell it is more than a job to them, it is their calling. The teachers and staff work together to benefit the children and ensure they grow in their faith as well as academically. I am blessed to have my second child in her 2nd year with Redeemer and I know that under this school s guidance she will continue to blossom into the beautiful child God and I want her to be.

Posted January 23, 2015
We have had all FOUR of our children not only enjoy Redeemer School but look back on it as the most special time of their lives. While we value the breadth of options of public schools, private schools, and home-schooling, after 13 years we believe that Redeemer carries in its very DNA, a unique combination of Academic Discipline that helps every student become the student they need to be to succeed in the years to come Natural respect in which respect for teachers and fellow students is not so much a battle of authority but rather a way of life that serves everyone. Genuine spirituality where kids actually experience God s love for them and the whole world .with all the fun that such a reality should bring Organic diversity in which all races are so naturally friends they will never feel natural about life being any other way. Community care in which a child knows they belong at the deepest part of their being Grateful Parents who truly want others to be as blessed

Posted January 19, 2015
After having two boys attend Redeemer since Summer 2010 and having experienced every teacher TK-5th, I feel confident in saying that Redeemer can surpass the needs of a variety of families and learners for so many reasons that cannot be captured in words. There is a sound academic curriculum in line with State standards in addition to annual standardized testing. But what you feel and appreciate is the small school community in which the humble, accessible, responsive, accommodating, spirited, and energetic staff and teachers embrace every family and child and appreciate each child for who s/he is. My boys don t like to leave school, begging to stay in afterschool care. And my children aren t the only ones who don t want to leave the school, as you routinely encounter Redeemer alumni and/or their parents on campus and at Redeemer events. The children are celebrated, and their confidence is bolstered through platforms to showcase their talents and abilities. The children feel loved and safe at school and create and participate in student-led performances. Redeemer s events and performances are like no other. When Redeemer does something, they do it right!

Posted January 17, 2015
I truly have been blessed to have my daughter at Redeemer Elementary School! I cannot imagine her establishing and gaining educational roots as young student anywhere else. It is such an awesome testimony how I found out about the school. One night I was looking for a school for my daughter and I came across the Redeemer s website. I thought to myself I wish there was a school in Los Angeles like this . Well I then looked on the website to find out where the school was located and it said LOS ANGELES! I was pleasantly surprised! The next morning my mom and I were at the front doors of the school and my daughter has been enrolled there ever since. The quality education provided, the attention and genuine love and care that every teacher and faculty member has for the students is invaluable. I highly recommend Redeemer Elementary School!

Posted January 14, 2015
I was referred to Redeemer during my pregnancy of my now 7 year son who is in the 2nd grade. A bible believing, God focused school equals excellent academics, enriched children who are loving, kind and overall will make a huge difference in our society when they grow up well beyond Redeemer. This school is filled with heart felt and generous teachers, warm & organized administration, and a daycare staff that is bar-none the best! I am so happy that we are apart of the Redeemer family!

Posted January 12, 2015
I wish I could give this school 10 stars. I dreamed of a good education that is Christ centered in the middle of CA. I grew up in the midwest and I didn't know if in LA I could find people with the same values of excellent academics and lots of moral leadership plus uneding love. What Kindergarden teacher takes a kid to disneyland during summer break just to give the mom a hand on a day I was overwhelmed? That is what Redeemer is like..it's family. I think my daugther is being challenged in all the right areas but also guided to make good decisions from a biblical point of view. Her class has 11 kids and there is not a "click" feel to the school in any way. I could go on for pages but all I can say is if you're looking for an education that is a diamond in the rough..try this school. You won't be sorry.

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2014
Enrollment at RBE has dropped dramatically this year. Shortly after school started, the principal and others were let go, "due to financial reasons." I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Our family did not return this year due to bullying in the current 6th grade class. This behavior went unchecked the entire 5th grade year, even after LAPD visited the school. I had hoped my child would graduate from RBE, but it was not meant to be. Don't be fooled by the "Christian banner," a lot of the staff publicly ridicule the students and embarrass them. I didn't get a "What Would Jesus Do?" feel at the school last year, and from what I hear, since the passing of the beloved Mrs. Ridgeway, the sixth grade has loss its academic vigor, due to the immaturity of the current 6th grade teacher. If you are considering RBE take a very close look, and see if you can find a current family to speak to you candidly. Also, academically, be prepared to supplement. I think RBE was a gem... many years ago.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 25, 2014
I'm a Nana to one of the most wonderful Redeemer Elementary School Students, A-III. This school is a perfect fit for him. The Common Core Curriculum is used at Reedemer to ensure my grandson gets the best education possible. The environment is a well balanced one and imagine a people friendly school. This iis is what I've observed a s a Nana to A-III, his daily experience is ...arrive at school, welcomed, enter his classroom into the well educated arms if a teacher who cares about your child, during school loved by all staff, even in the yard safety is first there, the students are well behaved...can you imagine? After school care... The Best...the school grounds are well kept, everything is always in working order... No work orders to put in...and Mrs. Carey, what an absolute Diamond... Just a wonderful school Administrator, and guess what she's always smiling. Do you know of another school such as... Redeemer Elemenrary School. Too good to be true? Why nor visit and experience how a school should be. School perfection! With Nana, for A-III, 4th

Redeemer Baptist Elementary School
10792 National Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90064
Last modified Redeemer Baptist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Redeemer Baptist Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top