Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 13, 2013
I'm so lucky to have found Page. You can't beat the hours (6:30-6:30) and the pricing (about $1,100/mo) for the quality. They start at age 2 and go up to 5th grade. They have amazing outdoor play areas, all kinds of activities available either in class, such as music, art, Spanish, gardening, swimming, and after school programs such as advanced art, cooking, piano, dance, etc. There are field trips, and a lot of fun summer activities. The administration is awesome, so kind, personable, and professional. The teachers are very involved, supportive, and really focus on creating a positive environment. I've learned a lot of great parenting skills just from learning how the teachers work with the kids. My daughter's in PreK, and the curriculum is strong, but not overwhelming, and it respects their intelligence while allowing plenty of organized and free play as well. There is such a diverse group of families across many racial backgrounds, a lot of working parents, and just overall good, normal people; it creates a great culture for the school. Page schools are all slightly different, and Larchmont seems a tad bit better than BH on multiple levels. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted October 16, 2012
great academics, really friendly environmental. Both my kids love their respective teachers and the ones they had in the previous years (4th year at Page). Extra activities, play grounds, pool, field trips etc. We are very happy and we will continue at Page-Larchmont.

Posted June 12, 2012
My twin boys have been going to Page since they were three. Next year they will enter first grade. They absolutely love the school. And when one was struggling this year, we were able to sit down with his teacher and the principal and devise a plan of attack to help him out. He has made tremendous improvement since then. Page is a small school with a wonderful ethnic diversity and a family-type atmosphere that stresses traditional academics (the three R's) while offering lots of play time and playground areas. The school also tests well, and a year ago one child went directly from Page (8th grade) to college. And while I would not recommend this jump to anyone, it certainly shows me that the school was able to keep up with this child's curiousity for learning, and that they never hit an academic ceiling. If you want a small, hands-on school for your child that is suprisingly affordable, I recommend Page.

Posted April 30, 2012
I can see the lack of honesty in the reviews posted immediately after mine.(on April 3 and 4) They wanted the stars not the truth to be posted. Why don't we see test scores? This is how we teach children to be honest !

Posted April 04, 2012
My children have attended Page school for the last 5 years. My kids rank a grade level higher in their state testing, they have study hall with their teachers after school, taking an interest in their homework and instilling study habits. At the end of each school year, my kids have bonded with each of their teachers and connects. Every teacher has taken an active role in mentoring my kids. For working professionals that want a higher education for their children, Page school is the place. Most schools in LA only go to 5th or 6th grade, Page is through 8th grade, this is a huge plus in the school portfolio for Los Angeles. The teachers and administrative staff will assist you in securing a high school and your child's transition can be smooth based upon their higher level of learning.

Posted April 04, 2012
great school, great teachers. class sizes are small, but that is a plus. many teachers and administrators have been there for 10+ years, and that is a real plus. If you are trying to figure out how to negotiate elementary and middle school...go to Page Private in Larchmont, they solve that problem!

Posted April 03, 2012
This school is small, and has been another home for my children for the past three years (since pre-school). The staff, students and their parents are like family to us. The campus is big and has four separate playgrounds dedicated to different grades, for safe play. They even have an outdoor swimming pool that is used in the summer. This is definitely a high achieving school and the students are challenged to push themselves. The reward is that most are testing a grade higher in reading and math. My own children felt pressured at first, but now they are motivated and eager to do well. If you're two working parents, like my husband and I, they offer care before and after school hours, which has been a tremendous help. Arts are lacking (hence the four stars not five), but they do have a computer lab and after school options for arts and crafts and cooking. Spanish is introduced as early as Pre-K, and basketball, volleyball and soccer are played, as well as P.E. classes with the coach (everyone loves Coach Shepherd!). We love this school and feel that it will only get better :)

Posted July 19, 2011
My son attended this school for four years- each year, the level of education and overall quality plummeted until we elected to take him out. The costs were increasing and the school had every indication of failure. In addition to their desperate appeals for money, they charged a whopping $500 each year for books, which were not only several years old, but used from previous students, all of which are required to return them at the end of the year.This school is in trouble, and the actions of the staff support this unfortunate circumstance in every regard.

Posted July 19, 2011
I have sent all 3 of my children to Page Private School and I love it. It may seem expensive but if you compare all the private schools in the LA area, it compares. They are very accomodating and willing to work with you. The teachers and academics are great. All of my children and their friends went to the top private high schools, such as Marlborough and Loyola. Now I have a niece who attends Page and the family environment is still the same. Small class sizes provides individual attention and they continue to offer music, dance, spanish, art, computer, and P.E. classes. The hours are great for working parents: 6:30am-6:30pm and they go on field trips every month...need I say more?

Posted August 10, 2010
What happened to this school? My older child attended this school a few years ago and it was real nice. I enrolled my younger child and I see big changes within the staff. The school does not seem the same. I see very few students and teachers do not look happy. I heard the son of the owner is not longer there, he even took his daughter out and put her in a public school. The Assistant Director got fired and many of the good teachers left or got fired. Some unhappy parents told me the school is going down and many of the students left or are leaving. I am going to start looking for another school. I don t like what I see now. I am not willing to take a chance with the education of my child. The rumors are overwhelming. I heard parent involvement is down to 0.

Page Private-Hancock Park
565 North Larchmont Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90004
Last modified Page Private-Hancock Park is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Page Private-Hancock Park Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top