Posted June 29, 2015
Overall, my family and I love this school. My sister is an alumni who graduated from the high school two years ago and went on to UC Davis. Ribet prepared her for the rigorous academic structure that was ahead. Additionally my daughter attending Ribet for several years and was on too sad to leave, but was accepted to a performing arts dance school that Ribet's diverse dance program strengthened her for. Lastly, my son has been attending the Red Barn pre-school since he was 2 1/2 years old, we absolutely love this school and considering that my kids often spent more than 9 hours a day here it is an extension of home to us. The teachers and management staff are open to communicating and coordinating with parents to best meet each child's needs. They are consistent in there learning programs, while still managing to include fun filled activities that my children have LOVED participating in. Most importantly, I love that it is a pre-k through high school program that my child can grow into, it really takes the guess work out of having to look into different school; its an all-in-one school that stands above the rest.

Posted June 25, 2015
It was a great experience that we have with Ribet and my child loves it there. The school have a good curriculum, and good students. What I really like with Ribet is they see potentials in every student and they help them to be great with their strong suit.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
Now my son will be on 8th grade and he loves Ribet, students, teacher and staff members. It's a great school that focus student to their study, sports and other academia that will prepare them to higher education.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 25, 2015
They gave just right amount of homework that the student can do at home without being overwhelmed

Posted June 25, 2015
When my son transfer to Ribet in 2013 as a 6th grader, it was so warmth as soon as you step into the property and we were welcomed by a teacher and a student and tour us to the school and meet the whole staff.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 22, 2015
This school does so much to make the kids understand that being honest and having integrity should be their number one priority.

Posted June 17, 2015
I have explored with various types of schools within the Los Angeles County area. From public school to private schools. Private schools that included religion based studies. Of all four types I have experienced for my children, I have found that Ribet excells in providing an overall academic curriculum. This includes studies in fine arts like music and art. The administration has been helpful and understanding with accommodating all my needs. Overall, I have had a great experience with Ribet Academy.

Posted June 15, 2015
My son has been at Ribet since Kindergarten, and will be entering the sixth grade next year. Sometimes I cannot believe how much he loves his school. He actually gets excited about going every day, and never ever wants to miss a day. He loves his teachers and has never once had an issue with being bullied. All the kids from different grades play with each other during lunch, which is rare these days, and pretty special. It's a tight knit community at Ribet, because everyone really makes an effort to make it feel that way. I also really love that they don't overload the students with homework. The fundamentals of math was instilled since first grade. There's a big emphasis on reading and comprehension, which I love. They also have a great science fair each year. I feel very confident that my son is learning everything he would need to learn in order to attend the college of his choice when the time comes. Bottom line - the education your child gets at Ribet is an excellent one; well rounded, with a nice balance of art and music to boot. They have a great staff of educators, whose aim is to sculpt a brilliant future for your child.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory 4

Posted June 02, 2015
I came across this site by chance as I was looking up end of the year activities for my son who's a junior at Ribet. To say that it's been a battle with him academically would be an understatement, but I have to honestly say that has changed this semester. My son has been under the tutelage of the Drama Teacher, Mr. Costello. Since then my son has communicated more with me than he has in his whole time in High School. He's excited when he comes home, and it's changed his whole outlook on school. In my conversations with Mr. Costello my opinion of Ribet has changed, because they have invested in someone who cares about the students not only because their drama students but because they are students who need guidance and motivation. Mr. Costello not only motivates the students, but he also gets the parents excited, something I haven't seen in a long time. Job well done Ribet.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 02, 2015
I would say they are on the right track, however there are a few teachers I feel are not reaching the students like a true teacher would.

2911 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Ribet Academy College Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ribet Academy College Preparatory Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 125 reviews. Top