Posted May 02, 2015
Facilities are very outdated. Sure, classes are small, but too small IMO. According to this website, 415 kids in the whole school. This is a Pre-k through 12 school. That averages out to about 30 kids per grade if you assume there are 25 pre-k kids. This gets to be pretty troublesome once you start high school, which are the smallest grades in the school, I think less than 100 kids are in the entire high school. That means every class can't get taught every year and sometimes you can't get the classes you want. Here is my advice: Do heavy, heavy research before choosing to go to this school. Find out if the classes that the administration highlights (Marine Biology, Debate, etc) will actually be available to your child every year. Get a schedule of the AP classes that will be taught to your child before enrolling and have the school put down in writing that your child will actually get to take those courses. Get a teacher roster and find out the tenure of the teachers and how many of the teachers are certified. Then, compare that to other nearby schools and make your own decision.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 29, 2015
We have had our 2 children at Ribet for 7 school years now. Our experience at Ribet continues getting better every year. Our children have maintained straight A's every semester and have tested high in the ISEE's. Our daughter recently was awarded a bronze medal, competing against more than 150 students from different schools, at the Los Angeles County Science and Engineering Fair. There, she was selected as a candidate for Broadcom MASTERS Program of Society for Science and the Public. A prestigious achievement awarded to a very select few. Our daughter is currently in 8th grade and our son, in 6th. Our son is also a well rounded student who has exceled in his studies and sports. We have no intention of going anywhere else. Both our children are very engaged with their studies and we owe this to their teachers. One of the most important traits of this school is that the faculty and administration are extremely approachable and maintain an open door policy. It is hard to find a good school where both parents and children are happy..... Thankfully, we found ours. I highly recommend this school!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 29, 2015
We have a great experience at this school. Class sizes are small and the teachers have been excellent. Our children have been excelling and seem to be well on their way to being very well prepared for college. The teachers are very attentive and are very open to both students and parents. I couldn't recommend this school more.

Posted April 29, 2015
Rib t is a great school. The teachers are amazing and care about our kids. The year we transferred our son to Rib t, I remember asking him what he did at recess. He said he and his classmates were quizzing each other before their test. I love the diversity Rib t has to offer. Great school!

Posted April 17, 2015
I started at Ribet in 8th grade and graduated here from high school. I was awarded several awards and was involved in a good number of their extra curriculars. That being said, this was a terrible school. The so-called counselor was not helpful during the critical junior and senior years while I blindly figured out the college application process. During summer school, the math T.A. got frustrated with me and laughed, "Oh my God, how old are you again?" This among other humiliating memories. Two years ago, when I got my teaching credential, I interviewed for an elementary position. After going through the entire hiring process, I was granted the position. Right before the open house, the job was rudely pulled out from under me by phone call, and, according to the administrator who had done so, was given to another alumni. Fortunately, I am now a second-year teacher in a Title I school in a farming community, where I know I matter. I know now that Ribet is an unprofessional environment with low quality education and a facade of excellence. Terrible business.

Posted February 09, 2015
Worst school on the world! Students use offensive language in front of teachers. Poor quality education. Refuse to refund students wanting to leave. Inferior education. Oversized classes students have to stand against the wall due to lack of space. Rude admin staff. Claim they own students
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 09, 2015
My daughter is an international student who passed grade 9. She started school in the second semester. My daughter was told that she had to repeat grade 9 for 1 semester. After paying $26 000 for one semester we were horrified to see what was on offer. As core subjects they offered art, drama, dancing and English as a second language. Our home language is English. We opted to leave the school. The teachers were mostly unavailable for lessons. Students use vulgar language. In U.S. history class there were no desks available for her. They had to stand against the wall. A nearby Christian school accepted her for grade 10 after assessment. When the host mother went to Ribet to get my daughter's transfer documents & refund they refused to give it & told my daughter she had no right leaving the school because they own her. They told her that she couldn t be promoted to grade 10 because she didn t pass grade 9 in the U.S? They attacked the host mother & told her to evict my daughter. She has a contract with them & shouldn t accept a student who is no longer @ their school. They told her that they Owned her too. She refused to evict my daughter. They keep students by refusing refunds

Posted August 31, 2014
We came to this school from a, top 100 public school, that only teaches to state tests. The quality of education my daughter has received is well rounded. Her classes are very challenging and the students seriousness about education is positive. We have the #1 math student in the nation and have won many science awards. The athletic programs ares on the rise. The girls basketball team won CIF, the girls volleyball team made it to the CIF playoffs. If you want bougie, this is not the place to go. This is not a fancy private school that WOWs you because of all of it s amenities, it s average. What they do have is a lot of support to be successful in the classroom. What you get out of an education, is what you are willing to put in. I don't place too much emphasis on "teacher credentials", because I have known way too many "credentialed teachers" who are horrible. I look at quality not quantity and my daughters SAT scores say quality . Ribet is in the "business" of teaching students and timely tuition payments are necessary. Being several months late on tuition could cause your child to loose privileges. This is a private school, not a public school.

Posted August 26, 2014
This school is awesome! Best place to work, best students to work with! Love my job!!
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 12, 2014
Worst school ever! We all make fun of this supposed academy up here in Mt Washington. Yes, I have tried the school... Yuck.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory
2911 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Ribet Academy College Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ribet Academy College Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top