Ribet Academy College Preparatory 4

Posted June 02, 2015
I came across this site by chance as I was looking up end of the year activities for my son who's a junior at Ribet. To say that it's been a battle with him academically would be an understatement, but I have to honestly say that has changed this semester. My son has been under the tutelage of the Drama Teacher, Mr. Costello. Since then my son has communicated more with me than he has in his whole time in High School. He's excited when he comes home, and it's changed his whole outlook on school. In my conversations with Mr. Costello my opinion of Ribet has changed, because they have invested in someone who cares about the students not only because their drama students but because they are students who need guidance and motivation. Mr. Costello not only motivates the students, but he also gets the parents excited, something I haven't seen in a long time. Job well done Ribet.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 02, 2015
I would say they are on the right track, however there are a few teachers I feel are not reaching the students like a true teacher would.

Posted May 31, 2015
My 11th grade daughter loves Ribet. She came when she was a sophomore, coming from a huge public school. The people and environment is superb: feeling welcomed, doesn't seem snobby, and you feel like a family. I believe that private school isn't for every student, but if your child doesn't care about popularity then definitely come here. There are no cliques and everyone accepts one another. There are also a whole bunch of activities to do such as: varsity sports, performing arts, leadership, and clubs to join. The teachers will give you all the attention you need, staying after school just to help you. The campus might not look the best, but in the inside, the people and the environment is a reason why you should come to Ribet.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory 4

Posted May 28, 2015
My daughter is in Jr. High there and like any school there's good and bad to it. The school has some incredible teachers, my daughter has struggled with math her whole life and Mr. Watkins has done a tremendous job making sure she understands everything before they go on. Some things have been said about admin on here and while there are a few that need a lot of work, Mr. Dailey and Mrs. Adams have been completely transparent and honest with me and my husband. I believe in all sincerity that they have my child's best interest in mind. One of the most important things that I see as a parent is that my daughter is excited to come home and talk about her day. Whether that's because of Mr. Watkins, Mrs. M (can't think of her name) or Mr. Costello who has transformed that performing arts department into something that will continue to grow based on his enthusiasm and excitement he instills in the students he works with. There are still some glaring issues with certain teachers, choices that are made at Ribet, and facilities that need upgrades so I'm not sure if we will be back for High School, but that's a year away. We will have to see how things continue to change next year. Until then I look forward to what Ribet has in store.

Posted May 22, 2015
Both of my children are currently enrolled in Ribet Academy. My son has been attending since he was in Pre-K and he is now entering 3rd grade. My daughter started in Pre- K as well, and is now going into 1st grade. The great experiences I have had with this school is endless. Each one of my childrens teachers have been amazing and contributed to their success they have had thus far. The teachers are always available to hear any and all concerns and keep parents in the loop of communications with any challenges your child may experience. There are dedicated teacher at this school that care about the success and well being of their students. I recommend this school to anyone considering it. Ribet is currently undergoing remodling to its campus and expanding on their sports curriculum.

Posted May 19, 2015
Ribet Academy goes above and beyond for all its students and parents. My son has developed academically and socially in such a way it's unbelievable. I look forward to my son attending Ribet throughout his elementary and high school years.

Posted May 15, 2015
Ribet is an excellent school that offers the arts, as well as being educationally challenging preparing the students for college. They also teach life skills like responsibility, respect and kindness. I have been impressed with how quickly they handle any issues that arise and resolve those issues to everyone's satisfaction. I highly recommend it to any parent interested in a high quality education for their children.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory 1

Posted May 15, 2015
Had a very poor experience here. Administration remarkably unresponsive, and seems not particularly interested in the welfare of the students. I echo the comments of an earlier poster. This is a business first and foremost. Your child only gets to go to school for 13 years. Look closely and don't make a hasty decision. That's what we did and we lived to regret it. Our entire family is much happier after my child switched to another nearby school.

Posted May 12, 2015
My son is a student at Ribet. The administration office staff members are always available, helpful, and supportive that makes us feel welcomed at all times. We like that the school keeps the classroom size small to ensure every student is getting enough attention from their teacher, and the teachers are truly dedicated to their students. Ribet is definitely the perfect choice for my child.

Posted May 08, 2015
Our son has attended Ribet since Kindergarten and he will start 5th grade in the Fall of this year. We appreciate the small class sizes at Ribet, lots of individual support and attention to address the unique needs of each student, and teachers who are passionate about teaching and who sincerely care for our children. We also appreciate the supportive community of parents who are all very dedicated in ensuring that their kids are not only doing well in school, but are teaching their kids the value of friendship and cultivating relationships with their peers. We recommend Ribet highly to those who are seeking a quality education in a nurturing environment.

Ribet Academy College Preparatory
2911 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Ribet Academy College Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ribet Academy College Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 77 reviews. Top