No rating

Sage Academy

Private | PK-1

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $347,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,480.

Posted May 8, 2013

Sage Academy is a fantastic place! My son has never been so happy to go to school. The teachers are all very nice and helpful with any of my questions. If you live in the valley look no further, your child belongs here!

Posted November 15, 2012

I have two daughters attending Sage. My 2 year old loves going to school every morning and has a huge smile on her face when I pick her up. My 3.5 year old, is proud to say she is in the "Green Room" and talks about her teachers endlessly. This school goes above and beyond to create a nurturing and safe place for our children. The teachers truly love and care about our kids (they send me texts with pictures of my girls playing). I love all the arts and crafts the children get to do everyday. I highly recommend this school to any parent looking for a GREAT preschool!!!

Posted September 7, 2012

The sage campus is large, which proved to be it's best feature. The directors leave the facility early each day and leave the teachers to run things. The after school care program lacks direction and passion. There are MANY days off during the year and they are really not accommodating to parents. This school is geared towards non-working parents.

Posted January 15, 2011

Sage preschool is wonderful! The teachers are amazing, genuinely loving and caring, with tons of creative and engaging activities for the children each day. My son enjoys himself so much there, and the teachers take care of him like their own! This is our second child at Sage and we are very happy there.

Posted December 1, 2010

My 3 year old just loves this school. She never wants to leave. I love the projects, crafts, and curriculum they have planned each day of school. We have found all the teachers to be very caring and sincere about the well being of the students. We feel that each teacher goes the extra step to make sure the children are well cared for in every way possible. Just wish they had an orientation program for the parents. I felt a little lost in the beginning of the school year.

Posted October 27, 2010

I have both my children at Sage's preschool. The teachers are very caring and the facility is top notch. Everyone is very friendly and is always open to new suggestions. I hear the Kindergarten is fantastic too!

Posted June 16, 2010

Sage is okay. They have a nice big campus with plenty of toys and a garden, art everyday and music often. They don't seem to offer much in the way of enrichment. I have recently found out there are other schools in the area that offer programs like karate and spanish and charge less for it. The teachers are okay too, there were a couple of really great teachers that left. From what I've heard from other parents, there is some favortism and politics that pushed them out. It sucks when your child has a really great teacher, and they leave, and you're left with an ok one. When I first met with the director to decide if I was going to enroll my child I was told there was a very low turnover, that was not true, teachers come and go way too often for my comfort.

Posted January 25, 2010

This is truly a wonderful school. Great teachers, principal, facility, resources, parents. You will not find a better school in the Valley - I tried and it's not out there. Sage is the best!

Posted October 20, 2009

I can't believe such a terrific school exists! I wish I would have known about this school for my older child. My daughter is in the Kindergarten program. The progress that she has made since the beginning of the year is nothing short of amazing. She attends computer class three time per week, P.E. daily, art class and music class. The curriculum is outstanding. The teachers are incredible with the children and are very responsive to any concerns. If you live in the area you should absolutely tour this school. It was everything that I saw in the tour and more. We love Sage Academy!

Posted May 23, 2009

We came from the Santa Clarita Valley, were there isnt a need for private schools. When we moved to the Valley, I was conserned about the public schools, and my fears were confirmed when my daughter had her first week at our local school. I pulled her out, and prayed that I would find something for her...then I found SAGE!!! Amazing...words can not explain how my daughter has thrived!!! Talk about the best kept secret!!! And their pre-school is secand to none!!!! My kids cry when I pick them up early!!

Posted May 8, 2009

GREAT SCHOOL!!!Our 3 year old and our 6 year love the school. Teachers are nice and honest, the grounds are unbeliveable, kids have so much room to run and play. They have a full program including computer lab.

Posted August 16, 2008

I started my 2 yr old at Sage in July and have already signed up my twins for Sept. 09 because they will have a wait list. The teachers all so enthusiastic and caring. The facility is so clean and the parents are wonderful. I feel so confident leaving my child in the morning. A small town feel in the San Fernando Valley!

Posted January 7, 2008

My son transferred to Sage Academy in 4th grade. This is truly a unique but traditional school. It is the best kept secret in the Valley! The principal is lovely and always available to parents. The 4th grade teacher really 'gets' my child's learning style and each child's strengths and weaknesses in her small class of 13. She is extremely responsive to parents and students, and always has a smile on her face. All types of students can thrive here because the small class size and individual attention allows students to work at their individualized pace and ability. Yet it is still a traditional academic setting. The families are not at all pretentious either. The negatives are its small size overall (no 2cd/3rd gr in 2007-08) and its lack of choice for after school activities. But the school is growing now from the preschool up so that will change soon.

Posted May 29, 2007

Sage offers a nurturing and caring environment. There is great deal of care that goes into staff selection and the curriculum is well-balanced and nicely enriched. We have found it to be a good environment for our child when a larger educational environment was not a good fit. May not be the right place for very social children due to the small student body.

Posted January 1, 2007

Our child used to beg to stay home from school. Since we moved him to Sage, he cries if he has to miss a day! While Sage is a traditional academic school, small class size as well as the school's philosophy create an environment that is unpressured. There is time in the child's day for plenty of one-on-one interaction with teachers, other students and outdoor exercise. (We made the mistake of not looking for these components when we chose our first school. But we have since come to realize how crucial they are if a child is to truly have a positive elementary school experience that will prepare him for middle school.) What's more, the teachers at Sage understand children; they go out of their way to instill confidence in the children.

Posted September 12, 2006

Sage is a small school with teachers with big hearts! We could not have found a more caring group of people at any other school. All teachers are very commited and care very much for the children's education. This is a small school so one on one attention is big. Wonderful, wonderful place... Great education. Great People.... a great experience for us and our child who trully believes that 'this is the best school in the world!' Totally recommend this school to any parent looking for a small school environment with great and caring educators, top rated education and a bunch of good hearted kids. : )

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NIPSA

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5901 Lindley Avenue