Immaculate Heart High And Middle School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
Great environment for girls to blossom into empowered, confident, women ready to take charge of their future! The girls are kind, and all of them genuinely want to be there. I myself experienced a lot of bullying at other schools and there was NOTHING like that at Immaculate Heart. The only downside to IHHS is the college counseling. If you are willing to do everything on your own you will be fine, but otherwise you should hire a separate college counselors.

Posted March 12, 2014
I attended this school and loved so much about it. The students, the faculty, the milieu, the diversity, and the view are all top notch. It's a great school with an amazing history and a real interest in the empowerment and education of women in a way that is modern and effective. I loved this experience and credit it with giving me a very strong sense of self-worth and a lifelong commitment to my fellow human. Strong standards and an enriching experience.

Posted August 09, 2013
My daughter spent 7 years here and was accepted to her dream university--one of the most competitive ones in the country--this spring. The road wasn't always smooth, but IH gave her the tools she needs to be successful in the world. Made doubly notable by the fact, that in the bubble of LA private schools, IH provides an experience that's a bit more grounded in reality than some of its peers. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I imagine the very negative reviews below came from the sort of highly self-entitled parents and students who inhabit that bubble. I encourage them to head off into the sunset and shell out a LOT more ducats for their education, leaving IH to produce smart "women of heart" from the lovely students who actually appreciate the place.

Immaculate Heart High And Middle School 2

Posted July 23, 2013
After two years of Middle School at Immaculate Heart, I cannot say that I would ever go back. Not only do they sell themselves as a much, much better version of what they are, they also make promises that they can't keep. They say they make confidant, strong young women, but they make the opposite. I did not even consider the High School, even as a completely different school, simply because I did not want to be in the environment any longer. There is a large amount of girls who are not returning to IH in the fall, as they share the same feelings. If your daughter is a rule follower, who has no creativity or sense of confidence, with a 4.0 gpa, this is the school for her, as they pressure the students to be perfect, and follow every rule. Including that you must wear socks that cover your ankles. And you may not wear bandanas because they support gangs(which the principal told to a black and latina girl who were wearing WHITE bandanas). Not to mention that they offer no support for the growing mind of a young girl. There is a counselor, but there is no actual support and even acknowledgment that girls at this age go through rough times, and may not be able to maintain a 4.0.

Immaculate Heart High And Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2013
I was terribly disappointed in the administrative staff at this school. The lack of support surprised me, as the school had a good reputation, and hopes were escalated by this. The students do not at all receive a "Christ centered education", its merely a business; driving revenue from whatever and whomever is able to pay. No ethics. We will probably not remain here due to this, despite my daughter' blossoming friendships. Very disappointing!

Immaculate Heart High And Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2013
The middle school principal is a money grubber. The meanest, most unprofessional administrator anywhere! The classes are stuffed with at least 25 students in each, and the overall attitude is most unpleasant. Stay far, far, away!

Posted March 15, 2013
After first semester at college, my daughter and her friends (American U, Berkeley, Bowdoin, Columbia, Loyola Marymount, Occidental, U of Pennsylvania, U of Minnesota, UCLA, Vassar, Wesleyan, Whitman) are doing well academically, personally, and socially, able to adjust and thrive because of IMAC/IHHS education.

Immaculate Heart High And Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2012
Please disregard the comment I made below. At a moment of anger from a bad test grade, and the ability of having a "shield" of the internet, I thought it was ok. Imac is a great school. There are flaws, like any other school, but for the most part it is great. The community is great there, and just like any other middle school, there is drama, which also made me post what I said below. The academics are amazing and even the teachers I don't favor are still great teachers. The whole school is like a family, and we all are open and caring to one another. The teachers are so nice and always there when you need to talk to them.

Posted January 18, 2010
The school is amazing and as soon as became part of the IHHS community I felt welcomed. The teachers are great and electives are fun.

Posted January 13, 2010
The academics are very rigorous, but the staff and teachers are very upbeat, positive and nuturing. There is a great sense of spirit and pride here. My daughter is very happy.

Immaculate Heart High And Middle School
5515 Franklin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90028
Last modified Immaculate Heart High And Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Immaculate Heart High And Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top